• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Recipes Can You Make in a Stoneware Bread Crock?

Olive oil for greasingCrock Summary: In summary, the Stoneware Bread Crock is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used to make a variety of bread recipes. These include Artisan Bread, No-Knead Irish Soda Bread, and Cinnamon Raisin Pull-Apart Bread. With its ability to heat evenly and retain moisture, the crock is perfect for baking delicious and crusty loaves of bread. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced baker, the stoneware bread crock is a must-have for any kitchen.
Trish in Texas
Gold Member
Does anyone have recipes to use in the old Stoneware Bread Crock? I have a lady who has one that would like to know what she can do with it.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Anyone have more than these???

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Attachments

• Stoneware Crock Recipes.doc
    52.5 KB · Views: 675
1. Artisan BreadIngredients:- 3 cups all-purpose flour- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast- 1 1/2 cups warm water- Olive oil for greasingInstructions:1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and yeast.2. Slowly pour in the warm water and mix until a shaggy dough forms.3. Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let it rise for 8-12 hours.4. Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C) and place your stoneware bread crock in the oven to heat up.5. Once the dough has risen, lightly grease the bread crock with olive oil.6. Shape the dough into a round loaf and place it in the bread crock.7. Cover the crock with its lid and bake for 30 minutes.8. Remove the lid and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden brown.9. Let the bread cool before slicing and serving.2. No-Knead Irish Soda BreadIngredients:- 3 cups all-purpose flour- 1 teaspoon salt- 1 teaspoon baking soda- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)- Olive oil for greasingInstructions:1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda.2. Slowly pour in the buttermilk and mix until a sticky dough forms.3. If using raisins, gently fold them into the dough.4. Grease your stoneware bread crock with olive oil and place the dough in it.5. Use a knife to make an "X" on the top of the dough.6. Cover the crock with its lid and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 45 minutes.7. Remove the lid and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden brown.8. Let the bread cool before slicing and serving.3. Cinnamon Raisin Pull-Apart BreadIngredients:- 3 cups all-purpose flour- 1/4 cup granulated sugar- 1 teaspoon salt- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast- 1/2 cup milk-

What is a Stoneware Bread Crock?

A Stoneware Bread Crock is a special type of ceramic baking dish designed specifically for making bread. It has a lid and a deep, cylindrical shape that helps create the perfect environment for baking bread.

Can I use a Stoneware Bread Crock for other types of baking?

Yes, you can use a Stoneware Bread Crock for other types of baking such as casseroles, cakes, and even roasting meats. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and follow the recipe instructions.

Do I need to season my Stoneware Bread Crock before using it?

No, you do not need to season your Stoneware Bread Crock. It is already coated with a special glaze that prevents food from sticking and makes it easy to clean.

Can I put my Stoneware Bread Crock in the dishwasher?

Yes, Stoneware Bread Crocks are dishwasher safe. However, some dishwashers may have high heat settings that can cause the stoneware to crack. It is best to check the manufacturer's instructions before putting it in the dishwasher.

How do I clean my Stoneware Bread Crock?

To clean your Stoneware Bread Crock, simply rinse it with warm water and scrub with a soft sponge or nylon brush. Avoid using harsh detergents or metal utensils, as they can damage the stoneware. You can also use baking soda and water to remove any stubborn residue.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SUZIEQCONSULTANT
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • vwpamperedchef