• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Inserting the GLA in an Older Springform Pan: Up or Down?

In summary, GLA is a Glassine Liner Alternative that can be used as a substitute for parchment paper in an older springform pan. It is important to insert it correctly with the shiny side down to prevent sticking and ensure easy removal of the cake. Regular parchment paper can also be used, but it should be greased before inserting it into the pan. The GLA does not need to be greased and is designed for single use only. It is recommended to use a new GLA every time for best results.
pattie agosto
could anyone tell me which way the gla $ gets inserted in the older spring form pan? Would it be pebble side upwards or downwards?

From the PC website, click on the use & care tab and this is what it says:To assemble with glass base: Place base on counter, textured side up. Release clamp on collar, position around base. Slowly close clamp; ensure base fits in collar groove.

What is a GLA and why is it important to insert it correctly in an older springform pan?

A GLA is a Glassine Liner Alternative, which is a non-stick baking paper that can be used as a substitute for traditional parchment paper. It is important to insert it correctly in an older springform pan to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan and to ensure easy removal of the cake.

Should I insert the GLA with the shiny side up or down?

The GLA should be inserted with the shiny side down. This will allow the cake to easily release from the pan without any sticking.

Can I use a regular parchment paper instead of a GLA?

Yes, you can use a regular parchment paper instead of a GLA. However, make sure to grease the parchment paper before inserting it into the pan to prevent sticking.

Do I need to grease the GLA before inserting it into the pan?

No, you do not need to grease the GLA before inserting it into the pan. The shiny side of the GLA acts as a non-stick surface.

Can I reuse the GLA?

No, the GLA is designed for single use only. It is recommended to use a new GLA every time you bake a cake in an older springform pan for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Anita
  • KellyTheChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies