• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I prevent my cakes from sticking in the Stoneware Fluted Pan?

In summary, the customer is having trouble with her cakes sticking to the pan and wants advice on how to fix the problem.
blestmom
I had a call this morning from a customer. She ordered a Large Bar Pan and the Fluted Pan. She said she loved the bar pan, but she has made 2 cakes, and they are both sticking...really bad. She said she has tried greasing, etc., and she wants me to tell her what she is doing wrong.

Can you give me some tips, advice, ideas before I give her a call? I don't have the fluted pan myself.

Thank you! I'm a new demonstrator and she's one of my first customers. I want her to be a happy one. :)

Deb

The fluted pan can be a little tricky because it's a more detailed shape than the other stones.You can season it fairly well by cooking meatloaf or a chicken in it. Or there's a seasoning "recipe" that's been posted that uses salt and shortening (Crisco).

HmmmFind out how long she is leaving her cakes in the oven or microwave. Are these micro cakes she is making? Sometimes the microwave needs to be turned down to medium power if it gets too hot and left for a few more minutes to ensure an even baking time and does her micro rotate?
Sorry for all the questions but I would want to know details to make sure it's not her, instead of the stone. And just like Ann said the fluted pan has so many creases that it may need to be seasoned as she mentioned before any baking can be done successfully in it. I made an oven baked chicken with veggies the first time in it and never had to grease it after that.

Debbie :D

Don't shoot me here...whenever I make a cake or something delicate like that...no matter HOW SEASONED my pan is, I use Baker's Joy (the spray with the flour in it..this does not cause stickiness on the stones)

I would tell her to either use Baker's Joy, or to grease and flour it before baking a cake.

HTH

I usually use a papertowel and some veggie oil when making cakes and have never had a problem. I did have a problem when making the tamale round about, the whole top corn bread stuck. You really do have to oil it well!

Oil the pan really well before baking. Once cooked and before she invert the cake on the cake plate, place the cake plate on top on the stone but do not lift to flute pan for 10 mintues. The steam will loose the cake out. Then it show come out easy.

I have been making microwave cakes for 8 years. I do NOT invert the stone onto the plate--every time I do no matter how long I leave it it sticks. I just cover the the stone with an inverted platter for about 10 minutes. I then take the plate off, "loosen" the spindle with a skinny scraper, then cover the pan with the platter and invert it. Works every time. Do make sure the pan is oiled well, especially the spindle.

KellyTheChef said:
Don't shoot me here...whenever I make a cake or something delicate like that...no matter HOW SEASONED my pan is, I use Baker's Joy (the spray with the flour in it..this does not cause stickiness on the stones)I would tell her to either use Baker's Joy, or to grease and flour it before baking a cake.HTH
Baker's Joy is the bomb and is NOT the same as Pam w/ Flour or the other brand's out there. I used to always use Baker's Joy in my fluted pan, now it's so incredibly seasoned that I don't use it anymore. But I always tell my customers to use BJ - it works better than ANYTHING else!!!:thumbup:

I have had a lot of success with my fluted pan at shows. I first use the kitchen spritzer w/canola oil, then use my silicone basting brush to get all the nooks..I explain to the guests that this is the only real time I spritz my stone (because I microwave the cake) after done cooking in the micro, I always let it stand 10-15 minutes then invert it onto a plate!!! I sell about 4 stones every time...I also end up selling the spritzer and basting brush too.

I agree, Baker's Joy! The name says it all!

baker's joy everytime I make something in it

I use bakers joy too and haven't had a problem. Mine is still pretty new and not well seasoned and I only had a problem 1 time when I didn't coat it thick enough.

One other thing I usually do with my cakes is stick either the orange peeler, knife or the skinny end of the scraper around the edge to loosen it.

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions. I've passed them on to my customer. Baker's Joy, hm? I haven't heard of it. I'm going to look for it. Now with all your great ideas, I really want the fluted pan. Another thing to add to my "wish list!"

Thanks again! You guys are the greatest...

Deb

Does Baker's Joy have propellant like Pam?

I just oil my pan really well with canola oil and the silicone basting brush...never had a problem

I'm sorry to de-bunk the whole group, but I never put anything in my pan when I make a micro cake and it always comes out perfect. I do let it sit for 10 minutes or so. Then invert on a platter.

So I am glad that I have tips to give customers if they call me. Thank you for that.

Don't you just love that?? I have no idea to the answer to the bakers joy question - BUT - I sell a TON of spritzers because of the propellant!! Nearly every guest at my shows buys one - (I try to tell them they need 2 - one for ollive oil and one for veg/canola ) LOVE IT

I have used the mixture of equal parts oil, shortening and flour (I think) and it's called PanEez. Brush your fluted pan well and proceed with your cake. Voila, no sticking. I just keep the mixture in my cupboard. I like the BJoy solution too, but it probably has propellants.
Deb

zmom58 said:
I have used the mixture of equal parts oil, shortening and flour (I think) and it's called PanEez. Brush your fluted pan well and proceed with your cake. Voila, no sticking. I just keep the mixture in my cupboard. I like the BJoy solution too, but it probably has propellants.
Deb

I love this "stoneware paste" for my fluted stone. :)

I also use the bakers joy, and I also use the basting brush to get it evenly all over the stone. I haven't had a problem with the sticking, unless I let it sit for too long.

I have the fluted stone and use it ALL THE TIME! It was a bit tricky to break in. It didn't really get well seasoned until I used it for things like chicken. I will bake a whole chicken in there... you sortof have to "violate" the chicken, but if you cook that two or three times I think you will find the fluted stone to have gained more of that non-stick surface everyone loves about the stones!

I never had to super-grease or oil it... just cook something good and juicy in there a few times! Between the chicken and the micro-cakes mine was seasoned in less than a month!
:D

1. What is the best way to clean the Stoneware Fluted Pan?

The Stoneware Fluted Pan is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing with warm water and mild soap to extend its lifespan. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners which can damage the pan's surface.

2. Can the Stoneware Fluted Pan be used in the microwave?

Yes, the Stoneware Fluted Pan is safe for use in the microwave. However, make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for your microwave and do not use the pan to broil or cook on stovetops.

3. How do I prevent food from sticking to the pan?

To prevent food from sticking, it is important to properly season your Stoneware Fluted Pan before use. This can be done by lightly coating the surface with oil and baking it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. Additionally, make sure to use non-metal utensils and allow the pan to cool before cleaning.

4. Can the Stoneware Fluted Pan be used for both sweet and savory dishes?

Yes, the Stoneware Fluted Pan is versatile and can be used for both sweet and savory dishes. It is great for baking cakes, quiches, and roasting vegetables. Just make sure to properly clean and season the pan between uses to avoid any flavors transferring between dishes.

5. Is the Stoneware Fluted Pan safe for use in the oven?

Yes, the Stoneware Fluted Pan is oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. However, make sure to avoid sudden temperature changes which can cause the pan to crack. Let the pan cool before transferring it from the oven to a wet surface or exposing it to cold air.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Beckycooks
  • loreo
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • emo812