• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How long will the Spicy Pineapple - Rum Sauce last in the fridge?

a fridge?This is strange but I was eating the leftovers on a picnic with my family and used a Snyders Multigrain Southwest Cheddar chip to dip when we ran out of crackers and it was AMAZING! Not sure why it was so good but you should try it! :)Also, anyone know how long it can last in...a fridge?
pampcheflisa
Gold Member
Just wanted to say that we tried this sauce over a block of cream cheese with crackers at our meeting last night and it was FANTABULOUS!!! I use the Raspberry Chipotle sauce a lot for a quick appetizer and I am going to start using this in place of the rasp-chipotle at my gatherings, then people will love it and have to buy it from me!! LOL!!!

I used it with cream cheese and crackers when I got it...not too bad...I think I prefer it as a sauce to dip pretzels in......and after refrigeration, I have to say I like it warmed up more.

I too poured the Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce over cream cheese with crackes at a show on Saturday and I have at least 5 ladies who want a bottle of it. It WAS awesome. Thanks PC! This will be an easy seller.

I am not sure. I have them on my desk at work and now about 15 people almost dropped the bottle when I mentioned they are $12! Tastefully Simples are only $8.99 for 12 ounces. So...

pampered1224 said:
I am not sure. I have them on my desk at work and now about 15 people almost dropped the bottle when I mentioned they are $12! Tastefully Simples are only $8.99 for 12 ounces. So...

You are right in the heart of TS country. There are a LOT of people here who have never even heard of TS. I know of it well, b/c my good friend sells it, but most people don't even know what it is.
I was wondering about the price though. I still think in my circle that it will sell pretty well.
It's interesting though to see how some things do well/poor regionally. I find it fascinating!!!

YUM, thanks for the info! I just ran out of my TS chipotle sauce... now I can use the spicey pineapple sauce instead! :)

I used this sauce on stuffed pork chops the other night and it was DELICIOUS!

we are having friends over Sunday and that is a good idea for an appetizer, thanks :) yum yum

How much did u put over one block of cream cheese?

jrstephens said:

good question, I was coming back tp ask that :)

jrstephens said:

just enough to cover the top of the cream cheese, it will start to flow over the sides, but once you start eating on it, people will use all the sauce on the side anyways. We almost needed to "refill" the sauce, b/c the end of the cream cheese barely had any sauce on it.

I tried a little on ice cream. Yum! The spicy with sweet was great.As for the cost, I think it will last a long time. Still, it's a sometimes treat, not a daily indulgence.

For a party you could use only half a block of cream cheese (to offer samples). That will help your bottle stretch and make everyone hungry for more!! I think this is good!! I hadn't checked the price til the other thread started.

I think it will be one of those add on things. "Did you know you are only $12 away from that FREE gift? Why not add on the Pineapple sauce? Wouldn't it be good on grilled chicken?"

I heard someone used the Pineapple Rum sauce with meatballs. I wanted to try that. Does anyone have a good meatball recipe? And, if you have an idea of a sauce to mix up with the Pineapple Rum sauce I'd love that too. Thanks.

I served it and the other sauce at my meeting with wheat thins. It's a way to use just a little and allow people a tasting. I plan to show it that way at my shows.

2 petite squares each filled with one of the sauces on a SA square plate with wheat thins. The crackers should last for 2-4 parties, depending on the size of the crowd.

When serving over Cream Cheese, did you microwave it to warm and soften the cream cheese?

chefdoreen said:
When serving over Cream Cheese, did you microwave it to warm and soften the cream cheese?

I was wondering the same.

I used the sauce as a dip for fried shrimp My husband and 10 yr old loved it!!!

I don't warm it...but let the cream cheese sit out so it's "softened" a little bit.

This is strange but I was eating the leftovers on a picnic with my family and used a Snyders Multigrain Southwest Cheddar chip to dip when we ran out of crackers and it was AMAZING! Not sure why it was so good but you should try it! :)

Also, anyone know how long it can last in the fridge?

jen5512 said:
Also, anyone know how long it can last in the fridge?

I would say as long as 6 months or more. But who will let that delicious sauce sit in the fridge for that long. I mean...really!!! ;) It is so fantastic!!! :D Mine have been used up within a couple weeks because we are always using it! We are going to try it as a final glaze on ham.

DessertDivaFL said:
I would say as long as 6 months or more. But who will let that delicious sauce sit in the fridge for that long. I mean...really!!! ;) It is so fantastic!!! :D Mine have been used up within a couple weeks because we are always using it! We are going to try it as a final glaze on ham.

Mmmmm! I bet that will be delish!

I used it as a spread on some Turkey Wraps we made, and it was really good that way too!

Like you, I can't imagine letting it sit in the fridge...I'm more afraid of running out!

1. What ingredients are in the Spicy Pineapple - Rum Sauce?

The Spicy Pineapple - Rum Sauce is made with fresh pineapple, brown sugar, rum, red pepper flakes, and a touch of lime juice. It is the perfect balance of sweet and spicy flavor.

2. Can I use this sauce for grilling or just as a dipping sauce?

This versatile sauce can be used in a variety of ways. It is great as a glaze for grilling chicken, pork, or shrimp. It also makes a delicious dipping sauce for vegetables, spring rolls, or even as a topping for ice cream.

3. Is this sauce gluten-free?

Yes, the Spicy Pineapple - Rum Sauce is gluten-free. We understand the importance of dietary restrictions and have made sure this sauce is safe for those with gluten allergies or sensitivities.

4. How long does this sauce stay fresh?

The shelf life of the Spicy Pineapple - Rum Sauce is 12 months if stored in a cool, dry place. Once opened, it should be refrigerated and used within 2-3 weeks for maximum freshness and flavor.

5. Can I adjust the level of spiciness in this sauce?

Absolutely! The amount of red pepper flakes used in this sauce can be adjusted to your personal preference. You can add more for a spicier kick or reduce the amount for a milder flavor. It's all up to you!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JAE
  • ChefetteDuJour
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies