• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Stoneware Be Heated on the Stovetop?

In summary, the customer's "French" cookware melted when it was still hot and shot pieces across the room. The cookware is not like the stoneware that the customer has.
heat123
Silver Member
I had a guest purchase two pieces and asked if stoneware could be heated on the stove top to melt butter before she throws it in the oven?:confused:

I didnt' think so but thought to double check first before giving her a definite answer?:confused:

thanks!:)

You cannot put stoneware onto a direct flame. So my answer would be no. I would think you could put the stone on top of the stove but not turn the burners on, just the oven and it would get warm enough maybe to melt butter?

I do have a question is why would she want to melt butter on it???

heat123 said:
I had a guest purchase two pieces and asked if stoneware could be heated on the stove top to melt butter before she throws it in the oven?:confused:

I didnt' think so but thought to double check first before giving her a definite answer?:confused:

thanks!:)

No...you cannot use them on the stove. How about in the microwave first & THEN in the oven!;)

Ginger428 said:
No...you cannot use them on the stove. How about in the microwave first & THEN in the oven!;)

I did tell her about thie microwave but she wanted to melt it ontop of her stove:confused:

She said there was some French stonware (but didn't know the name of it) that was really expensive and you could use it on the stovetop.

thanks for your responses!

It is probably more like ceramic, not stoneware. However, I have melted butter in the stoneware using the microwave and the oven on different recipes. Sell her the micro-cooker or the cookware!

I had a customer who told me that she put her stone on her ceramic cooktop that was recently turned off and still hot. The stone EXPLODED! She said it shot pieces all across the room! Yikes! Avoid the direct heat!

heat123 said:
I did tell her about thie microwave but she wanted to melt it ontop of her stove:confused:

She said there was some French stonware (but didn't know the name of it) that was really expensive and you could use it on the stovetop.

thanks for your responses!

The "French" cookware she is referring to is called Le Cruset and yes, it is expensive, but it is a cast iron/ceramic that you use on the stove and in the oven (we have one piece that we LOVE but it was $400+ for the ONE and that was on sale!) Anyway, these pieces are passed in wills from generation to generation in the French community....

Anyway, got off on my tangent!

Our stoneware is nothing like it...except that is is wonderful!:p

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out with your question. Stoneware is not recommended to be used on the stovetop as it can crack or break due to the direct heat. It is best to use stoneware in the oven or microwave for melting butter or other ingredients. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking! :)

1. Can I use Pampered Chef stoneware on the stovetop?

No, our stoneware is not recommended for use on the stovetop. It is designed to be used in the oven or microwave.

2. Why can't I use stoneware on the stovetop?

Stoneware is not designed to be used directly on a stovetop because it is not able to withstand direct heat from a burner. Using stoneware on the stovetop can cause it to crack or break.

3. Can I heat stoneware on a gas stove?

No, stoneware should not be used on any type of stovetop, including gas stoves. It is designed for use in the oven or microwave only.

4. What will happen if I use stoneware on the stovetop?

If stoneware is used on the stovetop, it can crack or break due to the direct heat from the burner. This can also be a safety hazard, as the hot stoneware can cause burns or start a fire.

5. Can I use stoneware on an induction cooktop?

No, stoneware should not be used on any type of stovetop, including induction cooktops. It is only recommended for use in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • bridgetbakes
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefSandyK