• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Separate Spouse Bank Accounts the Key to Better Communication with My Team?

enough money to cover our expenses without having to worry about money. We have a joint account where everything goes in and comes out. If one of us needs money, we ask the other for it. If one of us doesn't have the money, we don't spend it. We don't worry about money, and it works well for us.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Having a Hard Time Elicitiing a Response From My TeamI send out emails throughout the week when I come across great information, flyers, etc. I would love to just have a few of my team members hit "reply" and say "Thanks" or "I got it" or "I am still alive" LOL

It occurred to me this morning that id on't even know if they are receiveing and/or opening these emails!

I recall my NED once saying how she rewards for "grunts" - in other words, she asks that her team just hit "reply" when they get an email from her even if just to "grunt" at her and let her know they are alive. Sghe rewards for these grunts - LOL
What do ya'll think?

That is great.At least then you know they got it and hopefully read your email. I have a few on my team that don't seem to reply either.

I did that this summer. I offered a drawing for PC$$ for each call or email that THEY made to me. A few got into it but even when we did the first drawing it didn't make the others start responding.

They tell me they're getting and reading/listening to my messages but they still don't take the time to respond - kind of like our hosts!:rolleyes:

I have tryed offering a prize for responce too. Kinda worked. I got emails back from my regular people, but I still didn't know if the hobbiests got/read it.

I completely understand! I have my team training on Tuesday and need to make calls tomorrow to get more than 2 of the 15 to come! UGH!

I use constant contact for my customer newsletter and started using it for my weekly team e-mail. It's great because I can see who opens it. Although with CC, some servers won't let you track them. For example, I have one consultant who uses wideopenwest and they won't let services like CC to track but I know she gets it because she tells me she does.

We can only do what we can do. My director (who you've all read about here) only appears when she needs something from us. Other than that... nothing. And it's been that way for YEARS. What the hardest part is, is that I'm so good to my team with the meetings and the e-mails and they don't think they have it that good from me but they have nothing to compare it to!!!

I was on vaca with my family in August and for 3 weeks up to the week I was leaving said in HUGE LETTERS at the beginning of my weekly e-mail that I would be away and they would not have access to me. Then the week I was gone I sent them yet another reminder! I return from my trip to get a voicemail from one of my consultants that she's on her way to my house to get catalogs she forgot to order for a show and that she needed some from me. The next voicemail was her outside my front door announcing that she was there and where was I? UGH!!!!! And the worst part is is that according to CC, she READ THE E-MAILS!!!!

Okay... done venting. My attitude is to give to those who want something. So if I only have 2 on Tuesday, it's going to be the best darn training they've ever gotten. I just love that they think they don't need us as their directors and the moment something goes amiss... they need us!!! I suppose it's like raising kids... I don't have any so I'm just guessing here!

Okay... now I'm really done... thanks for reading! :)

That's the great thing about this site! We are venting to the choir! We are ALL there and totally understand and can be the shoulder ...or the one who can help this time!

And Colleen, you are too funny - yes it is a lot like kids. (I have 5 so I know. :bugeye:)

5!!!! Holy crap!!!

I'm the youngest of six! I don't know how my mother did it. And I don't know how she's not institutionalized from all of us!!!!

chefsteph's thread has got me thinking. Does anyone do seperate banking accounts? Or maybe have one central account where 90% of the couples money goes in but then 5% goes in each's "fun" account where they are free to use for whatever? I think that would be a great idea. No?

I don't like the idea of having separate checking accounts unless the separate accounts are for business. Fun money comes out of our budget, and at this point in time there isn't any. But, fun money does not have to be accounted for as long as you're using the amount you were allowed. The amount was agreed upon by both of us.

My husband and I have separate accounts, and separate accounts for our businesses. Also, we have a clear agreement of 'who pays for what' :)Like many others who have different spending/savings styles, we did this...after seeing a financial couselor, to avoid problems. For the last 10 years we have filed income tax separately too. Your milage may vary :)

I feel sort of guilty when I think about this, but we have a joint account that 100% of dh's money goes into, and then I have my own account that all of my income goes into. He doesn't have his own account. I spend out of both pretty freely, but I pretty much only pay bills. DH has to buy anything extra FOR me. I won't do that without him. He has to MAKE me buy anything outside of strict essentials. I am painfully strict with myself about money because of a short bout of poverty.

My husband and I have a joint account that pays the bills and everything else we need. When I worked outside the home I had an account in the town I worked, but it was also ours. I paid bills out of it too. Every account we have is a joint account accept my PC account. He doesn't want any part of it. But, he is the beneficiary of it should something happen to me. My personal feelings is that a married couple shares everything...finances, whether they are good or bad, taxes...everything. I have a lot of friends who have his and her accounts and she pays this and he pays that, but someone is always needing to get money from the other. It would be much simpler to have one account and discuss how money is to be spent...and whether or not there is extra for "fun stuff".

Me and my DH have 2 accounts 1 that his paychecks go into and the 2nd one is actually my business account which we use for Christmas and kids sports.

we have seperate accounts also we figured it worked before we got married it should work afterwards..it does.

We have had a joint account since before we were married. I do have my business account but I transfer 50% of my pay into our account. We have always shared everything but that has always worked for us....

We have separate accounts. We really need to get each other made beneficiaries on each others' accounts but that's it.It works well for us. His parents do it this way, too. My parents have a joint account and fight about money, so I was more than happy to try things this way.It's also a lot more common I think in second marriages - this is my first, but his second.

We have a joint account for our household bills. DH's paycheck goes into that. We live off of his paycheck for daily expenses.

I have a separate account for PC. Everything PC related goes into & comes out of that account. Any commission is used for kids' pictures (I do a lot of pictures at Sears :)) & kids clothes, any special gifts that I want to get for DH (like his packers tix for his b-day).

We also have a separate account for my DH's business. All of the farming transactions come out of here. He uses it for any extra he wants to buy (like flowers for me! YAY!!)

We have a 4th checking account for child support that we get from my ex. School supplies, fees, & extra activities (dance, tumbling) come out of here.

My husband and I have always had joined accounts and it workd great for us. however I have several friends that have seperate and it works great for them. I think the important thing is if whatever you have isn't working consider other options and always abe open to alternitives.

We have the same account. Personally, I do not believe in seperate accounts. We do have more than one account the we use for different things but they are all joint.

I should have said in my previous post, too, that all of the accounts are joint. I just do most of the check writing! :D

joint and seperateWe have our joint where DH's checks goes to all living expenses. I have my PC acct to which my mad $$ spending and our vacation money comes from!:)

Admin Greg said:
chefsteph's thread has got me thinking. Does anyone do seperate banking accounts? Or maybe have one central account where 90% of the couples money goes in but then 5% goes in each's "fun" account where they are free to use for whatever? I think that would be a great idea. No?

i think it is a great idea! the problem is getting dh to stick to it!!

Admin Greg said:

Right now we have joint accounts...When I graduate in Dec and start working full time we are planning on going with this idea. This way we each get our "fun" money and if I want to go shopping with my "fun" money no problem.

1. How do separate spouse bank accounts benefit a relationship?

Separate bank accounts can help maintain individual financial independence within a relationship. It allows for personal spending and saving without having to consult with your spouse, which can reduce conflicts over money.

2. Can we still have a joint account for shared expenses?

Yes, many couples choose to have a joint account for shared expenses such as rent, utilities, and groceries. This can make it easier to track and manage joint finances while still maintaining separate accounts for personal spending.

3. Will separate bank accounts affect our credit score as a couple?

No, each person's credit score is based on their individual credit history and activity, not joint accounts. However, if you have joint accounts and one person has poor credit, it could potentially affect the other person's credit if payments are missed.

4. How do we decide who pays for what with separate accounts?

It's important to have open and honest communication with your spouse about financial responsibilities. You can decide to split bills evenly, based on income, or divide them up in a way that works best for your relationship.

5. Are there any downsides to having separate bank accounts?

Having separate bank accounts may make it more difficult to manage joint finances and can lead to conflicts over money if not communicated effectively. It's important to regularly discuss and review your financial situation with your spouse to ensure both of your needs are being met.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sfdavis918
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • kayleigh
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • cincychef