• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Struggles: My 6 Muffin Tin Experience

In summary, the conversation was about a stoneware muffin pan that was causing the muffins to stick. The solution was to grease the pan with Crisco or oil, and to use a silicone brush to ensure thorough coverage. Some people also suggested using paper or foil liners for easier clean-up, but others preferred not to because stoneware is supposed to become non-stick over time. Other tips included using a Kitchen Spritzer for greasing and using a scrubbie or scrunched up plastic bag for cleaning the nooks and crannies of the pan.
jrstephens
Do you like these? I have the 6 muffin one I got for SS months. Everytime I have used it things stick like crazy in it and I had to scrub like crazy to get it clean! Your thoughts.......

are you spraying it? The stoneware with sides has to be sprayed and sometimes floured...depends on your recipe. Also, when you get ready to get your muffins out, run a spreader between the muffin and the side of the stone.

Sticky mess...I was getting frustrated with my muffins getting stuck in the stoneware muffin pan too. Now I just grease it with Crisco. Works much better, and the muffins just fall out when I flip it over. I've also been buying the Crisco that has 0 grams of trans fat.

At first I was mad that I got the 6 cup pan instead of the 12 cup. But then I realized that the envelope muffin mixes usally make only 6 muffins. Now I love it cause I can use the mixes to whip up muffins for breakfast anytime. :)

I did not grease it b/c I have never greased my other stones and just did not with this one. I will do that next time! I really want to use it. My little boy loves muffins. Thanks for the tip! Do you grease it with Crisco oil or do you buy the cooking spray?

What about using the paper or foil liners in the muffin pans?

Baker's JoyI use Baker's Joy (I think that's the right name) baking spray (supposed to have flour in it somehow, or something like that) on my stoneware muffin pan and fluted cake pan and haven't had any sticking. Usually I spray it and then use a silicone basting brush to rub it around and make sure everything is covered.

amya said:
What about using the paper or foil liners in the muffin pans?

That is the ONLY time they did not stick! ha! But I hate to tell customers they need to use liners when our stoneware is suppose to become basically stick free over time. I have never had a sitcking problem with my round stones or bar pans.

jrstephens said:
I did not grease it b/c I have never greased my other stones and just did not with this one. I will do that next time! I really want to use it. My little boy loves muffins. Thanks for the tip! Do you grease it with Crisco oil or do you buy the cooking spray?

No, I use the Crisco shortning. It's the only thing I use it for! I just keep the little tub in my pantry for greasing my muffin pan and cake pans. It also seems to help it "season" faster. I'm too paranoid not to grease it, but it's getting well seasoned. :)

Last edited:
Stick with Crisco or oil (do you have the Kitchen Spritzer?). This will help you build up the seasoning you want on your stone (sprays will make it sticky). If you use it often, eventually you won't have to oil the pan.

I do not have the spritzer yet, but it is on my list of "to get" I will stick with oil. When I first seasoned my flat stones, I put the oil on it with a paper towel to cover it all.

I have to admit I am not a fan of the fluted stones, or anything that has small corners to clean....I still use them because nothing cooks/bakes like a stone, but they are such a pain to clean. I much prefer silicone for muffins or anything small.

A quick tip for cleaning all those little nooks and crannies--use a scrubbie. I have a soft plastic mesh scrubbie that I use on my stones. If it's a flat stone, I start with the scraper. Otherwise, I just use my scrubbie and hot water. It gets into those hart-to-reach places really well.

If you don't have a scrubbie, a scrunched up plastic onion or potato bag will do.

1. How do I remove stuck-on food from my muffin tin?

To remove stuck-on food from your muffin tin, fill the tin with warm water and a few drops of dish soap. Let it soak for at least 30 minutes, then use a scrub brush or sponge to gently scrub away the food. For tougher stains, you can also try using a mixture of baking soda and water as a natural abrasive cleaner.

2. What can I do to prevent my muffin tin from rusting?

To prevent your muffin tin from rusting, make sure to dry it thoroughly after washing. You can also lightly coat the tin with cooking oil or spray before using it, which will create a barrier and prevent moisture from causing rust. Additionally, avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on your tin, as these can damage the surface and make it more prone to rusting.

3. How can I get rid of lingering odors in my muffin tin?

If your muffin tin has a lingering odor, try filling it with equal parts water and white vinegar. Let it sit for about 15 minutes, then rinse and dry thoroughly. The vinegar will help to neutralize any odors. You can also try sprinkling baking soda in the tin and letting it sit overnight before rinsing and drying.

4. What is the best way to clean a non-stick muffin tin?

To clean a non-stick muffin tin, avoid using harsh scrub brushes or abrasive cleaners, as these can damage the non-stick coating. Instead, use a gentle dish soap and warm water to hand wash the tin. For tougher stains, you can also try using a non-abrasive sponge or a paste made from baking soda and water.

5. How often should I clean my muffin tin?

It is recommended to clean your muffin tin after each use to prevent food from hardening and becoming more difficult to remove. However, if you are unable to clean it immediately, make sure to at least rinse it with warm water and wipe away any excess food. It is also a good idea to give your muffin tin a deep clean every few months, or more often if you use it frequently.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• aPamperedBride
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
chefliz
  • BethanyN