• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions About Salary Range: Which Range Do You Want?

In summary, the conversation revolves around a job listing that requests a "salary range" and the confusion regarding what range should be provided. Some suggest it should include past wages, while others interpret it as the desired salary for the listed job. There is also discussion about the absurdity of asking for salary requirements on an initial inquiry and the difficulty of remembering past wages. The conversation also mentions finding a job that pays 80 to 90K, which is seen as a great opportunity.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I saw a job listing that requests a "salary range." My question to that is "which range do you want?"

Due to budget cuts, my hours were cut, though my hourly wage remains the same ... In addition, I've been there FOREVER and have no idea what I was making a decade or more ago when I started.

So, does my range need to include the wage when I started to now? The range over the last few years? Or the range this year, even though the top number is not my current salary?

I'd interpret it to mean the range you WANT from the listed job. Unless it's specifically identified as your salary at your current position.

I agree with Ann. If they want a salary history, thats different.

I was just going to say it is the salary you want. :)

AND, make sure that STARTS at what you would be making at your currently hourly if you were working 40 hours!

pampchefsarah said:
AND, make sure that STARTS at what you would be making at your currently hourly if you were working 40 hours!

Good point.

If they ask for a range, I say, "Magic Chef."

If they ask for a salary I want, I say, "$1,000,000.00 to start, but I'm negotiable."

Asking for salary requirements on an initial inquiry is the most stupid thing in the job market. It's how they winnow out resumes but they probably miss out on the perfect applicant (you) for either being undervalued or overpriced.

As for the million dollar request - if they toss me out based on that answer, I don't care. I don't want to work for a jerk with no sense of humor.

I just checked ... they are asking for a "resume and salary history."That completely stinks ... how am I supposed to remember what I was making a decade ago, and why should it matter?It was in that section of "Indeed" where you can refine your search to call up jobs paying 30K a year or more. This one is in a different field and it's in North Canton, which is a bit of a drive for me, but about the same as my drive to my current job, just in the other direction. Saw another one that pays 80 to 90K!! That would be amazing! Like I hit the lottery!

Di_Can_Cook said:
I just checked ... they are asking for a "resume and salary history."

That completely stinks ... how am I supposed to remember what I was making a decade ago, and why should it matter?

It was in that section of "Indeed" where you can refine your search to call up jobs paying 30K a year or more. This one is in a different field and it's in North Canton, which is a bit of a drive for me, but about the same as my drive to my current job, just in the other direction.

Saw another one that pays 80 to 90K!! That would be amazing! Like I hit the lottery!

Contact the local Social Security Office and look up your income there.

1. What is the typical salary range for a Pampered Chef employee?

The typical salary range for a Pampered Chef employee varies depending on the position, experience, and location. However, our company offers competitive salaries and benefits for all employees.

2. Can you provide a salary range for a specific job position at Pampered Chef?

We do not disclose specific salary ranges for job positions as it may vary depending on individual qualifications and experience. However, we assure you that our company offers fair and competitive compensation packages.

3. Is the salary range negotiable?

The salary range for each position at Pampered Chef is determined based on various factors, including market trends and employee qualifications. While we strive to offer fair compensation, we do not negotiate salary ranges for individual employees.

4. Are there opportunities for salary advancement at Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, we value our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement. As employees gain experience and take on more responsibilities, they may be eligible for salary advancements.

5. How often are salary reviews conducted at Pampered Chef?

Salary reviews at Pampered Chef are typically conducted on an annual basis. However, exceptional employees may be considered for salary adjustments outside of the annual review cycle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sherri lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva