• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find Sales Tax Rates for Any State

When placing an order there is a button that says 'Special Tax'.You click that to change the tax rate.
TwinGirlsMom
What is the name of that website where one can find the sales tax for any given state? I tried a search but couldn't come up with anything.

ALSO, the ship-to address is the sales tax we use, correct?
For example, if I have a catalog show in Georgia and Louisiana people place an order with that show, I use the Georgia tax?

TwinGirlsMom said:
What is the name of that website where one can find the sales tax for any given state? I tried a search but couldn't come up with anything.

ALSO, the ship-to address is the sales tax we use, correct?
For example, if I have a catalog show in Georgia and Louisiana people place an order with that show, I use the Georgia tax?
You can get the tax info on CC.

The tax is charged according to where the order is shipped so in the example above you would charge Louisiana tax to those that have the order direct shipped but all of the orders that are shipped to the host in Georgia would be charged Georgia tax.

Thank you, Beth, I didn't even think to look on CC. :rolleyes:

BethCooks4U said:
The tax is charged according to where the order is shipped so in the example above you would charge Louisiana tax to those that have the order direct shipped but all of the orders that are shipped to the host in Georgia would be charged Georgia tax.

OK, how do I then change the tax rate on special shipping?
I have an Oklahoma show, but one customer in that show is having hers direct-shipped to MS. I don't see how I can change the tax rate for one customer that is different from the rest of the show.

This is weird... I know that sales tax is based on where the products are shipped and currently I am doing a catalog show for a girl in Arizona. She has 6 online orders and I guess in AZ, different cities have different tax rates so the online orders have 4-5 different tax rates. P3 has me enter in individual tax rates for each one manually, even though I have the host already in there. Weird. Never had that happen before.

OK, I figured it out.
When placing an order there is a button that says 'Special Tax'.
You click that to change the tax rate.

Colleen, pampered partner doesn't give me the heads up. It would have just charged the OK tax had I not known to change it.

P3 won't automatically look up tax rates for zip codes that are more than 100 miles from your address. You still need to look those up on CC and put them in manually.

TwinGirlsMom said:
OK, I figured it out.
When placing an order there is a button that says 'Special Tax'.
You click that to change the tax rate.

Colleen, pampered partner doesn't give me the heads up. It would have just charged the OK tax had I not known to change it.

It wasn't on PP or P3 that the tax rates were different... it was on orders placed on my website for a show. I still have to enter them manually but I thought it was weird that they were different.

chefann said:
P3 won't automatically look up tax rates for zip codes that are more than 100 miles from your address. You still need to look those up on CC and put them in manually.

Thanks for clarifying this! I had a direct Ship and it would not pull the tax rate. Couldn't figure out why. Now I know!

What is "Find Sales Tax Rates for Any State"?

"Find Sales Tax Rates for Any State" is an online tool that allows users to easily search and find the sales tax rate for any state in the United States. It provides accurate and up-to-date information for all 50 states.

Is "Find Sales Tax Rates for Any State" free to use?

Yes, "Find Sales Tax Rates for Any State" is completely free to use. There are no hidden fees or subscriptions required to access the information.

How do I use "Find Sales Tax Rates for Any State"?

To use "Find Sales Tax Rates for Any State", simply enter the state you are interested in finding the sales tax rate for in the search bar. You will then be provided with the current sales tax rate for that state, as well as any additional information such as local tax rates or exemptions.

Is the information provided by "Find Sales Tax Rates for Any State" accurate?

Yes, the information provided by "Find Sales Tax Rates for Any State" is accurate and regularly updated. However, it is always recommended to double check with official state websites for the most current and accurate sales tax information.

Can "Find Sales Tax Rates for Any State" be used for business purposes?

Yes, "Find Sales Tax Rates for Any State" can be used for both personal and business purposes. It is a useful tool for individuals and businesses who need to calculate sales tax rates for purchases or sales in different states.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Tracy99