• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Reactivate My Pampered Chef Business After 6 Months of Inactivity?

In summary, Ray Reavis has been inactive for six months and yesterday the dentist office called to confirm his appointment for this morning. Yesterday when he went to the dentist office, he brought two old catalogs and shared recipes with the woman from the office. Today when he logged onto the website to reactivate, he found that he could pay $25 + tax to get the new paperwork kit and be active. His apprehension is whether he wants to do this half-heartedly.
Roadtripray
Silver Member
I've been inactive for 6 months now. Yesterday the dentist office called to confirm my appointment for this morning, and the woman from the office added that she wanted to know if I still sold Pampered Chef because there was something she needed.Today when I went I brought two old catalogs since I don't have current ones. I told them I went inactive but was thinking about activating anyway so if they would like to place an order I'd be glad to place one for them.They were asking me about different products and I was telling them about them, sharing some recipes with them, and somehow got the bug again.I honestly wasn't sure I wanted to reactivate when i told them, however I didn't want to burn bridges and turn down an opportunity. I figured if I decided against reactivation I could always pass their orders off to someone I know.I logged onto the PC website and found that I can pay $25 + tax and get the new paperwork kit and I'll be active. My apprehension is that I don't want to do this half-hearted. I enjoy doing shows. I love cooking for people. However I'm a very busy guy. I work a salaried (meaning lots of unpaid overtime) job, have a daughter who is immersed in cheerleading right now, sing in a quartet, play in the praise band at church, and am chair of evangelism at church.I went for a walk tonight and I was thinking how the fact that I work from home means that if I put my mind to it I could easily make 2 calls or contacts a day during a break if I really wanted to and not affect my day job. I'm just questioning whether I can be serious or not.Signed,
Butterflies in Clover
aka Ray Reavis in Clover, SC

Roadtripray said:
I'm just questioning whether I can be serious or not.
Only you can answer that. You only have $25 to lose :)

Another consultant suggested that if I come back I should not buy the $25 paperwork kit but should get the $99 mini new consultant kit to get the 90 days of the website, plus I'd get the paperwork and some more tools. I already have most of the tools in the mini kit, but some could use refreshing (like the cutting board). Others i could sell or offer for prizes and/or bonuses.

The fact that are debating this maybe says "no". I only say that since, once you saw the $25 amount (you know you can most likely make that back - even half-hearted), you didn't jump on it.But it IS only $25. If you feel you can make the $25 back in commission - go for it. But you need to think about your time - and how much you can devote to Pampered Chef.Were you sad after you were deactivated? Or relieved? In that 6 month period without shows - were you trying to get shows but were unsuccessful? Or were you just letting it ride? You need to decide if you are willing to spend what little down time you have ramping up Pampered Chef.You could always sign up again for the $25, make that amount back, and use the time to see if you can devote more time to it.
Good luck!

Kathleen,I saw your response right after I sent my $25 in! It really isn't the $25 ... that's not a lot of money. I think my biggest concern is that I'll end up being my "best customer" trying to stay active. And then there is the website expenses and insurance which isn't a whole lot but it means to break even on about $15 per month in fixed expenses with a 20% margin I'll need $75 per month in sales.I was kind of sad, kind of relieved when I deactivated. I enjoy doing cooking show, and I think I'm pretty good at selling the product. My very first cooking show I sold almost $1000. My major problem was getting shows booked. And to stay active I'd sometimes buy some stuff to help make up a show from other orders I got. Although I needed what I got and I love my PC products.I was new to my town when I first started and didn't have very many connections. Now things are a little different. I have a lot more connections in the community so I'm going to begin with those and see if I can get some bookings on the books.I also HATE December with the Pampered Chef. I really have a lot of distaste for how commercialized Christmas has become and I'm just not going to contribute to it. Which is not to say I won't schedule a show in December. What I won't do is try to do "Black Friday" specials. I did that one year and really it just wasn't me.So with September almost gone, I'm beating the bushes trying to get another $150 in sales to make a show (I already have $50 in sales), and I'm going to try to have a good October and November and try to cruise through December other than perhaps trying to schedule some shows for January so I won't lose too much momentum.Thanks for your response. Your question about whether I was happy or sad when I was inactive gave me some good thoughts.Blessings,
Ray

Welcome back!! :)
It really sounds like cooking shows are your thing, so I'd get some training on how to book shows AT the shows, so you don't need to keep working so hard to get your calendar booked with the shows you want.
And the Black Friday-type sales are not at all required... I only do those types of sales/specials when I'm short on shows or I really need some extra sales to hit an incentive! It's way more fun and way easier to just go out and do a show!! :)
If I were you I'd probably do a 'Grand Re-Opening' party - invite all your new contacts that you've gained since you last started, and get your business off to a great new start! That'll really help in getting those shows booked...
Lorraine

I agree, I think that the Black Friday clearance type sales are not my thing so I won't get caught up in all of that this year. The one thing I am going to do differently is I am going to really go on an all-out push at booking shows.I just submitted a catalog show, I have a fundraiser show a week from today (Monday), and I have two other potential fundraiser shows that I need to follow up on today and tomorrow. I enjoy fundraiser shows because I like the fact that I can help with a good cause. I'm also hoping they will prove useful in introducing me to new leads to book other shows.Ray

I thought I'd give an update. I didn't really do a whole lot at the end of 2015, just one catalog show and another show that was more or less a "booth" type show -- so really a catalog show -- at an apartment complex. Each one making the minimum but not much more.January 2016 I landed a fundraiser show that was hosted at a local seafood market, so I featured seafood recipes. We were able to leverage both supporters of the non profit as well as customers of the seafood shop, so we had a good turnout, and I sold $1500. I got three bookings off that show and that really got the ball rolling again.My wife and I purchased a fixer-upper of a house so I've been consumed with that since May so I have slowed down my booking but I'm still hanging in there -- only one show for June and two booked for July so far and one booked for August. I'm toning it down because I'm doing most of the renovations on the house myself in addition to my full time job, but I'm trying to keep some momentum going.This are much better this go-round and the biggest difference is keeping up with contacts. Treat the drawing slips you receive at shows as GOLD. Pick up the phone and MAKE SOME CALLS. I'm serious. If I had to give myself a grade I'm probably doing like "C" level work right now on my contacts, but even with that it has made a HUGE difference. (I was doing "B" grade work on contacts in the Spring).
Blessings,
Ray

Sounds like you found the harmony* you needed. Good for you.*My life coach prefers the word "harmony" to "balance." Think of a teeter totter. In order to be in balance, it has to be static. Nobody move! If you think of life as an orchestra, harmony makes much more sense. Most of the time all of the instruments are playing, but only one section is featured. Sometimes the woodwinds (your family) get the most attention. Sometimes it's the strings (work). You get the idea. Best wishes on your remodel.

1. Should I Come Back?

This is a common question that we hear from our customers who have taken a break from Pampered Chef. The answer depends on your personal situation and goals.

2. What are the benefits of coming back?

There are many benefits to coming back to Pampered Chef, including the opportunity to reconnect with our community, access to new and exciting products, and the potential to earn extra income.

3. Will I need to pay any fees to come back?

No, there are no fees or penalties for coming back to Pampered Chef. We welcome you back with open arms and are excited to have you as part of our team again.

4. Do I need to rejoin a team or can I come back independently?

You have the option to rejoin your previous team or come back as an independent consultant. If you choose to rejoin your previous team, they will be able to provide you with support and guidance as you get back into the business.

5. How do I get started with coming back?

The first step is to reach out to your previous consultant or team leader and let them know you are interested in coming back. They will be able to guide you through the process and get you started with any necessary paperwork. We can't wait to have you back with us!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • ParadisePantry
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ParadisePantry
  • Rosebud