• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitute for Fennel and Herb Rub?

In summary, Fennel and Herb Rub is a blend of fennel seeds, dried herbs, and spices. If you don't have this specific seasoning on hand, you can substitute it with equal parts of fennel seeds, dried thyme, and dried rosemary. You can also use fresh herbs instead of dried, but keep in mind that the flavor may be slightly different. There are low-sodium options for the rub, and it can be used on different types of meat or vegetables. Properly stored, the Fennel and Herb Rub can last up to 6 months.
babywings76
Gold Member
I want to make the new recipe, Stove Top Pan Pizza, but I don't have the Fennel & Herb Rub. Any ideas on what a good substitute might be?

I would use fennel seeds and Italian seasoning. (Fennel seeds are what gives Italian sausage that "Italian sausage" flavor!)​

Even just Italian seasoning should work... usually has a bit of fennel in it already.

1. What can I use as a substitute for Fennel and Herb Rub?

Fennel and Herb Rub is a blend of fennel seeds, dried herbs, and spices. If you don't have this specific seasoning on hand, you can substitute it with equal parts of fennel seeds, dried thyme, and dried rosemary.

2. Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried in the Fennel and Herb Rub?

Yes, you can use fresh herbs instead of dried in the Fennel and Herb Rub. Keep in mind that the flavor may be slightly different, so you may need to adjust the amount used to suit your taste.

3. Is there a low-sodium option for the Fennel and Herb Rub?

Yes, there are low-sodium options for the Fennel and Herb Rub. You can substitute the salt in the recipe with a low-sodium alternative or omit it altogether and adjust the other seasonings to your liking.

4. Can I use the Fennel and Herb Rub on other types of meat besides chicken?

Absolutely! The Fennel and Herb Rub is versatile and can be used on different types of meat such as pork, beef, and fish. You can also try it on roasted vegetables or in marinades for added flavor.

5. How long will the Fennel and Herb Rub last in my pantry?

The Fennel and Herb Rub can last up to 6 months if stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Be sure to check the expiration date on the individual ingredients used in the rub and use the earliest date as a guide for when to use it by.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• booksx2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
booksx2
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies