• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Snowman Cake From New Holiday Cookbook

Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in marshmallow crème and water until light and fluffy.3. Trim tops of cakes flat if necessary. Place largest cake on serving platter, spreading a thin layer of frosting on top. Top with medium cake, spreading a thin layer of frosting on top. Repeat with smallest cake. Insert skewers through center of cakes to secure them together. Frost entire cake with remaining frosting.4. Decorate with candy decorations to create a snowman’s face and buttons. Add hat on top. Serve and enjoy!In summary, the conversation revolved around a delicious Snowman Cake from the new Holiday Cookbook. Tips were shared on how
Sherry Leigh
I know it's a little early, but my host for next week would like the Snowman Cake from the new Holiday Cookbook.
Has anyone made this yet?
Any tips would be appreciated!!! TIA

Yes, and it is so cute!! I'd bake the cakes for her the night before if possible, that way they can be cooled and ready to go. Just take the three bowls with you to show what you made the cakes in. The frosting is yummy, and doesn't dry out or get hard. My DH and I made the Snowman Cake together a few weeks ago for my Open House, and it turned out just fine. Good luck with yours. I'm sure it will be a fun show!!

How do you cut the cake?

With a snow shovel? Ok, kick me now Linda!!!

This sounds delicious. I have tried the raspberry chocolate wafer things and they are yummy-licious! Will be looking for more threads on these. Customers are buying that cookbook especially when they see the chocolate mint thing!

I am making th chocolate cheesecake tyhis weekend cant wait to try it.\

I also cant wait to make the snowman cake. I have a church dinner on the 7th of Nov and I am going to sign up to take the dessert. Can you guess what I am taking??

Yes, I made this for our Fall Open House. Really easy - just do as it says... can't be simpler. The hat was a little tricky however. I suggest getting a chocolate covered cookie and dipping just the Marshmallow in the chocolate and setting in on that. Here's a snap of him before his arms, hat and scarf - waiting on some pics from a friend for the "completed guy". Which reminds me - veevah - where are the pics? Hee hee?

Attachments

• IMG_5372.jpg
    IMG_5372.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 460
muffetts said:
Yes, I made this for our Fall Open House. Really easy - just do as it says... can't be simpler. The hat was a little tricky however. I suggest getting a chocolate covered cookie and dipping just the Marshmallow in the chocolate and setting in on that. Here's a snap of him before his arms, hat and scarf - waiting on some pics from a friend for the "completed guy". Which reminds me - veevah - where are the pics? Hee hee?

Oh my gosh!!! That is the CUTEST cake EVER!!!!!! I would have to frame it... I LOVE snowmen!!!! (can you tell??) :D

At least he's a melting snowman- so perfect icing isn't an issue! My kids would love this cake. I love the idea for the hat too.

I LOVE it!! Would you please post the recipe? Please Please?

too cute, I have a host who wants the snowman cake b/c her friend saw it in her friends holiday cookbook. good idea making the cakes the night before. Her party is 12/6 so I have time to test it out at home :)
cute pics!!

That picture came out so great- it would be perfect for an event coming up at Church.....would someone please give the recipe? I promise I'll get the cookbook, but it won't get here in time....

I don't have the cookbook, but it looks like it's probably the Classic Batter Bowl cake on bottom, Small Batter Bowl in middle, and maybe a Prep Bowl cake on top. I would cut the bottoms to flatten and then cut some off of the top to sit next one on. Then use white icing, maybe a nice Buttercream. That's just my guess!! Maybe someone will post the recipe that comes from the cookbook.

Can any one send me the recpie for the snowman please?

As soon as hubby gets home with my car (which has my kit in the trunk) I can go out and get cookbook and type up the recipe.

Lisa

I got it form another PC chat board!Frosty Snowman CakeCakes:
1 pkg (18.25oz) yellow cake mix plus ingredients to make it
¼ cup all purpose flour
¼ c sugar
Nonstick cooking spray with flour
3 long wooden skewersFrosting:
2 cups vegetable shortening
1/8 tsp salt
2 cups powdered sugar
2 jars (7oz each) marshmallow crème
¼ cup water
Candy decorations and hat (see Chef’s Corner)1. Preheat oven to 325*F. For cakes, add flour and sugar to cake mix and prepare cake according to package directions. Spray Classic Batter Bowl, Small Batter Bowl and Prep Bowl with nonstick spray. Pour ½ cup batter into prep bowl, 1 ½ cup in to small batter bowl, and remaining batter into classic batter bowl. Place cakes in oven, positioning smallest cake in front. Bake smallest cake 20-30 min, medium cake 35-45 min, and largest cake 45-55 min or until tops of cakes spring back when gently pressed. Cool cakes in bowls for 5 minutes, invert onto cooling rack and remove bowls. Cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, for frosting, in stainless mixing bowl beat shortening and salt on high speed of electric hand mixer. Gradually add powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add marshmallow crème and water; beat 2 minutes or until smooth.
3. Using bread knife at a slight angle, trim bottom edges of two smaller cakes to form a more rounded shape. Spread a small amount of frosting on center of SA Large round platter; top with largest cake, centering cake. Spread top with a thin layer of frosting and top with smallest cake. Push three wooden skewers straight down in a triangular pattern into cakes, pressing through to bottom; carefully trim skewers using kitchen shears. Frost snowman using small spreader, creating a swirled pattern. Decorate as desired.Chef’s corner:
To make the hat, melt chocolate flavored almond bark according to package directions. Dip end of one large marshmallow into bark and place onto a chocolate wafer cookie. Dip cookie and marshmallow into bark, place onto parchment paper and let stand until set.Frosting can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored at room temperature.

Last edited:
I am making this cake today as a trial for a show on Sunday. The hat is a bit tricky. I do like the idea of using a chocolate graham cracker and just dipping the marshmallow in the chocolate bark stuff. I got some M&Ms and some Hershey Kissables for the decorations and will try fruit by the foot for his scarf. I don't know about the broom.... any ideas how to keep the licorice strings attached to the pretzel?

If my show would EVER turn all the orders in, I am getting this cookbook!!!!

1. How difficult is it to make the Snowman Cake from the New Holiday Cookbook?

Making the Snowman Cake may seem intimidating at first, but with the step-by-step instructions and helpful tips in the New Holiday Cookbook, it is actually quite easy to make.

2. What ingredients do I need to make the Snowman Cake?

The Snowman Cake recipe calls for all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, butter, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, buttermilk, and white chocolate chips. You will also need powdered sugar, cream cheese, and food coloring for the frosting.

3. Can I make the Snowman Cake in advance?

Yes, the Snowman Cake can be made in advance. You can bake the cake layers and store them in an airtight container for up to three days. You can also make the frosting ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for up to two days. Assemble the cake and decorate it on the day you plan to serve it.

4. Can I use a different type of frosting for the Snowman Cake?

While the recipe in the New Holiday Cookbook calls for cream cheese frosting, you can certainly use a different type of frosting if desired. Just make sure it is thick enough to hold the shape of the snowman and is white in color.

5. What are some tips for decorating the Snowman Cake?

To decorate the Snowman Cake, you can use candy or fruit to create the snowman's features and accessories. Some popular options include candy canes for arms, chocolate chips for buttons, and a carrot for the nose. You can also use food coloring to dye the frosting for a more colorful snowman. Get creative and have fun with it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • ericadboone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jen72467
Replies