• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Stackable Cooling Racks be Used in the Oven?

In summary, the guest uses a SCR in the oven and is concerned about it melting. There are different types of SCRs with different features and use, so it's not clear if this particular model is meant for the oven.
Ish
Gold Member
Hi All,
I was finishing up a show and one of the guests mentioned that she uses our SCR in the oven...

have any of you heard of this? My SCR has rubber feet and plastic covers on the joints... I would think that it would melt...:confused:
Any help you could give me on this would be great...

Thanks

I wouldn't put it in the oven, it's not meant to go into the oven!

I would think not.

...And I just have to say your advatar is so cute!!

rennea said:
I wouldn't put it in the oven, it's not meant to go into the oven!

That is what I thought... but she insisted it would be fine since she has "done it for years"...
I let her know that it was not meant for the oven and that she was doing that "at her own risk" and that warranty might not be covered... oh well... we will see.

thanks for your input;)

The Use and Care Instructions say not to put in dishwasher or oven... I'm surprised it has not melted! Well you'll know if she calls to say it melted that it is not guaranteed!

vwpamperedchef said:
I would think not.

...And I just have to say your advatar is so cute!!

Thanks...it is my friends dog... he is about the size of your hand... one of those mini breeds...

The old ones did not have either joints or rubber feet. If she has been doing this for years, I bet she has the old ones that did not really stack. (I have some of both kinds.)​

What possible reason would she have to put it in the oven? I just can't see any use for it going in the oven? Just curious...

ChefPaulaB said:
What possible reason would she have to put it in the oven? I just can't see any use for it going in the oven? Just curious...

I recently bought an all-metal cooling rack because I needed one that was oven-safe. It has the same close grids that the PC ones have. The recipe that I use it on is for baked breaded chicken. I love it because the bottom of the chicken actually gets crisp (like the top), which never happened when I used cookie sheets (or stones).

I have a freind who uses hers in the oven. She puts meatballs on it so the grease can drip to pan underneath. But, do remove the rubber protectors on the feet :)

My mom has a rack that fits inside her 9x13 pans. She uses that for things that put off a lot of grease, so they don't sit in it while baking. ---But they are SS

LeslieSGI said:
The old ones did not have either joints or rubber feet. If she has been doing this for years, I bet she has the old ones that did not really stack. (I have some of both kinds.)​

I was just going to say that. :) I have a customer who does the same thing and she wanted to get a few more, but when she found out they were changed, she didn't want them.

1. What is the material of the Stackable Cooling Rack?

The Stackable Cooling Rack is made of durable, non-stick coated steel.

2. How many tiers does the Stackable Cooling Rack have?

The Stackable Cooling Rack has three tiers, allowing for maximum space for cooling multiple items at once.

3. Is the Stackable Cooling Rack dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Stackable Cooling Rack is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning and convenience.

4. Can the Stackable Cooling Rack be used for hot items as well?

Yes, the Stackable Cooling Rack can also be used as a trivet for hot dishes or pans straight from the oven.

5. How much weight can each tier of the Stackable Cooling Rack hold?

Each tier of the Stackable Cooling Rack can hold up to 10 pounds, making it sturdy enough for heavy items like casseroles or roasts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • ChefetteDuJour
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies