Single Serving Pan

Discussion in 'Products and Tips' started by Admin Greg, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Admin Greg

Admin Greg Staff Member

Please discuss the Single Serving Pan. Tips, complaints, praise, reviews, ideas, thoughts...

2. babywings76

babywings76 Gold Member

Curious to get this and try it out. Seems like a nice idea, but then I think why not just use the muffin stone. I know these wells are bigger, though, so I guess that's good. We need more recipe ideas. The 2 mentioned for this season do sound good, though, so I'm glad we have some things to try out.

3. esavvymom

esavvymom CS Leader Staff Member

Muffin stone wouldnt fit in a microwave though, and isnt that the idea for this ne? I am curious.

4. sushimommy

sushimommy Silver Member

fits in the microwave, evenly spaced - similar to using the prep bowl set like the lemon cakes, but all at once - i really like this and am glad it comes with its own release tool - my wheels are spinning about recipes for this one. ps - it is hefty!

5. Sheila

Sheila Gold Member

I still haven't seen the "release tool" ~ would love to see what that looks like.

6. KateInTheKitchen

KateInTheKitchen Gold Member

I didn't look closely, but it looked like similar material to the scraper, only sort of rounded-knife shaped. I'm hoping it'll be available separately through supply or replacements – I'm not planning on getting this stone, but would love the tool for the muffin pan.

7. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

Keeping an open mind on this one but it is so heavy in weight

8. chefmickey1

chefmickey1 Gold Member

From the video, the release tool looks just like a brown version of a white one I have that came with another product (maybe the springform pan?) and I use the white one all the time for getting muffins and cupcakes out of the pan as well as running around the edge of cakes, etc. before turning them out.

9. byrd1956

byrd1956 Gold Member

I got it an I'm really not wanting to even try it. So, for now it will stay in the box. Was hoping for the egg cooker....

10. pchockeymom

pchockeymom

I LOVE it! I got two of the them (ffa & director box). I made mashed potatoes, put them in bottom of wells, then made the South of the Border Meatloaf and put it on top. Baked in oven (both fit perfectly side by side) for about 20 minutes. Delish and fun! The release tool is fantastic. Much like the muffin pan, not so fun to clean, but once it seasons won't be a problem.

11. DebPC

DebPC CS Leader Staff Member

What other uses and recipes are you using this for?

12. MrsNetNut404

MrsNetNut404

Really excited about this piece!

At first I wasn't sure what to make of this piece. I thought the cherry cheesecakes that they had in the recipe collection was fun but other than that I couldn't come up with anything to use this piece for. But then once my imagination got going it wouldn't stop! I just used It for the first time to make mini crustless quiches. They turned out fabulous! Light and fluffy and flavorful! I plan to use this next month at my champagne brunch to make breakfast stata casseroles. I think this is going to be a lot of fun to use! Below is a photo of my mini quiches.

Attached Files:

13. babywings76

babywings76 Gold Member

Great idea! Would you mind sharing the recipe? :D

14. MrsNetNut404

MrsNetNut404

Recipe, sorta

I have to admit that I just improvised on this one. I had some left over bell pepper and onions that I threw into the manual food processor and diced up. Then I cooked that with some left over turkey sausage in my ceramic pan. While that was cooking I cracked 8 eggs into the small batter bowl and added a little bit of water and about a cup of half n half. You can use whatever you have on hand, milk/h&h/cream if you want. Whisked that together. I added a little salt & pepper. I preheated my oven to 350 degrees and prepped my single servings pan with a little bacon grease but you can use butter or oil or whatever. I divided the pepper, onion, & sausage mixture into each well of the SSP. I then poured as evenly as I could my egg mixture into each well. I grated some cheese and put it on each well and baked it in the oven. I didn't really pay attention to the time. I just kept an eye on them and made sure the egg was fully cooked but not OVER cooked. If I had to guess on the time I would say 10-15 minutes. But don't take that as gospel. Just a warning. They will puff up in the over, but they will deflate when they come out. They are still tasty. Maybe not as pretty, but still tasty.

Hope that helps.

Mrs Net

15. MrsNetNut404

MrsNetNut404

Here is a question posed to me by one of my hosts. What do you do if your host wants to make a recipe
    using the single servings pan but has more than 6 guests at her show? Do you make the recipe twice? Double it? The only problem is I didn't think to order more than one single servings pan. Silly me!

16. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Gold Member

You don't need two of the stones. Just cut each one in half. They can share - it's a tasting not a "meal".

17. DebPC

I agree with Beth. I usually present 2 different recipes- so there's enough to nosh on. Even if she has 15 (yay for you!) just cut them up and everyone can grab some.

18. DebPC

Popovers in the new Single Serve- great idea and perfect size.

popovers in single serving575021_279077372222580_2105834816_n.jpg

19. MrsNetNut404

MrsNetNut404

DebPC,

Glad to hear your popovers turned out great! They look delicious! That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the SSP as well.

20. Nancynap

Nancynap

Where did you get the recipe for the popovers? They look delicious!

21. cml57

cml57

I Love the popover idea....I have not used this piece yet as I had no idea what to do with it but popovers...yum....my popover pan had to be thrown out a couple of years ago....have not made them since....I am going to now....however the release tool that comes with this piece of stoneware I use all the time! I don't have the avacado tool and let me just say this release tool get the avacado out easily. I also use it with the mini muffing pan...

22. DebPC

Single Serve Stone Vegie Tray

Another use idea...

single serve stone vegie tray.jpg

23. esavvymom

esavvymom CS Leader Staff Member

I could have sworn that someone posted a recipe booklet with ideas for the Single-Serve pan. But it may have been in my imagination?? If not, where would I find it? I didn't see anything in the files....at least not with my search parameters.

24. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Gold Member

Please Deb! Share this recipe!!

25. DebPC

Sorry- I didn't make these. I would assume any popover recipe would work. Bet they are fluffier then in a metal pan.