• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Santoku Knife 7 One Solid Piece of Metal or Several Pieces Put Together?

In summary, the Santoku knife is a great knife that is professional chef-approved. It is a full-tang knife that is balanced in the hand. The Santoku knife is the knife ever!
lisa717
I work at a restaurant and the OTHER cook wants to know if that SANTOKU knife is one solid piece of metal or several pieces put together:confused: :confused: :confused: I KNOW someone here will know the answer...I said...UMM let me ask someone who knows more than I do...LMAO..I am hoping tha answer is one solid piece of metal for $70!!!!

As far as I know, it is one solid piece! You could check CC to be sure. They have info there on all the products.

Yes! It is one piece of forged German steel! Tell him or her that it is VERY balanced in your hand. Professional Chef's helped PC to choose the design/make of the knives...which is why many chefs LOVE them!

Full tang. Means that it is one piece from the point to the end.

It Is The Knife Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own this knife and the color coated and I love them!! My DH always looks for reason to use them! They are fantastic and I recommend them at all my shows!

My brother is graduating Le Couerd un Bleu (I'm sure I didn't spell that right!) culinary art school this coming weekend. He has TONS of professional high-end knives. He KNOWS knives. He's been cooking in restaurants for over 15 years. He LOVES my PC Santuko!!! He couldn't believe how balanced it was in his hand when I did a PC show for my SIL! Needless to say, he's getting one with his graduation present this next week!

Thank you girls I think you just sold it!! LOL

My hubby uses my forged cutlery knives more than I do, he actually uses them as much or more than his Heinkel knives that cost an arm and a leg! i try to sell as many as a I can since they are great knives! Now I am on to cookware!! :D

1. What is a Santoku knife and what makes it different from other knives?

A Santoku knife is a Japanese-style knife that is typically shorter and has a flatter blade compared to a traditional chef's knife. It is designed for slicing, dicing, and mincing vegetables, fruits, and boneless meats. Its name translates to "three virtues" in Japanese, referring to its ability to excel in three cutting tasks - slicing, dicing, and mincing.

2. What is the blade length of the Santoku knife?

The blade length of a standard Santoku knife is 7 inches, although it can vary from 5 to 8 inches.

3. Is the Santoku knife suitable for both right and left-handed individuals?

Yes, the Santoku knife is designed to be used by both right and left-handed individuals. Its symmetrical blade and handle make it comfortable to use for both.

4. Can the Santoku knife be used for cutting meat and fish?

While the Santoku knife is primarily designed for cutting vegetables and fruits, its sharp and versatile blade can also be used for cutting boneless meats and fish. However, it is not recommended for cutting through bones or frozen foods.

5. Does the Santoku knife require any special care or maintenance?

To maintain the sharpness and longevity of the Santoku knife, it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water and dry it immediately. Avoid using harsh abrasives or putting it in the dishwasher. Regularly honing the blade with a honing steel can also help maintain its sharpness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • sklay723
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
Replies
Views
wadesgirl