Smiley Face Cookie Recipe

Discussion in 'Recipes and Tips' started by 1PamperedMommy, Feb 12, 2011.

1. 1PamperedMommy

1PamperedMommy Gold Member

I have a big request...I LOVE the Eat 'n Park Smiley Face Cookies, but have never been able to duplicate the icing or cookie recipe. I promised my daughter we could make heart cookies for her Valentine's Day party on Monday and I would LOVE to have them taste like theirs :) Do any of my CS friends have a fantastic recipe to share? Comment whether you have the recipe for the cookie or the icing or both :) Thank you so much!!

2. Curlyone

Curlyone Gold Member

Found this on Google: Don't know if it right or not.

~Connie

They have another name: SUGAR COOKIES.

11/2 cups sugar

1 cup shortening (they use butter-flavored)

2 eggs

5 cups flour, divided

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 teaspoons baking powder

1 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar, shortening and eggs. Add 1 cup flour, soda, salt and baking powder. Combine milk and vanilla. Add to creamed mixture alternately with remaining 4 cups flour. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Roll onto lightly floured surface 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges just begin to turn light golden brown.

ICING

1 cup powdered sugar

2 teaspoons milk

2 teaspoons light corn syrup

1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Food coloring

Stir the powdered sugar and the milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and vanilla until icing is smooth and glossy.

If it is too thick, add more corn syrup. Divide the icing into separate bowls and stir in the food coloring as desired. You can dip the cookies, paint them with a paintbrush or spread with knife.
    Source(s):
    Google