• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Versatility of the Salad and Berry Spinner - Only $50!

Q
quiltchef
Help! At my lunchtime show yesterday a couple of guests were interested in the Salad and Berry Spinner--but felt that $50 was a lot of money to pay.:yuck: I don't have one for guests to see.
What do people like about it? Are there any other uses for the product?
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Quiltchef

I have had a hard time selling the salad berry spinner....I would love to hear how others have been selling them!

If they don't eat a lot of salads & greens, they are never going to be interested in it.

It is definitely comparable to the Oxo spinners sold at Target. I had an Oxo before I started selling PC. PC is better because they combine the 2 Oxo sizes, so less storage space. The small bowl can do herbs, also.

Large Oxo size is $30, the mini is $25 and they do not nest together. Target return policy is 90 days with original packaging, PC is 3 years guarantee.

Oxo spinners at Target:
http://www.target.com/gp/search/602-6698936-0566232?field-keywords=oxo+salad&url=index%3Dtarget&ref=sr_bx_1_1

Last edited:
You can use both inserts as colanders; serve salad in the bowl; dry off pasta so sauce sticks to it better; invert the inserts over food at picnics to keep bugs away; even use it to spin-dry hand-washed delicates (please wash well after this use, before using it for food. :) )

kspry said:
If they don't eat a lot of salads & greens, they are never going to be interested in it.

It is definitely comparable to the Oxo spinners sold at Target. I had an Oxo before I started selling PC. PC is better because they combine the 2 Oxo sizes, so less storage space. The small bowl can do herbs, also.

Large Oxo size is $30, the mini is $25 and they do not nest together. Target return policy is 90 days with original packaging, PC is 3 years guarantee.

Oxo spinners at Target:
http://www.target.com/gp/search/602-6698936-0566232?field-keywords=oxo+salad&url=index%3Dtarget&ref=sr_bx_1_1
This is great information. So to get the same 2 sizes of spinners that ours has in one at Target it would be $55 and they take more room for storage and if they stop working after 90 days you are OOL. Hmmmm.... Ours is really quite a deal!

Yeah, if someone is already interested in a salad spinner, this should sell them on the PC one. I only had the large Oxo and it is too big for smaller herbs and bags of spinach.

I am really fussy about washing food. I don't care if it is from the salad bar or prewashed in bags - I always wash it again when I get home, for health reasons.

edit - and who would keep the box? Target requires boxed returns.

I have been trying to convince a friend to buy the one I earned for $25 from me and she keeps thinking about getting OXO one b/c a local store here has it for half price. I am sending her a copy of the tips and things from discussion to hopefully convinve her to get mine! HA! I am trying to clean out my cabenits before my samples get here!

I cannot remember which month but it is coming up as the host special soon. Maybe they will want it at 60% off.

Just got this tip from my ED (I feel so funny using that.... ;)) - I use mine to spin grease off hamburger & sausage. I did this at my show Saturday & it was awesome.

The host was commenting about how little grease the sausage had it the skillet. We put it in the spinner & got 3/4 cup of grease. The sausage was crumbled very small using the Mix N Chop & still didn't go through the holes. I used the small basket for 1 lb. Just used a small mix 'n scraper to clean the bowl out. Worked awesome & Everyone was amazed. I sold two full price & booked an April show for someone else who was wanting one.

jrstephens said:
I have been trying to convince a friend to buy the one I earned for $25 from me and she keeps thinking about getting OXO one b/c a local store here has it for half price. I am sending her a copy of the tips and things from discussion to hopefully convinve her to get mine! HA! I am trying to clean out my cabenits before my samples get here!

Jennifer why wouldn't you want to use this product at your shows? :confused: During the summer I sell a ton because I do take them to the shows and spin out the salads! I also educate them on why spinning is worth it!

Great tips, Thanks:) . Keep them coming!

April Host Special - tell them to book a show and get it 60% off.

If they object to a cooking show, tell them to collect $150 in orders for you.

...just did this today as a matter of fact...

I love the Salad Spinner! I use it a lot for fruit too. If I do fruit platters in the summer, I spin the grapes, blueberries, strawberries, etc. It's amazing how much water they would have been sitting in. PLUS, if you spin salad, you can use less salad dressing since it actually can STICK to the leafs! I love the other tips! That's great!

chefann said:
You can use both inserts as colanders; serve salad in the bowl; dry off pasta so sauce sticks to it better; invert the inserts over food at picnics to keep bugs away; even use it to spin-dry hand-washed delicates (please wash well after this use, before using it for food. :) )
Drying panty hose! Glad I'm not the only one that suggests that!
I sold 2 this weekend just by mentioning that you can measure your dressing and spin it into your salad. Personally, I use the actual bowl more than anything. It's the only big bowl I own!

crystalscookingnow said:
Just got this tip from my ED (I feel so funny using that.... ;)) - I use mine to spin grease off hamburger & sausage. I did this at my show Saturday & it was awesome.

The host was commenting about how little grease the sausage had it the skillet. We put it in the spinner & got 3/4 cup of grease. The sausage was crumbled very small using the Mix N Chop & still didn't go through the holes. I used the small basket for 1 lb. Just used a small mix 'n scraper to clean the bowl out. Worked awesome & Everyone was amazed. I sold two full price & booked an April show for someone else who was wanting one.

:eek: OH MY!! I love this idea!:love:

Love the idea of spinning the ground beef/sausage!

I love my spinner - I use it for pasta, black beans & corn for salads, herbs, berries, washed veggies for salads....when I do the Salad Chopper salsa, I wash all of the veggies, and throw them in the spinner to dry them off before chopping them. I know it's not necessary - but it's a good way to show how well the spinner works.

When I do the Southwestern Layered Salad - it's great to use for all of the different veggies, lettuce, and black beans. I always talk about how salad gets soggy as it sits, because of all the extra water, and how the salad spinner will help keep your salad fresh and crisp for much longer!

I think for the power cooking shows with the 3 lbs. of hamburger it will be awesome! Much less time consuming than draining all that meat through a strainer or something.

Some of these ideas are great! We were selling alot of the salad spinners and DCB in the fall. We would spin a pre-washed bag of salad, lay it out nice on a platter, stressing how much water came off, then make a pork tenderloin in the DCB spice it and the lay it on top of the salad. We would serve it with Ken's light asian salad dressing....people were going crazy for it. Sold quite a few of both items this way & definitely helped to book shows so they could either get them on special or at 1/2 price. Even gave one to my mother for Christmas & she says she's using it almost every day. Go figure. We also love ours & use it on a regular basis.

PamperedChefDude said:
Some of these ideas are great! We were selling alot of the salad spinners and DCB in the fall. We would spin a pre-washed bag of salad, lay it out nice on a platter, stressing how much water came off, then make a pork tenderloin in the DCB spice it and the lay it on top of the salad. We would serve it with Ken's light asian salad dressing....people were going crazy for it. Sold quite a few of both items this way & definitely helped to book shows so they could either get them on special or at 1/2 price. Even gave one to my mother for Christmas & she says she's using it almost every day. Go figure. We also love ours & use it on a regular basis.

We love ours too - and my 3 yr old has claimed the title of "chief spinner."! Whenever I start dinner prep, he runs out to the kitchen asking if I have anything for him to spin.:)

Didn't we have a thread going last year when this came out of all the creative ideas for the salad spinner?

My nail tech is hosting a catalog show right now for me (she's doing it to help me, not so much for herself). She's asking all of her customers if they want to purchase any PC besides having her friends and family purchase. Anyway, she is looking forward to getting the salad spinner as one of her items.

ChefBeckyD said:
Love the idea of spinning the ground beef/sausage!

I love my spinner - I use it for pasta, black beans & corn for salads, herbs, berries, washed veggies for salads....when I do the Salad Chopper salsa, I wash all of the veggies, and throw them in the spinner to dry them off before chopping them. I know it's not necessary - but it's a good way to show how well the spinner works.

When I do the Southwestern Layered Salad - it's great to use for all of the different veggies, lettuce, and black beans. I always talk about how salad gets soggy as it sits, because of all the extra water, and how the salad spinner will help keep your salad fresh and crisp for much longer!
DUH!:rolleyes: I never thought of using it for black beans. I could have done that at every January show. duh.

1. What is the Salad and Berry Spinner and what does it do?

The Salad and Berry Spinner is a kitchen tool that helps you quickly and easily clean and dry salad greens, fruits, and berries. It works by spinning the greens or berries in a colander, using centrifugal force to remove excess water and dirt.

2. Why is the Salad and Berry Spinner priced at $50?

The Salad and Berry Spinner is made of high-quality materials and is designed to be durable and long-lasting. It also has a unique spinning mechanism that makes it more efficient than other salad spinners on the market. The price reflects the quality and functionality of the product.

3. What do people like about the Salad and Berry Spinner?

Customers who have used the Salad and Berry Spinner appreciate how it makes the task of cleaning and drying greens and berries much quicker and easier. They also like that it is well-made and durable, and that it can be used for a variety of other kitchen tasks.

4. Are there any other uses for the Salad and Berry Spinner?

Yes, the Salad and Berry Spinner can also be used to dry other types of produce such as vegetables, herbs, and even pasta. It can also be used to mix salad dressings or marinades by adding the ingredients and spinning them together.

5. Do you have any suggestions for using the Salad and Berry Spinner?

To get the most out of your Salad and Berry Spinner, make sure to thoroughly wash your produce before using it in the spinner. Also, be sure to spin the greens or berries in small batches for best results. And after use, clean the spinner by hand or in the dishwasher to keep it in good condition for future use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
DizziePixie
  • JAE
  • Products and Tips
Replies