• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking Brownies in a Silicone Floral Pan - Any Hints?

In summary, Has anyone ever made brownies in the slicone floral pan? I haven't used mine yet, so any helpful hints would be great.......I thought brownies might work, but don't know, so any help would be greatly appreciated! ;) Brownies work great, so do pancakes. Sunday's we have muffin-cakes as DH calls them, it won't be Sunday without them. Terrific! Thanks for the info...I'm definitely going to try them this weekend!
pcchris
Silver Member
:confused: Has anyone ever made brownies in the slicone floral pan? I haven't used mine yet, so any helpful hints would be great.......I thought brownies might work, but don't know, so any help would be greatly appreciated! ;)

Brownies work great, so do pancakes. Sunday's we have muffin-cakes as DH calls them, it won't be Sunday without them.

oooooo-that's a great idea!!! how long do you bake your "muffin-cakes", and at what temp? I'm for sure going to try that!!! never even would have thought about pancakes in there. I love this website! Everyone has suce great ideas!

I bake them 350c oven for between 15-17 minutes. I have used all different kinds of recipes, I love adding fresh berries. I just love them, I did them for company at Christmas and everyone couldn't believe how pretty they were. It's nice just to have one on the plate w/eggs, ham etc.

Oh and I forgot to add....make sure to add a splash of our vanilla to the recipe it will be a sure hit:)

Terrific! Thanks for the info...I'm definitely going to try them this weekend!

I love the pancake idea! I cannot wait to try this. My family loves pancakes, and I love the in the oven bar pans one's. They are so easy. These will be just as easy, but very pretty and elegant. Great idea for a brunch or brunch show.

Gotta love this site!

rennea said:
I bake them 350c oven for between 15-17 minutes. I have used all different kinds of recipes, I love adding fresh berries. I just love them, I did them for company at Christmas and everyone couldn't believe how pretty they were. It's nice just to have one on the plate w/eggs, ham etc.

MMMMM..... my mouth is watering!!!

You're making me hungry!!!!!!!!!!

Great Idea about the pancakes! I will have to try that! Thanks!:D

big huge shout out to how wonderful this site is!
pcchris said:
oooooo-that's a great idea!!! how long do you bake your "muffin-cakes", and at what temp? I'm for sure going to try that!!! never even would have thought about pancakes in there. I love this website! Everyone has suce great ideas!

I second that!! :D I can hardly wait to get my pan back from my cousin that I let borrow it!

Another one!I forgot to mention this Christmas I also made cranberry sauce and cooled it in the pan. It looked so cool when they came out. Even guests that don't like caneberry sauce wanted one. Kind of a cool idea I thought:p

I didn't fill them up all the way cause I thought the portions would be to big.

Also try jello works good too.

Here's the recipe I use:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 TBSP sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
12 small pats of butter

1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In seperate bowl combine egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Let set for apprx 5 minutes.

2. Fill silicone baking cups with batter using medium scoop and top each with a small pat of butter. (I didn't spray pan with non stick spray). Bake for 18 - 20 minutes at 425 degrees. Remove from oven and invert pan on cooling rack, remove pan from cakes. Serve warm with syrup.

These turn out soo good...the outside is a bit crunchy and the inside is moist and fluffy...my family loves them.

rennea said:
I forgot to mention this Christmas I also made cranberry sauce and cooled it in the pan. It looked so cool when they came out. Even guests that don't like caneberry sauce wanted one. Kind of a cool idea I thought:p

I didn't fill them up all the way cause I thought the portions would be to big.

Also try jello works good too.

How do you make cranberry sauce--often wondered--thanks.

pamperedharriet said:
How do you make cranberry sauce--often wondered--thanks.
It's right on the bag of cranberries.
1 cup sugar
1 cup water.
Put in saucepan, stir until sugar melts. Bring to a boil, add cranberries, return to a boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely then refrigerate.

Thanks, Beth. I'll have to buy a bag sometime and try it here.

LOL! We get them fresh from the bogs - no recipe on the bag here! ;)

Isn't it great to get fresh stuff from the farm stands and bogs!

1. How do I prevent the brownies from sticking to the pan?

The best way to prevent sticking is to lightly coat the pan with cooking spray or oil before adding the brownie batter. This will create a non-stick surface and make it easier to remove the brownies once they are baked.

2. Do I need to adjust the baking time when using a silicone pan?

Yes, silicone pans tend to conduct heat differently than traditional metal pans. It is recommended to reduce the baking time by 5-10 minutes when using a silicone pan. Check the brownies for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center, if it comes out clean, they are ready!

3. Can I use the silicone floral pan in the oven and microwave?

Yes, the silicone floral pan is safe to use in both the oven and microwave. Just be sure to follow the recommended temperature and time guidelines for baking.

4. Is it necessary to grease a silicone pan before using it?

While it is not necessary to grease a silicone pan, it is recommended to lightly coat it with cooking spray or oil to prevent sticking and make it easier to remove the brownies.

5. Can I put the silicone pan directly on the oven rack?

No, it is not recommended to put the silicone pan directly on the oven rack. It is best to place it on a baking sheet for stability and to prevent any spills or accidents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SusanBP0129
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
rennea
  • pctharper
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies