• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

UPS and FedEx Match Shipping Rates: What You Need to Know - DailyFinance

a little confusing.I haven't bought anything from Sears in a long time. I used to buy a lot from JC Penny's, but they changed their policy and now charge shipping on every item. I think it's around $5.I haven't bought anything from Sears in a long time. I used to buy a lot from JC Penny's, but they changed their policy and now charge shipping on every item. I think it's around $5.
Your math is right, Caroline. It would bring shipping to 4.49, which would probably become $4.50. However, that doesn't necessarily mean our shipping is increasing this spring. It's my understanding that big customers (like PC) often have long-term contracts. Shipping will eventually go up; we just have no way of knowing when.

Or by how much ... however, our shipping last increased in Fall 2008. I was at the conference where it was announced. So I'm guessing our contract might be good until at least September 2010.

I wish I had that price. Here in Alaska, our price is 15% + $2 for our customers :(

I hope it doesn't increase anytime soon as it is I hate having to charge the $4.25 to everyone. Mostly everyone makes a face when they hear they have to pay shipping. I wish we didn't have shipping at all... but I know it's only wishful thinking. :(

littlemaisyPC said:
I hope it doesn't increase anytime soon as it is I hate having to charge the $4.25 to everyone. Mostly everyone makes a face when they hear they have to pay shipping. I wish we didn't have shipping at all... but I know it's only wishful thinking. :(

Compared to other DS companies we are cheap!;)

heat123 said:
Compared to other DS companies we are cheap!;)

I had one customer give me grief about the $4.25, saying something like "that annoys me because they make so much as it is." When I said that our shipping is one of the lowest in the direct marketing business, she countered with "I went to a party and there were no shipping charges". She didn't say what party, and I didn't press. Sometimes it's just not worth the effort.

All I know is that Partylite's shipping used to be 10% and same with Close to my heart. A flat rate is soo much better! ;)

I know CTMH has gone up to a percentage of the orders... My DD is a Consultant. She does combine orders to reduce shipping between several people.

I had someone say that once, too, Nancy. I pointed out that they cannot ship anything for free, so if you don't see it it's hidden in the cost of the products. Companies ALWAYS charge shipping. They' make no profit if they didn't.

What I wish they would do for us is give free shipping for shows. I did a Scentsy party recently and they don't charge shipping on shows and 10% on direct orders. My sister ordered direct and her shipping was like $1.50 and it went to her house. Had she done a PC order it would have been like $6.25.

All in all out of all the things of PC offers this is the only draw back everything else they offer is above and beyond. I just want my cake and ice cream too!

I didn't see your post Rae I must have been writing mine. Your right about that you can't ship anything for free. It just looks good on paper when you're totaling they're order.

It's funny. I have just as many people who comment on how great it is to only have to pay $4.25 to get lots of stuff as I do people who complain that $4.25 is too much. People are strange.

Shiiping here in Canada is $5.25 per order

Hmmm....I wonder if they could just increase the price of each product by 10% or so to offset the shipping charges (on shipping to the host) a food chopper would be $32.50 instead of $29.50, etc. -- then we could promote our "free shipping"....just a thought!

Our shipping costs are far less then other companies! I always included that in my beginning smeal... buy as much as you can since its only one price shipping - whether you purchase 1 item at 5.00 or the entire catalog tonight.... then of course went into how no one should buy the whole catty when they could earn it for free...

Our shipping is very reasonable. Have you bought anything from ABC distributing, Sears or JC Pennies lately? They charge shipping based on how much you spend...and the lowest is usually around $5. I do have a friend who sells Home and Garden Party. Their shipping used to be a percentage...at it was expensive...but they added a small amount to their product prices and do not charge shipping anymore. You still pay it, you just don't see it. Some companies charge shipping and then charge a service charge on top of that. It is bad for someone to have to pay $4.25 to ship a $5 or even $10 item, but all in all most people order more than that and the shipping is a bargain.

Close to my heart is currently 13.95% on product sales........if you "earn" something free, you pay tax on that free amount and also is you buy a SOTM (Stamp of the Month) at the discounted price.......you pay S&H and tax on original price.....that's what company has to claim and pay on.

So with PC we are lucky in so many ways and our hostesses are really lucky, with CTMH you pay S&H and tax each time unless the consultant rights it off herself.

Lisa

Maybe a good answer to the people that say they went to other DS parties that offered free shipping is that you can't ship anything for free, and they're not going to just loose out on all that money so their products are most likely priced to include a percentage of shipping. So again, with a flat rate, we're still cheaper!

We all should start rounding up books from other DS companies and their prices and findout what the S&H charges are............wait and see what other companies do and if they offer FREE S&H, then compare prices from older cattie to new....if one or 2 items, like PC does each season that's one thing......but to raise everything, than you know it's just the way they're getting S&H without calling it that, lol.

Lisa

Well, there is the argument that I think is actually more accurate. The $4.25 is only a deal if you spend more than $42.50 on PC products. Most DS companies I have run into charge 10% per order. What I think most people disagree with is the "sharing" of the cost. Meaning why should I buy a $29.00 food chopper and pay $4.25 when Mary purchased $77 worth of stuff and only pays $4.25. Some people always see this as unfair.
There there is the solution of telling customers we only charge 10% on orders less than $42.50 and $4.25 over that and this only causes us more work and then the problem there is that then the shipping charged by FedEx would be shorted. Basically, you can't make if work for everyone.
I have had people cancel small orders when they find out about that S&H charge. Oh well! There is no easy answer except to cop-out and tell them that it is not our choice.

On thing to remember is that we do ship larger/heavier items than some direct sales companies. HO has come up with a great average to use for our customers.

And then there are the people who place an individual order for a mini spatula, and pay over $6 in shipping to get their $4.50 item. :D Takes all kinds. There will always be something to complain about for some people....I think it's a personality type.

ChefBeckyD said:
And then there are the people who place an individual order for a mini spatula, and pay over $6 in shipping to get their $4.50 item. :D Takes all kinds. There will always be something to complain about for some people....I think it's a personality type.

I totally agree! Thankfully I haven't had hardly any complaints on the shipping costs after 4 years!:D

I don't know a lot about other DS companies, but the ones I've seen that charge a percentage have a shipping minimum equal to or slightly more than our shipping. I don't have a problem with people combining orders to save on shipping. I just make sure that they (and the host) understand that it could lead to warranty issues. Becky's right. It takes all kinds.

1. How much does shipping cost?

Our shipping rates vary depending on the weight and destination of your order. You can find the exact cost of shipping at checkout before completing your purchase.

2. Do you offer free shipping?

Yes, we offer free standard shipping on orders over $150. This offer is valid for orders shipped within the contiguous United States.

3. Can I track my package?

Yes, you will receive a tracking number via email once your package has been shipped. You can use this number to track your package on our website or through the shipping carrier's website.

4. How long will it take to receive my order?

The estimated delivery time for your order will depend on the shipping method selected at checkout. Standard shipping usually takes 3-5 business days, while expedited shipping can take 1-2 business days.

5. Do you offer international shipping?

Yes, we offer international shipping to select countries. The shipping rates and delivery times for international orders will vary depending on the destination. Please note that additional customs fees may apply and are the responsibility of the customer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • dannyzmom