• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitute for Dijon Mustard: Will Vidalia Onion Dressing Work?

In summary, there are several options for substituting Dijon Mustard, depending on personal preference and the recipe. These include yellow mustard, honey mustard, spicy brown mustard, a combination of mayonnaise and dry mustard, or even apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar for a dairy-free option. Keep in mind that the flavor may vary slightly from traditional Dijon Mustard.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm putting together 3 of the Power cooking recipes. I'm going to make the Dijon Chicken Noodle Toss and bag it up to eat tomorrow for dinner. I don't have Dijon mustard (I could've sworn I had some, so I didn't pick any up when I was at the store.) So, what do you think could be a substitute flavor/dressing I could use? I also don't have regular mustard. I do have Vidalia Onion Dressing (from Costco or Sams Club). Do you think that could work since it's a spicy, zingy type dressing?

Yes, the Vidalia Onion Dressing could work as a substitute for Dijon mustard. The dressing has a nice spicy and zesty flavor that would pair nicely with the other ingredients in the recipe. You can adjust the amount of dressing you use to get the desired flavor. If the dressing is too strong or too sweet, you can also mix it with some olive oil to balance out the flavors.

I think the Vidalia Onion Dressing could work as a substitute for the Dijon mustard. It may not have the exact same flavor, but it will still add a nice tanginess to the dish. You could also try mixing in some honey or honey mustard to give it a little sweetness and balance out the spiciness of the dressing. Another option could be using a combination of mayonnaise and vinegar to mimic the creaminess and tanginess of Dijon mustard. Let us know how it turns out!

1. What can I use as a substitute for Dijon Mustard?

There are a few options you can use as a substitute for Dijon Mustard, depending on the recipe and your personal taste preferences. Some common substitutes include yellow mustard, honey mustard, spicy brown mustard, or a combination of mayonnaise and dry mustard.

2. Can I use regular yellow mustard instead?

Yes, you can use regular yellow mustard as a substitute for Dijon Mustard. However, keep in mind that the flavor may be slightly different and not as bold as Dijon Mustard.

3. What if I don't have any mustard on hand?

If you don't have any mustard available, you can use a combination of mayonnaise and dry mustard as a substitute for Dijon Mustard. Simply mix together 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise with 1 teaspoon of dry mustard to equal 1 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard.

4. I don't like spicy mustard, what can I use instead?

If you prefer a milder flavor, you can use honey mustard or a combination of mayonnaise and dry mustard as a substitute for Dijon Mustard. You can also use a smaller amount of spicy brown mustard to achieve a similar flavor without the heat.

5. Is there a substitute for Dijon Mustard that is dairy-free?

Yes, you can use a combination of mayonnaise and dry mustard as a dairy-free substitute for Dijon Mustard. You can also try using a small amount of apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar for a tangy flavor without any dairy ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
MissChef
Replies
Views
Staci
  • jrstephens
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies