• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware vs Pyrex: Choosing the Right Cookware

In summary, stoneware and Pyrex are two types of baking dishes made from different materials. Stoneware is made from fired clay while Pyrex is made from treated glass. While both are great for baking, stoneware is known for retaining heat and Pyrex is better for high heat dishes. They should not be used interchangeably and should be cleaned and cared for in a similar manner. Both are safe to use in the oven and microwave, but caution should be taken with stoneware in regards to sudden temperature changes and placing it directly on hot surfaces.
DebPC
Staff member
py.jpg

Excellent visual. Thanks!

"Hey everyone! I just wanted to share my experience trying out a new skincare routine. I've been using a combination of natural oils and my skin has never looked better. Has anyone else had success with natural skincare products?"That's great to hear! I've also had success with natural skincare products. I switched to using all-natural products a few years ago and my skin has been much healthier and more radiant. I think it's important to be conscious of the ingredients we put on our skin, especially since it's our largest organ. Have you found any specific oils or products that have worked well for you? I love hearing about new natural skincare options.

1. What is the main difference between stoneware and Pyrex?

Stoneware and Pyrex are both types of baking dishes, but they are made from different materials. Stoneware is made from clay that has been fired at a high temperature, while Pyrex is made from glass that has been treated to be more durable and heat-resistant.

2. Which one is better for baking?

Both stoneware and Pyrex are great for baking, but they have different strengths. Stoneware is known for its ability to retain heat, making it perfect for dishes that require even cooking and browning. Pyrex, on the other hand, is great for dishes that need to be cooked at high temperatures, as it can withstand heat up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

3. Can I use stoneware and Pyrex interchangeably?

While both stoneware and Pyrex can be used for baking, they should not be used interchangeably. Stoneware is not recommended for dishes that require high heat, as it may crack or break. Pyrex, on the other hand, is not ideal for dishes that need to be heated slowly, as it may shatter if placed on a hot surface.

4. How do I clean and care for stoneware and Pyrex?

Cleaning and caring for stoneware and Pyrex is similar. Both should be washed with warm soapy water and dried thoroughly before storing. However, stoneware should not be soaked in water or placed in the dishwasher, as it may cause it to crack or break. Pyrex can be soaked and placed in the dishwasher, but it is recommended to hand wash for longevity.

5. Are stoneware and Pyrex safe to use in the oven and microwave?

Yes, both stoneware and Pyrex are safe to use in the oven and microwave. However, it is important to note that stoneware should not be placed in a preheated oven, as the sudden change in temperature may cause it to crack. Pyrex, on the other hand, can withstand a preheated oven, but it is recommended to avoid placing it directly on a hot surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kathy Scott
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
ccpchef
  • vhadley
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • lt1jane