Smoky Barbecue Rub

Discussion in 'Customer Care & Service' started by Schneppers, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schneppers

Schneppers

At my show this morning two women were absolutely raving over some BBQ rub that Pampered Chef retired several years ago. They wondered if the Smoky Barbecue Rub is the same thing. I really have no idea, I haven't been selling that long. Does anyone know if its a totally new product or the same thing?

2. c00p

c00p Gold Member

No, it's not the same. The other one came in the "standard" size, but didn't have the smoky taste to it - and it wasn't as sweet in my opinion. The other one was more savory and a little zesty. I do love the new Smoky rub though - just used it on brisket this past Sunday and it was awesome!!

3. chefann

chefann Gold Member

The old one was a seasoning, not a rub. So not only was the flavor different, it had less salt in it. It made a great dip for pretzels!

4. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Gold Member

I have an open bottle of the seasoning we never use. We use the rub a lot.

I'd suggest they spend the $4 and give it a try OR better yet, have them book a show and use it in the demo - the ribs recipe is a WOW demo and showcases the rub.

5. heat123

heat123 Silver Member

Some past hosts of mine did a "spice it up show" all spices were used on chicken wings and the :chef:BBQ rub was in my opionion the YUMMIEST!

6. aPamperedBride

aPamperedBride Gold Member

I've had others rave about the old version too, but everyone who's tried the new one (I usually do the BBQ Pork Sandwiches instead of the ribs since pork tenderloin is cheaper) loves it.

7. Schneppers

Schneppers

Thank you all so much. They actually did buy some, and so did nearly everyone else.:) So I am hoping they like it just as much as the old one. I love when customers sell the product to others.

8. colegrovet

colegrovet Gold Member

the rub also makes a great bbq sauce... :)