ROund Covered Baker!!!!

Discussion in 'Products and Tips' started by sassypip, Feb 7, 2012.

1. sassypip

sassypip Silver Member

Just made 3 chicken breast in 15 minutes! Totally done and YUMMY!!
    I think this is going to sell, sell sell!! Can't wait to show this! :sing:

2. chefsteph07

chefsteph07

That's awesome! Anyone who is going to use this at shows, what are you going to make in it? Are you also going to show the "original" Deep Covered Baker? I really want to take my round one to shows but I still love the DCB for "main meals".

3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Gold Member

I'm wondering if you can do the regular fajita recipe in it! It would be smaller to take to shows than the DCB but you can promote the DCB for families vs the RCB for singles or couples.

4. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Gold Member

I will only take it to shows where I think the microwave is too small. Maybe keep it in the car in case... Or if I'm making something smaller, like 2 chicken breasts for chicken buffalo dip...

I wonder... They said current recipes for the DCB work if they are halved. Would you change the times too?

5. esavvymom

esavvymom CS Leader Staff Member

I think this will be great if you are just needing to cook a few chicken breasts for a recipe. It lighter for me to carry, gives me great excuse to talk about it, and then talk about the DCB using the catalog (or other customers!!) - or use the DCB for a cake.

I would still carry my DCB "cookbook" collection of recipes that we can get from the Files....to thumb through all of the recipes someone would get when they purchase the DCB...mention that by halving most of the DCB recipes, you can use the RCB too!

6. Chef Gilles

Chef Gilles Gold Member

I will probably keep using the DCB to cook a chicken at shows (then bring it home for my own consumption, which is explained before I start...that we will not be using the chicken but I will be cutting through to make sure they see it is well cooked after one 25 minutes). When most people say they can't afford the DCB, I will be able to show them the smaller version at a better price.

7. Tracy99

Tracy99 Gold Member

So what do you feed the guests? Or do you do this as a side demo and something else while it is cooking? Just confused as to why you cook a chicken but don't feed anyone.

8. Chef Gilles

Chef Gilles Gold Member

Oh it is just a side. The chicken cooks while I'm demoing a few more recipes. It shows the guests how well and quick the DCB works. The chicken is actually used for MY chicken salad sandwiches for work the next day. Got to do time management well...lol

9. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Silver Member

This is the only item on the open stock list I really want.

It will be great for workplace shows, side dishes, and any environment where the microwave is too small. Can you imagine a lava cake in there? Yum!

If you're planning on the penne pasta, for instance, cut it in half, make it, dump into the DCB to keep warm, and then make the other half while they wait.

I would never tease my guests with a chicken they couldn't eat!

10. Pampered Angel

Pampered Angel

Mine was dellivered yesterday FREE to me for submitting 2 shows in December. I can't wait to use it. I'm going to try a recipe tonight, but I'm at work and my baker is of course at home...does anyone know it's capacity? 2 qt?

TIA!

11. chefsteph07

chefsteph07

It says it is 6 cups.

12. Pampered Angel

Pampered Angel

13. esavvymom

esavvymom CS Leader Staff Member

Lol....that is pure evil and a torture of a whole new level! I have heard of cooking the chicken and leaving if for the hist as a "gift" of sorts for them to eat later though.

14. chefheidi2003

chefheidi2003 Gold Member

I earned my in December and got it yesterday. I am so excited to use it. I am planning on bringing mine into to work and making lunch sometimes. Even if we have to eat in shifts. But the DCB is too big for our microwave. But since we don't get lunch breaks that might be a better option.

15. monique64

monique64 Gold Member

How long do you cook a chicken breast for? Fresh or Frozen? Thanks!

16. reneeg18

reneeg18

I'm really excited that this was the free product we earned for submitting 2 shows in December! My DH saw this one when they released all the new product info on Monday, and straight up said that come h*ll or high water, he wanted one. He was completely stoked when my RCB arrived the next day. I've got a show on Feb. 18, and the host wants to do the Lava Cake as one of her two recipes (the other is the cookie truffles from the holiday mini-catalog) and I'm going to use the RCB to do the cake in.

I'm curious too... How long do you microwave the chicken in the RCB to get it completely done? I eat a LOT of chicken and this info would certainly save me some time.

17. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Gold Member

Last night I cooked 2 large, boneless, skinless fresh chicken breasts covered in the microwave for 7 minutes. (I left the cover on for about 10 more minutes to let them finish cooking and cool a bit.) They were perfect! It was my first time using the RCB, so I oiled the bottom with vegetable oil, sprinkled the bottom with Chipotle Seasoning, added the breasts and sprinkled their tops. I love this new version of the DCB! :love:​

18. Tracy99

Tracy99 Gold Member

I think I will do this tonight. I was looking for meatloaf in the SRB but when I checked the freezer I didn't have any ground beef after all. So chicken it is. Plus I am doing fries with the new french fry cutter. Yummy

19. babywings76

babywings76 Gold Member

For those planning on using the RCB for cakes, are you using 1/2 a mix? I'd be nervous of it overflowing if you used a whole box.

20. ChefBevShu

ChefBevShu Gold Member

I was thinking of making a Jiffy cake mix in the RCB...do you think that would work? I think the Jiffy mix is only for a one layer cake.

21. pchockeymom

pchockeymom

You cannot put frozen chicken breasts directly in/on ANY stone! The recipes that use frozen chicken are "caserole" type, with rice and sauce, etc. If you put frozen chicken in the dcb or the rcb or any other stone, then cook, you will shock it and it will break.

22. lt1jane

lt1jane Gold Member

I defrost frozed chicken breasts in my Mini-Baker all the time. I specifically defrost them first in the microwave on defrost. I have had no problems and have been doing this for years.

23. Malinda Klein

Malinda Klein Gold Member

I halved the macaroni and cheese recipe and the RCB overflowed - and made quite a mess...I'm afraid the grilled chicken al fresco or jiffy cake would do the same thing. anyone else want to try?

24. KateInTheKitchen

KateInTheKitchen Gold Member

I cooked turkey breasts in the RCB tonight... sprinkled with the dijon mustard rub and microwaved for about 12 min and they were perfect. I'm going to be playing around with this one a lot.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  25. ShelbyMichalek

ShelbyMichalek

I made the quick bread for DCB in the RCB (halved ingredients)
    It turned out fantastic!!

[​IMG]