• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Delicious Chicken in a Round Covered Baker - A Must-Try Recipe!

I'm curious as to how large it is. Seems like a perfect size for a family or couple. If you're planning on the penne pasta, for instance, cut it in half, make it, dump into the DCB to keep warm, and then make the other half while they wait.The Deep Covered Baker can hold up to 2 quarts, so it would be perfect for feeding a family or couple.
I love the new round covered baker. I made the Tempting Tuna recipe that comes with the dish and my husband really liked it.

I also wanted to make an anti pasta salad for just my husband and myself, so I put 1 cup of elbow macaroni and 1 1/4 cups of water in it and microwaved it for 8 minutes and the pasta was cooked and hardly any water left in dish. If cooking in smaller quantities this is great

evk1972 said:
My lid does not fit right....it rocks and wobbles. Anyone having that issue?

Mine does too. Wondering if it because it is stone, and not perfect. Considering sending it back but not sure if I am just being overly picky. anyone else besides us have this issue?

I've had the wobbly problem a lot with customers who have purchased DCBs lately. Because it is stoneware and the pieces are hand fired individually (this is what HO says when you call them) a little wobble it normal. So what I'm telling folks if they have this problem with the DCB is if it wobbles left to right and top to bottom or wobbles more than an inch one way to get it replaced, but a little wobble is normal and all 3 (yes, I said 3) of my DCBs wobble at least some. Honestly, I haven't taken either of my RCBs out of the box yet (I was on vacation right after launch and then the stomach bug hit our house HARD) but now that I can keep food down, you guys are making me hungry with all these recipes! Not sure how I'll be fitting in my swimsuit for the cruise with all the cake recipes! But I'm going to have to try that lemon one tonight since we are rushing back and forth between our daughter's activities tonight on Valentine's Day and lemon cake is my hubby's favorite! :)

ShelbyMichalek said:
I made the quick bread for DCB in the RCB (halved ingredients)
It turned out fantastic!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/404222_10151242991675314_895215313_22775967_1450281599_n.jpg

Nicely done, I was just popping in to share my results as well. Halving my original recipe works well and I also reduced the mixing, kneading and punching down time by about 25% to avoid overworking the smaller loaf size

Looks like we have a fabulous new multifunction piece that doubles as a bread machine.

:)

Attachments

• bread 1.jpg
    bread 1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 499
  • bread 2.jpg
    bread 2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 500
  • bread 3.jpg
    bread 3.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 502
Thrilled to see others already making the half batch of Artisanal Bread in the new RCB. Nicely done.

I was just popping in to share my results as well. Halving my original recipe works well and I also reduced the mixing, kneading and punching down time by about 25% to avoid overworking the smaller loaf size

Looks like we have a fabulous new multifunction piece that doubles as a bread machine.

Attachments

• bread 1.jpg
    bread 1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 488
  • bread 2.jpg
    bread 2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 487
  • bread 3.jpg
    bread 3.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 483
babywings76 said:
For those planning on using the RCB for cakes, are you using 1/2 a mix? I'd be nervous of it overflowing if you used a whole box.

I attempted an entire box as an experiment tonight, let me just say. Don't do it unless your microwave already needs cleaning! I stopped mine at about 5 minutes and the mix had already gone all over the turntable and underneath it. It wasn't hard to clean up, just don't know how much further it would have gone if I had left it going.

in the lemon cake what flavor frosting are you using? lemon i assume... or are you using cream cheese?

sorry, just saw the original post have a cat who keeps playing w my keyboard.

Oracle said:
Thrilled to see others already making the half batch of Artisanal Bread in the new RCB. Nicely done.

I was just popping in to share my results as well. Halving my original recipe works well and I also reduced the mixing, kneading and punching down time by about 25% to avoid overworking the smaller loaf size

Yep, that's what I did as well, halved the recipe and reduced preparation times by about 25%. It's beautiful. And anyone realize that the Artichoke Dip Bread Bowl.... Um... here's your HOMEMADE bread for THAT!

Yes, It was the lemon frosting that I used. Since my last post I tried one that I added fresh blueberries on top and drizzled with the blueberry lemon sauce. Very pretty and quite tasty!

pchockeymom said:
You cannot put frozen chicken breasts directly in/on ANY stone! The recipes that use frozen chicken are "caserole" type, with rice and sauce, etc. If you put frozen chicken in the dcb or the rcb or any other stone, then cook, you will shock it and it will break.

I often cook chicken breasts from frozen in the microwave in my DCB (and will in the RCB). I don't do it on defrost either... works perfectly, just takes a few minutes longer. Maybe it's not a good idea in the oven, but it works in the microwave??

cheflorraine said:
I often cook chicken breasts from frozen in the microwave in my DCB (and will in the RCB). I don't do it on defrost either... works perfectly, just takes a few minutes longer. Maybe it's not a good idea in the oven, but it works in the microwave??
...until it cracks and breaks. :cry: Ask me how I know. I will NEVER again put frozen chicken in my DCB. It's too much money to replace again- even at 60% off.

ChefBeckyD said:
...until it cracks and breaks. :cry: Ask me how I know. I will NEVER again put frozen chicken in my DCB. It's too much money to replace again- even at 60% off.

Oh no... !!! I guess I've just been lucky so far. Thanks for letting me know!

Has anyone tried to use the regular recipe for the Artisan Bread in the Round Covered Baker? I love making it for my shows in the DCB, but it only rises to be half the depth of the baker. I've considered doubling or at least increasing to 1 1/2 times the recipe. Wondered if the Round Baker would be just the right size for the whole recipe, or if it would run over?

The lava cake is 1/2 the cake mix 1/2 the frosting and 6 minutes! Feeds 4 people!! YUMMY!

ChefAlicia said:
I love the new round covered baker. I made the Tempting Tuna recipe that comes with the dish and my husband really liked it.

I also wanted to make an anti pasta salad for just my husband and myself, so I put 1 cup of elbow macaroni and 1 1/4 cups of water in it and microwaved it for 8 minutes and the pasta was cooked and hardly any water left in dish. If cooking in smaller quantities this is great

Do you happen to have the Tempting Tuna recipe that you could post? I can't for the life of me find the Use and Care that I got with my RCB (I think my husband might have thrown it away :() and can't find the recipe online. Wanted to try it for a meatless meal this Friday.

I make the lemon cake with the lemon frosting, and drizzle thawed raspberries on each piece very pretty and compliment each other well. I did not like our blueberry lemon sauce at all.

i make the artisan bread in it and 1/2 the recipe

I was looking for the new Tuna recipe too! Anyone willing to share? I googled it and still came up empty handed. : )T

terimayo said:
I was looking for the new Tuna recipe too! Anyone willing to share? I googled it and still came up empty handed. : )T

It's in the use & care that came in with the rcb

pchockeymom said:
It's in the use & care that came in with the rcb

Thats the problem... I dont have my RCB yet! But wanted to try it anyway! : )T

Tempting Tuna Casserole
Ingredients:
4 oz (125 g) uncooked elbow macaroni noodles
1 cup (250 mL) chicken broth
1/2 can (10.7 oz/284 mL) condensed cream of celery soup (about 1/2 cup/125 mL)
1/4 cup (50 mL) sour cream
2 tbsp (30 mL) milk
1 can (5 oz or 170 g) water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar cheese, divided

1/4 cup (50 mL) thinly sliced celery
1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) finely chopped onion
1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp (1 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
3/4 cup (175 mL) frozen peas, thawed
2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and diced
Directions:
1. Combine noodles and broth in Round Covered Baker. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 7–9 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring once. Meanwhile, combine soup, sour cream, milk, tuna, 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the cheddar cheese, celery, onion, parsley and black pepper in large mixing bowl; mix well.
2. Add soup mixture, peas and tomatoes to baker; mix well. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 4–6 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Top with remaining cheese; cover and let stand 3–5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 4 servings

ChefAlicia said:

I made the Tempting Tuna as well and my family went CRAZY for it - I doubled the recipe and made it in the DCB the 2nd time and it was perfect for a family of 5!!!

I have made the below recipe several times in my Classic Batter Bowl. No need to dirty any measuring cups and the best part is that you do not have to cook the noodles since you put it together the night before. I think I will combine the recipes in the future since I felt like the below recipe lacks garlic or cayenne--perhaps the parsley and black pepper makes the difference. If you use the quick cook pasta, it greatly decreases the cooking time too.

Overnight Tuna Casserole

Ingredients:

1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted

1 cup milk

1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained (I used two packets)

1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni

1 cup frozen peas

1/2 cup chopped green onions

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided

Directions:

1. In a bowl, combine soup and milk until smooth. Add the tuna, macaroni, peas, onions and 3/4 cup cheese; mix well. Pour into a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Microwave, covered, on high for 15-17 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and let stand for 5 minutes or until melted.

I found the duncan hines cupcake 9 oz mix at the local K mart and I went to Jiffy's website and found a local market that carries the yellow cake mixes. I can't wait to make the molten lava the dump cake has been a huge hit at the last few parties large and small they all love sampling it.
Also I can't wait to make the fast rise in the round baker I have been making the other in the DCB and frustrated with the rise time not that good at planning ahead for family meals
Thanks everyone for being such an awesome sharing community!!

Wonder if the bread recipe could be made w/foccia ingredients?

So what is the bread recipe?

I'm doing the upside down pineapple cake tonight at my show.
I was originally going to do them in the brownie pans (2 of them, as I believe the recipe will fit two pans)... instead I was thinking of only using one brownie pan and the other half in the round covered baker and give it to the host. How long in the microwave with the RCB? 4 minutes?

GinaG623 said:
I'm doing the upside down pineapple cake tonight at my show.
I was originally going to do them in the brownie pans (2 of them, as I believe the recipe will fit two pans)... instead I was thinking of only using one brownie pan and the other half in the round covered baker and give it to the host.

How long in the microwave with the RCB? 4 minutes?

how long did you microwave in the RCB??

Nashutty said:
how long did you microwave in the RCB??

I didn't make that cake but I did another and it took 6 minutes. Check after 4 and judge from there.

I found the tempting tuna in the recipe's section on PC BEFORE logging in as a consultant, for some reason, there are a lot more recipe's available as a customer than signing in as a consultant...

chellb1234 said:
I found the tempting tuna in the recipe's section on PC BEFORE logging in as a consultant, for some reason, there are a lot more recipe's available as a customer than signing in as a consultant...
I have noticed that before, too. Kinda weird....it would seem like we should be able to have lots of access then be able to share with customers and contacts....

evk1972 said:
My lid does not fit right....it rocks and wobbles. Anyone having that issue?

Whenever you make a ceramic piece w/a lid you always fire it with the lid on. The pieces were probably fired separately. When the bisqueware is re-fired with glaze there could be a difference in the glaze coverage. I will have to check this when I get my baker.

I'm a brand new consultant and I am trying hard to reach $1250 in sales so that I can get a RCB (I signed up in April). I am already totally in love with the DCB and I have to say that you guys are making me so excited about this RCB. My motivation is through the roof.

Homemade bread bowl for artichoke dip?!? I can't say that's ever something I thought I could do/have time for. What a hit for a future show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefLisa
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefLisa
Replies
Views
esavvymom