• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stovetop vs. Oven Demo: Tips for Cooking Without an Oven

A hot plate is a great investment if you're demoing on the stovetop. It's a one- burner that plugs into a regular outlet and is just like a stovetop electric top burner. You can use it for quick chicken primavera, bananas Foster stir fry, and more. Just make sure you have an extension cord handy!
micocina
Gold Member
I think I am posting in the wrong section... Oh well!:rolleyes:

I'd like to get some feedback in regards to demo-ing on the stovetop or portable range versus baking. What do you cook on the stovetop when a Host's oven is broken or she rather not use it? :D

I have demo'd with a hot plate before and LOVED it. I have never used the stove top. That was my first time to do live cooking other than the normal oven things.

I loved it! I did the Chicken Parmesean and I got great responses too.

what is a hot plate and how do you use it?

It is just a one eye burner that you can get at Walmart for about $10-$12. It just plugs into a normal outlet and works like a stove electric top burner.

I use my plug in burner often. I use it for Quick Chicken Primavera Rissotto, Bananas Foster Stir Fry, Three Onion Goat Cheese Tart. It was well worth the $10 I spent on it. Just make sure you always bring an extension cord, too.

DebbieJ said:
Quick Chicken Primavera .

That is waht I meant instead of Parmesean. ha! I knew it did not sound right.

Panini are easy and fun as a "burner" show, too. Or any stir-fry.A hot plate is definintely worth the small investment. You never know when a host will call the day before her show and tell you that her oven is broken!

That is a deal for only $10! I always wondered how to do stovetop stuff.

Hot plate, hum? I will have to go out and get me one of those. Besides Walmart, where else can I find one?

Maybe Target or Sears?

Just about any discount store: Target, KMart, etc. Heck, try Big Lots, Meijer, Farm and Fleet, whatever you have in your area. They'll probably be near the other small electrics. And definitely get an extension cord to keep with it. Mine has about an 18" cord - totally useless!

If you want to spend a few more bucks, you can go to a restaurant supply and get a single gas-powered burner that uses little canisters of fuel. Like the ones they use at hotel restaurants for omelet bars.

I got mine at Walgreens. Have also seen them at CVS.

1. What is the difference between a Stove Top Demo and an Oven Demo?

The main difference between a Stove Top Demo and an Oven Demo is the method of cooking. A Stove Top Demo involves cooking on the stovetop using our cookware and kitchen tools, while an Oven Demo involves cooking in the oven using our bakeware.

2. Which type of demo is more popular with customers?

It really depends on the customer's preference and needs. Some customers prefer the convenience and speed of a Stove Top Demo, while others enjoy the hands-off cooking and versatility of an Oven Demo. Both types of demos are equally popular among our customers.

3. Can I use the same recipes for both types of demos?

Yes, you can use the same recipes for both Stove Top and Oven Demos. However, some recipes may require slight adjustments depending on the cooking method. Our consultants can help you with any recipe modifications for the specific demo you are hosting.

4. Do I need special equipment for each type of demo?

For a Stove Top Demo, you will need our cookware and kitchen tools, which are designed for stovetop cooking. For an Oven Demo, you will need our bakeware, which is specifically designed for oven use. Our consultants can provide you with all the necessary equipment for a successful demo.

5. Can I do both types of demos at the same party?

Yes, you can definitely do both types of demos at the same party. This can give your customers a better understanding of the versatility of our products and how they can be used for different cooking methods. However, it is important to properly plan and coordinate the demos to ensure a smooth and successful party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
carlajanes
Replies
Views
Paige Dixon
  • pamperedchefqueen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes