• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organize Your Herbs: Store with Ease

In summary, the best way to store herbs for freshness is to wrap them in a damp paper towel and place them in a zip-top bag in the refrigerator. Different types of herbs should be stored separately to avoid flavor transfer. Labeling herbs with a label maker or waterproof marker is recommended for easy identification. Fresh herbs can also be frozen for later use and kept easily accessible by using a hanging herb rack or spice rack with shelves.
DebPC
Staff member
This would work great in our tall herb keeper.

asparagus tipture.jpg

I use the herb keeper all the time. It keeps asparagus for a long time!!

I admit Beth- I've never been that interested in the herb keeper. But I think I need to be more interested. I'm thinking it would also be great for Cilantro. Everyone- what are some other uses for this???

I think it's name is misleading. I use it for green onions, but never herbs. Most of my herbs do better by washing and spinning them, then wrap a damp paper towel around it, stick in a ziploc bag to squeeze out the air. I dont have luck (or fridge space) with the herb keeper for herbs. :D

I use it for cilantro and parsley. I often have 2 in the fridge door. Mostly that's all - asparagus, cilantro, parsley but then since I usually have at least one of these all the time I don't need it to be used for more than that.

I just got the herb keeper and cannot get the lid/top part to fit together correctly Wondering if I should send it back

Yes, it fits easily & snug. Pretty much just snaps on. If you're having trouble then something isn't right. Send it back.

Hi there! I completely agree with you, using a tall herb keeper is a great way to organize and store your herbs with ease. Not only does it keep them fresh and easily accessible, but it also saves space in the kitchen. I highly recommend giving it a try! Let me know if you have any questions about using the tall herb keeper or any other tips for organizing your herbs. Happy cooking!

1. How do I store my herbs to keep them fresh for longer?

The best way to store your herbs for freshness is to wrap them in a damp paper towel and place them in a zip-top bag, leaving a small opening for air to circulate. Store them in the refrigerator and change the paper towel every few days.

2. Can I store different types of herbs together?

It's best to store different types of herbs separately, as their flavors and scents can transfer to one another. If you must store them together, make sure they are in airtight containers.

3. What is the best way to label my herbs for easy identification?

We recommend using a label maker or writing directly on the storage container with a waterproof marker. This will ensure that your herbs are clearly labeled and easy to identify.

4. Can I freeze my fresh herbs for later use?

Yes, you can freeze fresh herbs for later use. Simply wash and dry them, then chop or leave them whole and place in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.

5. How can I make sure my herbs are easily accessible in my kitchen?

One way to keep your herbs easily accessible is to use a hanging herb rack or a spice rack with shelves. This will keep your herbs organized and within reach while cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisaterwilliger
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • dancedivine