• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stones in Self-Cleaning Oven on Clean Cycle

In summary, when using stone products in a self-cleaning oven, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions, preheat the stone, remove excess food or oils before using the clean cycle, and avoid placing the stone directly on the heating element. It is not recommended to use cleaning agents during the clean cycle and the frequency of cleaning will depend on usage. Stone products can still be used in a self-cleaning oven if previously seasoned with oil, but excess oil should be wiped off before cleaning to prevent unpleasant odors.
identhobo
Hello, my mom inadvertently left two stones in the oven and ran the self-cleaning cycle. Are they ruined?

The self-clean cycle is only intense prolonged heat, so as long as they didn't break they should be fine.

Not sure but if you call the Home Office they may be able to tell you. Sounds like they would be ok.

No, but they were subject to dripping whatever from above - this can discolor spots on them.

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about your mom's oven mishap. It's possible that the stones may have been damaged by the high heat of the self-cleaning cycle, but it really depends on the type of stones and their quality. If they are natural stones such as granite or marble, they may have cracked or discolored from the extreme temperature. However, if they are heat-resistant stones specifically designed for cooking, they may have withstood the self-cleaning cycle without any issues. I would recommend checking the stones for any visible damage, such as cracks or discoloration, and also testing them out by using them in the oven to see if they still function properly. If there are any concerns, it's always best to err on the side of caution and replace the stones. In the future, it's important to always remove any cookware or accessories from the oven before running the self-cleaning cycle to prevent any potential damage. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions. Best regards,

Pampered Chef Consultant

What are the best practices for using stone products in a self-cleaning oven on the clean cycle?

The first and most important thing to remember when using stone products in a self-cleaning oven is to always follow the manufacturer's instructions. In general, it is recommended to preheat the stone in the oven before placing any food on it. When using the clean cycle, be sure to remove any excess food or oils from the stone to prevent smoke or unpleasant odors. Additionally, it is important to avoid placing the stone directly on the oven's heating element, as this can cause the stone to crack or break.

Can I use soap or other cleaning agents on my stone products during the self-cleaning cycle?

No, it is not recommended to use any cleaning agents on your stone products during the self-cleaning cycle. The high heat of the clean cycle can cause any residue from cleaning agents to burn and create unpleasant odors. It is best to simply wipe down the stone with a damp cloth after the clean cycle is finished.

Is it safe to use my stone products in a self-cleaning oven on the clean cycle?

Yes, it is generally safe to use stone products in a self-cleaning oven on the clean cycle. However, it is important to always follow the manufacturer's instructions and avoid placing the stone directly on the oven's heating element. It is also recommended to monitor the stone closely during the clean cycle to ensure it is not cracking or breaking.

How often should I clean my stone products in a self-cleaning oven?

The frequency of cleaning your stone products in a self-cleaning oven will depend on how often you use them and how dirty they get. Generally, it is recommended to clean them after every few uses or when they become visibly dirty. Be sure to always remove any excess food or oils before placing the stone in the oven for cleaning.

Can I use my stone products in a self-cleaning oven if they have already been seasoned with oil?

Yes, you can still use your stone products in a self-cleaning oven even if they have been previously seasoned with oil. However, it is recommended to wipe off any excess oil before placing the stone in the oven for cleaning. This will prevent the oil from burning and creating unpleasant odors during the clean cycle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ericadboone
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • HeatherB
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
kam
  • its_me_susan