1. Join Chef Success Today!
    We're the #1 Pampered Chef Consultant Community. Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files, images, discussions etc! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Substitute for Smoky BBQ Rub?

Discussion in 'Recipes and Tips' started by SummerG, Jan 30, 2008.

1. SummerG

SummerG Regular Member

Hi there! I would love to make the new Sloppy Joe recipe from the Power Cooking recipes tonight but I do not have the Smoky BBQ Rub. Anybody know of a good substitute to try?

Thanks!!
    Summer

Jan 30, 2008
  2. kspry

kspry Veteran Member

No, sorry. I really like the PC flavor and it's not like others I've tried.

Jan 31, 2008
  3. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legacy Member Gold Member

I can't think of one off the top of my head either! I made a triple batch which normally would take 6T of the rub...I only had 3 left so dumped it all in...it was plenty!

Anyway, I figured it's easier to make a triple batch of one thing than 3 different things at one, they another day make a bigger batch of another one. The recommendation is freeze up to 3 months so sloppy joes once a month is not often at all...I should be able to use it up by then.

By the way if anyone cares a 32oz. bottle of ketchup = 3 cups of ketchup.

Jan 31, 2008
  4. Kodeysmom

Kodeysmom Veteran Member Gold Member

I had to buy a bottle from walmart the other day. And it was pretty good. Not sure what brand it was but it was a smokey BBQ rub.

Feb 1, 2008
  5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legacy Member Gold Member

Good to know - and a good tip for shows too!

Feb 1, 2008
  6. lissahope26

lissahope26 Regular Member

I have been looking at walmart for a substitute. The microwave pork loin takes a LOT of rub. I went through almost a whole bottle for that one salad recipe. My director has the old BBQ seasoning, so I'm going to try that. She said it's similar. I hope so b/c the smoky rub is delicious! I need to search walmart again. I need it for a show on Saturday.

Feb 19, 2008
  7. Kodeysmom

Kodeysmom Veteran Member Gold Member

I think emeril even has one. There were some that were in big fat short tubs too.

Feb 19, 2008
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted