• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Optimizing Product Storage: Box or Bag? Tips and Advice

In summary, the conversation is about how consultants store their products and whether or not they keep them in their boxes. Some consultants prefer to keep their products in the boxes for safe storage and travel, while others prefer to take them out of the boxes and use towels or bags to protect them. It ultimately comes down to personal preference and what works best for each consultant.
PCMelissa
Gold Member
Just curious... do most of you keep your products in the box? Do you carry your product to your shows like that? Or just put them in the bad without the boxes. Just wondering. I am trying to decide before I throw out the boxes of the items from my starter kit!

Thanks!

The only boxes I have kept are the trifle bowl box (with the pedestal box as well), large round platter, and I think that's it!

Below my oven is storage space so that's where I keep all my stones. I guess if I didnt have that perhaps I would keep the boxes. But I do use most of my stones a lot.

HTH

I don't have a bag, but I use a crate that we used get in our kit and I put the product directly in the crate. Everything, okay most everything, is coming out of my kitchen cabinets and I don't store my product in their boxes in the cabinet.

I carry some of my items in the boxes in my rolling cart - The trifle bowl, coating trays, RUFTH trivet, some simple additions - things I don't want to take a chance being broken or scratched - the chopper, microplane, etc all are out of the boxes - you will get the hang of it and what works for one might not work for another -

No boxes. If anything is fragile or scratches easily it gets wrapped in kitchen towels (I have the towels from like the past 4 seasons so I use them for that). I also have the cookware bags plus the new cookware protectors.

The only thing I keep in a box and bring that way to shows is the Trifle Bowl (if it's not filled with a Trifle) and the Deep Covered Baker. Everything else gets packed with lots of towels. I try not to keep products in boxes in my house because it just takes up SO much room. Most everything has "lived" outside of its box except the two mentioned above.

The ONE drawback to being a consultant is the storage of all the products....especially once you start earning FREE stuff!!!:) :)

Thanks all!! Okay, the kitchen towels is a great idea! I was leaning towards discarding the boxes, but wanted to make sure I wouldn't be mad I did. So, I think I will. Thanks all for your help!

I keep my SA bowl caddy and the small bowls in the boxes (Bowl box is inside the caddy box). And then I end up putting my spices in there too. It is such a weird shape it makes it hard to pack around. My stone with handles and trifle are in boxes also but I don't take them to shows unless I'm using them.

Have fun!!

I don't use boxes either and use towels like the other ladies said...besides, you can never have to many towels with you at a show.

For those of you who have a Meijer Store near you...I got the Free wine bag that you get when you buy a bottle of wine and I use it to carry all my little utensils in (I got tired of digging them out of the bottom of the bag). This way I can grab an item while I am at home to use and put it back when I am done without unloading everything.

DebbieJ said:
No boxes. If anything is fragile or scratches easily it gets wrapped in kitchen towels (I have the towels from like the past 4 seasons so I use them for that). I also have the cookware bags plus the new cookware protectors.
...ditto...

I have to vote the other way--I prefer keeping my items in boxes. It just gives me so much more peace of mind. At first, I recycled all of them, and in hindsight, I could just kick myself. But, each person has to decide for themselves. Small stuff definitely comes out of the box, but I have kept all my larger things in the boxes for safe storage and travel. But, that's just how my mind works. You need to find what works for you. I just used my show to go rolling tote the other night, and it was SO hard for me to put a SA platter in it not in the box. I just don't want to worry about breakages or scratches. Do what you think is best.

Tammy

The only item I have kept a box for is the Large Round Stone w/ handles - so I don't have to worry about the handles cracking or breaking during transport. I've been doing this for 5 years, and never broken anything yet in transport.....watch, now that I say that, I probably will!:rolleyes:

I keep the following in its box:
Ultimate MAndoline
Easy Accent Decorator
Cookie Press
Decorator bottles (w/ extra tips)
Microplane® Adjustable Grater

I do this only for storage reasons. The box keeps everything together and then I can stack things on top of it. Nothing like hunting for a bunch of loose pieces in a drawer. Everything else I use way too often to always have to repack it each time.

Mwalker said:
Ultimate MAndoline
Easy Accent Decorator
Cookie Press

I do this only for storage reasons. The box keeps everything together and then I can stack things on top of it. Nothing like hunting for a bunch of loose pieces in a drawer. Everything else I use way too often to always have to repack it each time.

Oh, yeah, I didn't even think about the cookie press and Decorator Bottle Set - I keep those in their original boxes too.....but I rarely use them, so that just helps me know where they are, and I don't have to dig all the little pieces out the couple times of the year that I use them!

I keep the cookie press and large dots bowl in a box. Everything else is used so often in my house the when I do a show I just pick what I'm taking and put it into my crate. My basic rule is if it don't fit in the crate, I don't take it :)

now that I think about it... meat tenderizer, SA lg platter, decorator bottles, ice cream sandwich maker..... they are in boxes. But I think that's it. Everything else gets wrapped in dish towels for transport.

I keep the following in boxes:

Easy Accent Decorator
Cookie Press
Chillizane items (only b/c I store them over the winter
RUFTH Trivet

I should have kept my Trifle Bowl in one since I just broke the pedestal b/c I was in a hurry and did not put my Micro Fiber Towel inside with it when I was packing away (Grrrr!!)

Oh well - guess I will have to get another one...:eek:

I keep the Cookie Press and Easy Accent Decorator in the box because of all the extra parts. I keep the Square Platter, Large Rectangle Platter and Oval Platter with Cranberry Accents in their boxes, too. I hold on to some boxes for a little while to see if I will want them. As I clean out my cupboards to store new product, I throw out the old boxes that I haven't used. I did keep the box for the new cup and bottle holders because I don't know a better way to store those.

Like so many others, I keep a few of the items I use only occasionally and loan out a lot (like the Cookie Press and Easy Accent Decorator) in the boxes. Everything else I toss in my carrier as is. One exception from the new S/S products is the new Outdoor Party Sticks. I think they'll be easier for me to transport in their box.

I only keep things in boxes that I don't use on a regular basis. I used to keep all the "nice" stuff in boxes, but then realized that I never used it at home because it was too much hassle to take out of the box. But, I have recycled most of the boxes for other things around the house - kids toys, puzzles, small craft do-dads and the big shipping boxes make great airplanes, trains, cars, boats, etc and great toy boxes!

I wrap fragile items in towels to take to shows. At home the only boxes I have kept are:

Fluted Stone - b/c I keep all my stones on a shelf in my pantry and there wasn't any room for it in the stoneware rack (wish I had bought 2 more of them when they were in the outlet!)
APCS - b/c it has so many peices & it's sharp!
Cookie Press
Decorator Bottles

I think that's it.

For my shows, I only keep the trifle bowl (when I do bring it) and the RFTH trivet in the box. I used to keep the DCG in the box but got sick of taking it out and putting it back in. At home, I keep the DCG, old USG, EAD and a couple other items in their original boxes. Helps when some items have different parts and pieces to keep them all together.

Mwalker said:
Ultimate MAndoline
Easy Accent Decorator
Cookie Press

I keep all of these except the Microplane in boxes too! I also keep the Trifle Bowl and the Salad Berry Spinner in their boxes.

I have so many products (almost everything in the catalog except for the SS cookware) that I don't have room to keep all the boxes:)! I have shelves in my attached garage I use to store all of my products. For my Simple Additions I purchased two SA carrying bags on the outlet and store all of them in these and put them on the bottom shelve in the garage. It's so easy to find what I need that way.

You will find what works for you. I would suggest keeping the boxes for a little while and you will find which ones you want and which you don't.

I wishI could keep my Apple Peeler/Mangler in its box without having to take it apart each time. It gets tangled in other stuff in my drawer.

I keep my Cookie Press and Decorator bottles in their box, as well as the stencil set.
The outdoor party sticks will also stay in their box, just to keep them "organized".
I also have the silicone floral cupcake pan in its box, tho it really could come out now. I have the cheese board in its box, simply so I can sell it at some point, as its not something I have a need for personally, and just have it in case I need to "show" it at a show. (like for the March host special!)

Paula

I keep most of my boxes in storage in case the product ever needs to be returned. But I do keep boxes to store the simple additions caddy; cookie press; triffle bowl and stones (which probably will be moved out of their boxes when I figure out where i wanna keep the stones, probably after I re-organize my pan cupboard again.)

For transporting...I mostly use towels and our oven pads to cushion.

At home, my not so much used items are in boxes in my back storage room
EAD
Cookie Press
Simple Additons
Odd shaped stones that I don't have stored in my kitchen (loaf pans, fluted pan, etc.)
Decorator Bottle Set

I have also kept the box to my trifle bowl, I'm afraid I'm gonna break it! Everything else though is out and used at home and at shows.

All of my products are used at home, so I throw away the boxes. They take up too much space. My SA pieces are displayed in my hutch and used for special occasions, but other than that everything is in a drawer, bin, TTA, or stoneware crock.

Im surprised to see how many keep their SAs in the box. We actually use them daily. Then again, I only have one piece thats larger than the Medium Square plates. I have 6 small bowls, 4 small plates (2 cranberry accent), & I think 8 medium plates. At any given time about half are in the dishwasher. lol My Dots large bowl has turned into my fruit bowl.

I too only keep the Cookie Press and EAD in the box. Everything else I mostly use in my kitchen and if I am taking them to a show, I wrap them in the towels, use the cookware bags and carry them in the totes. My large Dots Bowl is on display at the back of my bakers rack - its really pretty there! I do have an extra TTA that is almost full of tools - Im working on getting a 2nd set of those. It stays in my car in the TTA Bag.

I just cant see saving all those boxes! They would just take up too much room! If you wrap fragile items carefully in the towels, you will be fine - plus I have cut WAY back on what I take to shows!

1. Do most people keep their products in the box or in a bag?

It ultimately depends on personal preference and the type of product. Some people prefer to keep their products in the original box for organization and protection, while others prefer to use a bag for easier transportation. It is important to consider the size and fragility of the product when deciding which method of storage is best.

2. Do you carry your products to shows with the boxes or without?

This also varies depending on the individual and the type of show. If the show is more formal or requires a professional presentation, it may be beneficial to keep the products in their original boxes. However, for more casual shows, it may be more convenient to carry the products in a bag without the boxes.

3. Is it necessary to keep the boxes for products from a starter kit?

This is a personal decision, but it is recommended to keep the boxes for at least a period of time in case any products need to be returned or exchanged. After that, it is up to the individual whether they want to keep the boxes for organization or dispose of them.

4. Are there any benefits to keeping products in their original boxes?

Yes, keeping products in their original boxes can protect them from damage or breakage during transportation or storage. It can also make it easier to keep track of products and maintain organization.

5. Are there any tips for optimizing product storage?

Some tips for optimizing product storage include keeping products in a cool, dry place, using containers or dividers to organize products, and labeling products for easy identification. It is also important to regularly check the expiration dates of products and rotate them as needed to ensure they are used before expiring.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• apriljc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • Jenni