• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substituting Seasonings for Jerk Chicken Nachos: Tips and Experiences

In summary, Janet uses Southwestern Seasoning in place of Jamaican Jerk Rub when she doesn't have it. She recommends that the customer do the same if they don't have the Jamaican Jerk Rub. McCormick recommends that the customer bring their own Jerk Rub to the show if they are substituting it.
HockeyLover
I have a host that wants to make the Jerk Chicken Nachos this weekend. I don't have any of the Jamaican Jerk Rub. I know certain seasonings can be subsitituted if we don't have them. I won't get my order in time for the show, can I substitute with a Rub from the grocery store? Has anyone tried this? TIA.

MCCormick has a jamaicain jerk seasoning
I used it for the salad we came out with in the spring.

If you take the seasoning to the show, just put it in a baggie or a prep bowl!

it does tatse a little different though. I would tell them you are waiting on your new bottle to arrive. They don't have to klnow it is your first.

Or "borrow" some form your clustermates.

You can always use Southwestern Seasoning too. I think I have seen that in other posts here. At least that way, you are taking "our" seasoning.

I used the Southwest Seasoning because I was running low on the Jerk seasoning and they were great.

Homemade Jerk SeasoningThis website has great homemade seasoning recipes. I keep homemade SW seasoning, Taco Seasoning and the Jerk Seasoning made up in my prep bowls at all times.

http://www.budget101.com/seasoning_mixes.htm ·

Janet

mpkegley said:
You can always use Southwestern Seasoning too. I think I have seen that in other posts here. At least that way, you are taking "our" seasoning.
I hadn't even thought of that... course I don't have that either :eek: I think I'm going to have to 'borrow' one from my Director.

What are the most commonly used substitutions for salt in recipes?

Some common substitutes for salt in recipes include herbs and spices like garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and cumin. Other options include using lemon juice or vinegar for added acidity, or using low-sodium broths or stocks.

Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh herbs?

Yes, dried herbs can be used as a substitution for fresh herbs. However, keep in mind that dried herbs are more concentrated in flavor, so you will need to use a smaller amount compared to fresh herbs. For example, 1 teaspoon of dried herbs is equivalent to 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs.

What can I use as a substitute for butter in recipes?

Some common substitutes for butter in recipes include coconut oil, olive oil, avocado, and unsweetened applesauce. These alternatives may change the texture and flavor of the final dish, so it's best to experiment and adjust according to your preference.

Can I replace white sugar with a healthier alternative?

Yes, there are several healthier alternatives to white sugar that can be used in recipes. Some options include honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and stevia. Keep in mind that these alternatives may also change the texture and sweetness of the final dish, so adjustments may be needed.

What is the best substitute for all-purpose flour?

Whole wheat flour, almond flour, and oat flour are some common substitutes for all-purpose flour. Keep in mind that these alternatives may not have the same gluten content as all-purpose flour, so they may not work for all recipes. It's best to consult a recipe or baking expert for specific recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • lesliebakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies