• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Skillet Cake With Yellow or White Cake Mix??

In summary, this skillet cake recipe allows for customization and can be made with either yellow or white cake mix. It is recommended to use a 10-inch cast iron skillet for a thick and evenly cooked cake. Additional ingredients such as fruits, nuts, or chocolate chips can be added to the mix. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or when the edges start to pull away from the skillet. It can be made ahead of time and stored for up to 3 days, and can be reheated for a warm treat.
SusanBP0129
Anyone do this?
I suppose I could just try it....how bad could it be, right?

I've used them - but only when I was making Pineapple Upside Down Cake, or Harvest Apple Skillet Cake.

Don't know why it wouldn't work - the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake is just a chocolate cake mix.

I don't see why it wouldn't work. You could add some butter w/caramel or cinnamon sprinkles to pan 1st to make a glaze when it is done.

Thanks guys!!
I'll give it a try!

Harvest Apple Skillet CakeDoes anyone have the recipe? or what cookbook it is in?

Thanks!

kncmurray said:
Does anyone have the recipe? or what cookbook it is in?

Thanks!

Here you go!

Attachments

• Harvest Apple Skillet Cake.doc
    72 KB · Views: 358
Thanks Becky! I didn't have that one saved!

1. Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use either a yellow or white cake mix for this skillet cake. However, we recommend using a cake mix specifically made for skillet cakes, as they tend to have a denser texture which holds up better in the skillet.

2. What size skillet should I use for this recipe?

We recommend using a 10-inch cast iron skillet for this recipe. This size is perfect for creating a nice, thick cake that will cook evenly.

3. Can I add any additional ingredients to the cake mix?

Absolutely! This recipe is very versatile and allows for customization. You can add in your favorite fruits, nuts, or chocolate chips to the cake mix before cooking. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. How do I know when the cake is done cooking?

You can test the doneness of the cake by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. Another indicator is when the edges of the cake start to pull away from the skillet.

5. Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time and store it in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Just be sure to let it cool completely before storing. You can also reheat it in the skillet or microwave for a warm, delicious treat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
  • cochef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama