• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have Any Unique Ideas for Revamping a Show?

I don't want to forget anything. I've been doing this so long, I usually know what I want to say and I don't want to waste time coming up with something if I can just wing it.Thank you for your input. I think it's important to have an outline, but I understand how you feel when you try to follow one and it feels uncomfortable. Sometimes it's helpful to just wing it and see what happens.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I know there are several in the files section but I wanted to see if anyone had one they would like to share that is not in the file section. I am wanting to revamp my show and thought I would see what everyone else does!

I recently just redid mine. :) It's geared towards me, so you can use it to get an idea ... more of a cheat sheet for me to glance at occasionally to keep me on track.

Attachments

• Show Outline.pdf
    73.1 KB · Views: 817
Very Nice, Simple & to the Point Dottie!! I'm going to give it a try

What is the Card game?

This is what I used for my last show (first time I actually wrote it down and oh my goodness, it helped! I can't count on winging it and just figuring it out :rolleyes: ) and it is just hand written right now, but it worked great! Best show so far! :D

- On time tickets - *drawing*
- Thank host & hosting slide
- Tell guests how many shows available or what days in very near future are available
- My story & recruiting slide
- Start recipe & showcase stoneware (I put this up front b/c of Feb specials... this will change as needed)
- Cutting stuff - mandoline, chopper, knifes
- $127 for all 3 - $155 for the starter kit
- Cookware
---Recipe to cook, sit down if we are switching places---
- Drawing slip - business questions *drawing*
- Turn in drawing slip and get recipe card
- Book in next 30 days *drawing for these people*

I wish I could follow an outline. 6yrs of college, including 2 of grad school and I ALWAYS made an outline and NEVER followed them. I forget they are there or I hate when I lose my place and then it's obvious that I am lost at where I am at. I keep wanting to do one but so far I am trying to perfect the art of "winging it". :D

Thank you for sharing your outlines. Maybe one day I will get there so that I don't forget something.

Whenever I tried to follow an outline, I always wanted to keep referring to it and then I looked like I was unprepared. Guess it just takes practice. I tend to do better at just winging things. I usually forget something, but at least no one knows I forgot it!

That's how I feel with an outline when I try it...like I don't know what to say so I have to use a 'cheat sheet'. My director went back to using one b/c she thought it was good for recruiting to show that you don't have to knwo what to say. Whatever works for everyone. I guess when 'winging it' doesn't work anymore, I"ll have to go back to an outline and somehow force myself to remember to use it.

I have the same problem with outlines...I feel like I'm breaking eye contact with the guests and having to find where I am too much. I've thought about making one that's in BIG font with just short phrases to cue me...

I actually was doing really well with an outline I got about 6 months ago...I'd finally gotten it down by memory more or less, but I tried a new one tonight that was demo'd at the spring launch and it felt really uncomfortable. I don't know if that's just because it was new or because it just doesn't fit my style. Part of it might have been that this was a show booked from one 3 weeks ago and over half the guests were the same ones. So I didn't want to sound like I just spewed the same script at every show...yeah, a good show (we're at $525 with probably 2-3 more orders coming) but it felt a little awkward as far as my script went. When I left it and just winged it I felt more comfortable tonight.

For me, outlines typically help me cement in my head what I want to do. I can memorize things after physically writing or typing it out so that's more of why I do it.

I always wing it too! I've gotten some tips on here and have a basic idea of what I want to do. Most of my hosts so far haven't wanted to do an interactive show. So I've been doing the "try it & buy it". I set things up in the kitchen for them to test out.

Shannen- Great idea pointing out how much those 3 items from the kit would cost! I never would have thought of that! :)

The reason why I do it is because I have it "in case" ... when I write it down, it helps me to remember. I use it as a quick reference to keep me on track, otherwise I will just blah, blah, blah .... :) LOL I am notorious for winging things and I'm trying to be more organized with my business.

Once I have a show down, I find I don't use the outline anymore - but when I am doing a new show recipe, I always make up an outline - for Prep, Show, And Closing....

Here is the one I had for this summer - for the Incredible 30 Minute Chicken w/ Strawberry Spinach Salad.

PRE-SHOW:

Set up Checkout area
Set up Display Area
Put Almonds in pan - toast
Put chicken in DCB
Oil chicken
Clean Strawberries & Mostly Hull
Prep Cucumber & Onion
Set up demo area
Meet & Greet guests

SHOW

Welcome! Any first-timers? You are in for a treat! (explain show)
Thank Host (name) – give gift
Explain host's other gifts she will receive today – ending with the best gift!
Guest Special for the day
Explain Magic Word Game
Introduce myself.......tell story briefly
Demo Chicken – have host put in microwave
Demo Salad
Ice Cube demo
Talk about Host & Guest specials for June and beyond!

CLOSING

Take Chicken out of oven
Share the rest of my story.......great time to own your own business!
5-6 minutes of Housekeeping
5 Questions Game
Give Both Prizes
Guest Special for Today
Upcoming Host Specials
Fill out Guest Care Cards
Do Drawing and Gift for bringing friends
Thank everyone for coming
Explain check out
Eat and place orders.

PRODUCTS To Pack:

DCB
Knives
Bread Knife
Bamboo Platter & Bowl
Bamboo Cracker Tray & Snack Bowls
8 inch saute pan
Olive Oil
Oil Seasonings
Salad Dressing – lemon, oil, poppy seeds, sugar, white wine vinegar
Almonds
French Bread
Chicken seasoning mix
micro grater
whisk
Citrus Press
SS Bowl Set
collapsible bowl
prep bowls
ermc set
UM

1. What is the purpose of the Share Your Show Revamp Ideas?

The Share Your Show Revamp Ideas is a program designed to help Pampered Chef consultants improve their product demonstrations and parties by sharing creative and innovative ideas with each other.

2. How can I participate in the Share Your Show Revamp Ideas?

To participate, simply submit your ideas and suggestions through the Share Your Show Revamp Ideas form on the Pampered Chef website. You can also join the conversation on our social media pages and share your ideas there.

3. What type of ideas can I share through the Share Your Show Revamp Ideas?

Any ideas related to improving product demonstrations and parties are welcome. This can include new recipes, presentation ideas, tips for engaging guests, and more.

4. Will my ideas be shared with other consultants?

Yes, with your consent, your ideas will be shared with other Pampered Chef consultants through our website and social media pages. This allows for a collaborative and supportive community where we can all learn from each other.

5. Can I earn any rewards or recognition for participating in the Share Your Show Revamp Ideas?

While there are no specific rewards or recognition for participating in this program, your ideas may be featured on our website and social media pages, giving you an opportunity to showcase your creativity and potentially gain new customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • IAmChefJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • PChefPEI