• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sausage & Pepper Biscuit Frittata

In summary, this recipe is easy to follow and the biscuits turned out well. The biscuit skillet made it easy to flatten the biscuits.
JAE
I made the Sausage & Pepper Biscuit Frittata for dinner tonight. It was good. I didn't quite follow the directions because I used all the sausage instead of just 8 oz. It took about 8 minutes longer to bake. I couldn't find Provolone cheese in a block or shredded, so I used Mozarella. I used sweet sausage instead of hot because I'm quite sensitive to spicy and my kids don't like it. But maybe Southwestern Seasoning would have been good. It needed a little more flavor.

I think this is a good recipe for shows because you can use the Executive cookware w/o needing a stove top. I would soften the cream chesse on a small plate and transfer it into the small stainless bowl rather than using the small batter bowl. It was hard to whisk the eggs into the cream cheese w/o it sloshing over the sides.

Thanks for the info!

I read your post and re-read the recipe and it took me a minute to discover that the sausage is cooked in the microwave. I like that better than stove-top! And yes, it is nice to show the cookware without standing over a stove.

I am wondering if the Provolone might have given it more flavor. Or else I might be tempted to try Cheddar...? Maybe some salt would help too. For the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares there was a tip on here to salt & pepper the hash browns before baking (I also use Cheddar on that one too).

How easy it it to flatten & shape the biscuits in the Skillet?

I actually used my hands to flatten the biscuits with no problem. I didn't use flour. To show the dough and pizza roller, you'll probably need the flour.

JAE said:
I actually used my hands to flatten the biscuits with no problem. I didn't use flour. To show the dough and pizza roller, you'll probably need the flour.

Funny - because when I read the recipe, I pictured myself doing this with my hands also! That's why I wanted to know how the Roller worked! lol

Hi there! I'm so glad you tried the Sausage & Pepper Biscuit Frittata for dinner tonight. It sounds like you made some great adjustments to suit your preferences and I'm sure it turned out delicious with the sweet sausage and mozzarella cheese. The Southwestern Seasoning is definitely a great idea for adding some extra flavor. Thank you for the tip about using the Executive cookware - that's a great way to make this recipe at shows without needing a stovetop. I'll definitely keep that in mind. And I totally understand about the cream cheese sloshing over the sides - I've had that happen to me too. Softening it on a small plate is a great solution. Thank you for sharing your experience with the recipe and for your helpful tips. Happy cooking!

1. Can I substitute the sausage for a different protein?

Yes, you can substitute the sausage for any protein of your choice such as bacon, ham, or turkey.

2. Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the frittata ahead of time and reheat it in the oven or microwave before serving.

3. Can I use frozen peppers instead of fresh?

Yes, you can use frozen peppers but make sure to thaw and drain them before adding them to the frittata.

4. Can I use a different type of cheese?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese that you prefer or have on hand. Some popular options are cheddar, mozzarella, or feta cheese.

5. Can I make this in a different type of pan?

Yes, you can make this in a different type of pan such as a cast iron skillet or a casserole dish. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KaiKendall
  • KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • DebPC