• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Silicone Bakeware Benefits Worth Considering?

R
RachelNguyen
Hi all, I know there is a thread on the new silicone muffin pan, but I am interested in hearing some of the benefits of silicone bakeware that will help me sell it at tomorrow's party. I am making the Caramel sticky cakes. I tested the recipe today and have to say, they are to die for.

Ok, so easy clean-up? Easy storage? Any other benefits? Why did silicone come on the scene in the first place?

Thanks for your comments!

Rachel

Well one benefit of ours vs. others is that it has the metal band so that it keeps shape and isn't flimsy like most...

I think silicone is just a "hot" material right now. (no pun intended)

Personally, I don't like silicone pans. They go completely against the concept of bakeware. Here's how.

Stoneware is great because it heats evenly, right? It conducts the heat into the food, baking it evenly. Silicone is an insulator - that's why the oven mitt and hot pad/trivet are made of it. If you bake in an insulator, none of the heat travels through the pan into the food. That means that the heat has to travel through the top of the food, through it to the bottom.

That said, it is easier to create something with an intricate design in a silicone pan than in stoneware. And the silicone is lighter and easier to pick up.

Sell one to everyone who complains that the stoneware is too heavy! :)

JMHO

1. What are the benefits of using silicone bakeware?

Silicone bakeware offers many benefits, including easy clean-up, easy storage, and its ability to withstand high temperatures.

2. How does silicone make clean-up easier?

Silicone is a non-stick material, meaning baked goods are less likely to stick to the pan, making clean-up a breeze.

3. What makes silicone bakeware easy to store?

Silicone is flexible and can be easily folded or rolled up, making it easy to store in small spaces. It is also lightweight, making it easy to move and store multiple pieces at once.

4. Are there any other benefits to using silicone bakeware?

In addition to being non-stick and easy to store, silicone bakeware is also durable and long-lasting. It is also microwave and dishwasher safe. Silicone is also a safe material to use, as it does not contain harmful chemicals like BPA.

5. Why has silicone become popular in bakeware?

Silicone has become popular in bakeware due to its many benefits and convenience. It is also a versatile material that can be used for a variety of baked goods, from cakes and muffins to bread and cookies. Additionally, silicone is more environmentally friendly than traditional bakeware materials like metal or glass.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ejleinenbach
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ejleinenbach
Replies
Views
Chefweezie
  • NooraK
  • Products and Tips
2 3 4 5