• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookies Made with Stoneware: When Would You Need a Metal Sheet?

In summary, people can use metal or stoneware for different reasons. Metal is sturdy and can go in the dishwasher, but some people don't like that. Stoneware is lighter and can be used for delicate foods.
RaniaTreadwell
Gold Member
Kinda a dumb question on my part. I made cookies for the first time on my new Lg bar pan stoneware. WOW!! Im wondering, when would be a time you would want a metal cookie sheet vs stoneware? would there be such a time? I am extreamly impressed with stoneware (i was before anyway), but now i can't get enough.

Some people prefer the metal for a few reasons. First, it isn't as heavy as stoneware. Older people or people who have difficulty lifting the stoneware might prefer the metal bakeware because it's sturdy and cooks evenly, but isn't as heavy as stoneware. Second, it can go in the dishwasher even though it is recommended to be handwashed. Some people don't like the fact that they can't wash stoneware with soap. Third, it's less expensive than stoneware.Personally, I love stoneware and use it for pretty much everything. I do use the metal when cooking dense frozen items that can't be done on stoneware as per the Use and Care. If I'm going to cook a frozen meal, maybe a lasagna, and I want to put something under it to catch anything that spills, I will use my metal pans. I love the PC metal pans because they don't warp and pop when they get hot -- they keep their shape.I always tell people the wonderful benefits of cooking with stoneware, but I also like that we have another line for those who don't like stoneware for whatever reason.Hope that helps.Shari in TX

also, metal can go under a broiler, don't do that with a stone (one of the many ways I've broken stones over the years...)

Jane - Thanks for pointing that out about the broiler. I just got a new stove. I have never broiled before and didn't know if i could use stone or not. Glad you said that!Shari - Thank you for the pointers! I never thought about how heavy stoneware is and some wouldn't be able to get it out of the oven. All your reasons make sense! Thank you so much!

Yes- I'm glad we sell both. I always will be a stoneware gal- but some will never be. And now we can satisfy both markets.

There is also one other thing. I have a customer who loves it when I do some baking with our stoneware but she can NOT stand to touch it. I really gives her the willies! She bought all the metal stuff since it has come out.

I love both the stoneware and our metal sheet pans. I bake with the metal sheet pans or cookie sheets because I usually have two pans in the oven at the same time. While they are baking, I am setting up the next two pans to go in so I don't have to wait for the original pans to cool off. And around Christmas, I have a double oven so I'll have 4 pans cooking at the same time, with more waiting to go in. Can't do that with stoneware and my kitchen can only store so much!

Some people because of carpel tunnel, weakness, or arthritis can't use our bigger stones.

I understand the "willies" part, John! I don't care for our unglazed stoneware because of that reason...lol...although I do use it....i just don't touch it if I don't have to...hahaahaha

1. When should I use a metal sheet when making cookies with stoneware?

A metal sheet can be helpful when making cookies with stoneware in a few different situations. One common scenario is when you want to achieve a crispier texture on your cookies. The metal sheet will absorb and distribute the heat more evenly, resulting in a crispier cookie. Another reason to use a metal sheet is if your stoneware is not seasoned properly and you want to prevent sticking. The metal sheet will act as a barrier between the stoneware and the cookies, preventing them from sticking.

2. Do I need a metal sheet if I already have stoneware baking sheets?

No, if you already have stoneware baking sheets, you do not necessarily need a metal sheet. Stoneware is naturally non-stick when properly seasoned, so a metal sheet may not be necessary. However, if you want to achieve a crispier texture on your cookies, a metal sheet can be helpful.

3. Can I use any type of metal sheet for baking cookies with stoneware?

Yes, you can use any type of metal sheet for baking cookies with stoneware. However, it is important to make sure that the metal sheet is oven-safe and can withstand high temperatures. Stainless steel, aluminum, and non-stick metal sheets are all good options for baking cookies with stoneware.

4. How do I care for my metal sheet when using it with stoneware?

To care for your metal sheet when using it with stoneware, it is important to clean it thoroughly after each use. Use hot water, mild dish soap, and a non-abrasive sponge to clean any residue off the metal sheet. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as this can damage the metal sheet. Make sure to dry the metal sheet completely before storing it.

5. Can I use a metal sheet with stoneware for other types of baked goods?

Yes, you can use a metal sheet with stoneware for other types of baked goods besides cookies. The metal sheet can be helpful for achieving a crispier texture or preventing sticking for items like pizza, pastries, and bread. Just make sure to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly for different types of baked goods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • pamperedinvegas