• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Saving a DCB Soaked in Soapy Water: Tips & Tricks

In summary, a customer had a mishap with her stoneware when her husband, trying to be helpful, soaked it in soapy water overnight. The customer was upset and asked for tips on how to remove the soap residue and restore her stoneware. Suggestions included using cheap crescent roll dough and baking soda paste to remove the soap, as well as seasoning the stoneware with shortening and salt. It was also mentioned that the soap residue may not be a problem since the stoneware was only used twice.
RaggedyAunt
Gold Member
Hey, Cheffers.

I had quite an entertaining CCC this evening. A customer has only used her DCB twice, the second time was last night. She said she cleaned up the kitchen and left a note for her hubby that once he took his serving out of the DCB to just put the lid on and put it in the fridge. Well, lo and behold, he thought he would be "helpful" (ahem!) and transferred the leftovers to a bowl and THEN filled the DCB with soapy water and let it soak overnight. She about crapped! The funny part was she said, "Tammy, there has been a 9x13 pan in the fridge for a WEEK with one piece of lasagna left in it that he couldn't be bothered with to put in a bowl and soak the pan. But, he had to do this to my stoneware, AFTER I told him to leave my stoneware alone!" She went on to say she MADE him give her $65 in cash in case she had to buy a new one!!! lol :D

So, I told her I'd do some checking and see if I could get some hints and tips on the best way to try to remedy this w/o the necessity of either exchanging it (she just bought it in Dec) or buying a new one! She said he poured dish soap directly in the bottom part and filled it to the top. Are there any tips for pulling out the oils and fragrance? I assume since she has only used it twice, it hasn't formed a good "shell" and probably absorbed quite a bit. What would any of you suggest?

TIA!!

Tammy

A common remedy is to completely cover the cooking surfaces with cheap crescent roll dough and bake it. Remove and repeat. Then season it with the shortening and salt recipe that's been posted on here (Kelly just reposted it today in a stoneware thread).

Doesn't baking soda paste take care of everything???
robyn

It might. Some people haven't had luck with it removing ALL of the soap residue. But it's worth a shot. Baking soda is cheap, after all.

The call actually started over a concern of her mother's lg round stone sticking, and I had seen the seasoning thread, so I told her about that. I will recommend the crescent roll idea and the baking powder paste. Thanks, gals.

RaggedyAunt said:
The call actually started over a concern of her mother's lg round stone sticking, and I had seen the seasoning thread, so I told her about that. I will recommend the crescent roll idea and the baking powder paste. Thanks, gals.
Baking SODA, not POWDER.
I'd hate for her to spend the time using the wrong thing. (That's something I would do.)

D'oh! Meant "soda" but typed "paste"! It's getting late...

I figured that's what you did, but better safe than sorry, right?

LOL--typed the wrong word in my last post, too (put "paste" instead of "powder")! Lawsy! I guess I'm thinking faster than typing, or something like that! Maybe that means it's time to get up from the computer for the night...

Since she only used it two times my guess is she won't have a soap residue. The soap would stick to the seasoning. I would definitely use baking soda first the bake the crescent roll and try eating it. If it doesn't taste like soap she is okay.

1. How can I save a DCB that has been soaked in soapy water?

To save a DCB (Deep Covered Baker) that has been soaked in soapy water, first make sure to thoroughly rinse off the soap with hot water. Then, place the DCB in the oven and heat it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes. This will help to remove any remaining soap residue and dry out the DCB.

2. Is it safe to use a DCB that has been soaked in soapy water?

Yes, it is safe to use a DCB that has been soaked in soapy water as long as it has been properly rinsed and heated in the oven to remove any soap residue. It is important to make sure the DCB is completely dry before using it to avoid any potential food contamination.

3. Can I use any type of soap to clean my DCB?

No, it is recommended to use a mild dish soap or a designated DCB cleaner to clean your DCB. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the non-stick coating on the DCB.

4. How often should I clean my DCB?

It is recommended to clean your DCB after each use to maintain its quality and prolong its lifespan. However, if you are using your DCB for multiple dishes in one cooking session, it is okay to wait and clean it after you are finished using it.

5. Can I put my DCB in the dishwasher?

No, it is not recommended to put your DCB in the dishwasher as the harsh chemicals and high heat can damage the non-stick coating and cause it to lose its effectiveness. It is best to hand wash your DCB with mild soap and hot water.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• teeanne77
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Curlyone
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • etteluap70PC