• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Unique Recipes Can You Make with a Salad Chopper?

I always refer to them as my salsa makers b/c I've never made salad with them, and I use them all the time to make salsa. That being said, I do use them A LOT to shred chicken, pork, etc. I hate, hate, HATE the two-fork method of shredding!
AmyDare
Besides pass around salsa and chicken fajitas...does anyone have any awesome show recipes that use the Salad Choppers?

Smoky chicken BBQ Sandwiches is always a hit.

I make the 30 minute chicken and then take a piece of the chicken breast, put it in the batter bowl and chop it up with the salad chopper to make the chicken broccoli braid.

I think the host is looking for a salad-ish option...since they're called "Salad choppers"...? She doesn't want to do the recipe that came on the use and care guide---tried it before and got frustrated with the carrots.

I think those things are pretty useless. You're not alone with getting frustrated with them chopping carrots.
If your host is really wanting to show them off, that pass-around salsa recipe from the older catalog is the best I can think of! Or try adapting this older crispy ranch chicken salad recipe:
https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/celebrations_crcs.pdf

ShellBeach said:
I think those things are pretty useless. You're not alone with getting frustrated with them chopping carrots.
If your host is really wanting to show them off, that pass-around salsa recipe from the older catalog is the best I can think of! Or try adapting this older crispy ranch chicken salad recipe:
https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/celebrations_crcs.pdf

useless? I LOVE my salad choppers. For lunch, I fill my large batter bowl half way with lettuce and veggies, chop it all with my salad chopper (including baby carrots). Pour in salad dressing, stir and it's ready to eat. You can even take a cooked chicken cutlet, hold it in one hand and with your other hand use the chopper to slice it into large slices over the plate of salad. Perfect. I guess that is why p chef has so many gadgets - everyone has different opinions on what they like and don't like.

Salsa...tomatoes (cherry or roma)
cilantro
lime (citrus press / zester)
red onion
garlic (garlic press/garlic slicer)
jalapenochop away

doughmama said:
useless? I LOVE my salad choppers. For lunch, I fill my large batter bowl half way with lettuce and veggies, chop it all with my salad chopper (including baby carrots). Pour in salad dressing, stir and it's ready to eat. You can even take a cooked chicken cutlet, hold it in one hand and with your other hand use the chopper to slice it into large slices over the plate of salad. Perfect. I guess that is why p chef has so many gadgets - everyone has different opinions on what they like and don't like.
:eek: I know, right? I love love love them! Couldn't live without them! I use them so much for chopping up chicken! Anyway, back to the question, these aren't PC recipes but go to this site (scroll down for the recipes), they have a bunch of good recipes that use the salad choppers (just don't show the host the site, I'm sure they're choppers aren't nearly as good as ours! ;))..http://www.silvermk.com/recipes.cfm

I've never ever used them for salad...haha...but use them all the time for chicken breasts, turkey, pork, etc.....
They should change the name to meat shredders!

JennLizFran said:
I've never ever used them for salad...haha...but use them all the time for chicken breasts, turkey, pork, etc.....
They should change the name to meat shredders!

I totally agree, I've never actually used them for salad either, but love them for meat and the pass around salsa.

Thank you for the chicken salad and the other chopper site. I think those are the types of recipes the host is looking for. (that cranberry apple chopped salad sounds awesome!)
Amy

I use my chopper to make salads all of the time - I make a simple chopped salad with baby arugula, shaved fennel, then squeeze the juice of one lemon, and drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper - then finish it with shaved Parmesan cheese. So easy and delish and it goes with everything. The recipes from the other website are amazing and I use them a lot. I just printed up a salsa recipe from the Whole Foods website that I think would be perfect - it features tomatoes, plus fresh fruit - am going to warm up my organic corn chips....OK - Now I am hungry!

Last edited:
This wouldn't do much for a show, but I use mine to make fresh strawberry sauce for whatever -- ice cream, pancakes (sometimes baked in the silicone floral cupcake pan), etc. Just toss a bunch of strawberries (hulled, of course) in the batter bowl with a little sugar and chop away. So yummy and easy.

I always refer to them as my salsa makers b/c I've never made salad with them, and I use them all the time to make salsa. That being said, I do use them A LOT to shred chicken, pork, etc. I hate, hate, HATE the two-fork method of shredding! This is waaaaay easier!

Ooooo...the strawberries sound yummy!

janezapchef said:
This wouldn't do much for a show, but I use mine to make fresh strawberry sauce for whatever -- ice cream, pancakes (sometimes baked in the silicone floral cupcake pan), etc. Just toss a bunch of strawberries (hulled, of course) in the batter bowl with a little sugar and chop away. So yummy and easy.

I always refer to them as my salsa makers b/c I've never made salad with them, and I use them all the time to make salsa. That being said, I do use them A LOT to shred chicken, pork, etc. I hate, hate, HATE the two-fork method of shredding! This is waaaaay easier!

I've done that with the strawberries for Strawberry Shortcake, works great!

I too have never used my salad choppers for actual salad, but for chicken, pork and salsa. I love the strawberry idea. I sell a ton of the salad choppers by demoing salsa and chicken fajita to show the diversity of the product.

I use them for everything....I even prefer it to the food chopper! = X

This one is a PC recipe and it's yummy!

Southwestern Salad

Ingredients:
Dressing

3/4 cup (175 mL) ranch salad dressing
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 tsp (10 mL) taco seasoning
1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice

Salad

1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted ripe olives, sliced
1 cup (250 mL) diced red bell pepper
1 pkg (10oz/300g) torn romaine lettuce
1 cup (250 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup (125 mL) whole kernel corn
2 cups (500 mL) diced cooked chicken
1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and diced (optional)

Directions:
For dressing, combine salad dressing, jalapeño pepper, seasoning and lime juice in small bowl; whisk until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For salad, slice olives and dice bell pepper on Cutting Board. In large serving bowl, combine lettuce, olives, bell pepper, beans, corn and chicken. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat. If desired, top with avocado. Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 260, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 17 g, Sodium 570 mg, Fiber 4 g

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.
The Pampered Chef

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I use them for everything....I even prefer it to the food chopper! = X

This one is a PC recipe and it's yummy!

Southwestern Salad

Ingredients:
Dressing

3/4 cup (175 mL) ranch salad dressing
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 tsp (10 mL) taco seasoning
1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice

Salad

1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted ripe olives, sliced
1 cup (250 mL) diced red bell pepper
1 pkg (10oz/300g) torn romaine lettuce
1 cup (250 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup (125 mL) whole kernel corn
2 cups (500 mL) diced cooked chicken
1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and diced (optional)

Directions:
For dressing, combine salad dressing, jalapeño pepper, seasoning and lime juice in small bowl; whisk until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For salad, slice olives and dice bell pepper on Cutting Board. In large serving bowl, combine lettuce, olives, bell pepper, beans, corn and chicken. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat. If desired, top with avocado. Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 260, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 17 g, Sodium 570 mg, Fiber 4 g

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.
The Pampered Chef

Mmmmmm, that sounds yummy! Will definitely need to try that one!

1. What are some easy salad recipes that can be made with a salad chopper?

One simple recipe is a Greek salad, which can be made by chopping together cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, bell peppers, and feta cheese. Another option is a chicken Caesar salad, using chopped romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, croutons, and Parmesan cheese. You can also make a refreshing fruit salad by chopping together watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, and mint.

2. Can I use the salad chopper to make pasta salads?

Yes, the salad chopper is great for making pasta salads. You can chop up ingredients like cooked pasta, vegetables, and cheese, then mix them together with your favorite dressing for a quick and delicious side dish or meal.

3. How do I clean the salad chopper?

The salad chopper is dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water. Use a small brush or toothbrush to clean between the blades, and be sure to dry thoroughly before storing.

4. Can I use the salad chopper to chop other foods besides vegetables and fruits?

Yes, the salad chopper can be used to chop a variety of foods, including cooked meats, nuts, and even hard-boiled eggs. It's a versatile tool that can save time and effort in the kitchen.

5. Are there any salad chopper recipe ideas for those with dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! The salad chopper can be used to make delicious and healthy salads for those with dietary restrictions. For example, a chopped quinoa salad with roasted vegetables and a lemon vinaigrette is a great option for those following a gluten-free or vegetarian diet. You can also make a chopped salad using cauliflower rice, chopped vegetables, and a dairy-free dressing for a vegan option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melindagilbert
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
rlombas