• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Delicious Chicken in a Round Covered Baker - A Must-Try Recipe!

I'm curious as to how large it is. Seems like a perfect size for a family or couple. If you're planning on the penne pasta, for instance, cut it in half, make it, dump into the DCB to keep warm, and then make the other half while they wait.The Deep Covered Baker can hold up to 2 quarts, so it would be perfect for feeding a family or couple.
sassypip
Silver Member
Just made 3 chicken breast in 15 minutes! Totally done and YUMMY!!
I think this is going to sell, sell sell!! Can't wait to show this! :sing:

That's awesome! Anyone who is going to use this at shows, what are you going to make in it? Are you also going to show the "original" Deep Covered Baker? I really want to take my round one to shows but I still love the DCB for "main meals".

I'm wondering if you can do the regular fajita recipe in it! It would be smaller to take to shows than the DCB but you can promote the DCB for families vs the RCB for singles or couples.

I will only take it to shows where I think the microwave is too small. Maybe keep it in the car in case... Or if I'm making something smaller, like 2 chicken breasts for chicken buffalo dip...I wonder... They said current recipes for the DCB work if they are halved. Would you change the times too?

I think this will be great if you are just needing to cook a few chicken breasts for a recipe. It lighter for me to carry, gives me great excuse to talk about it, and then talk about the DCB using the catalog (or other customers!!) - or use the DCB for a cake.I would still carry my DCB "cookbook" collection of recipes that we can get from the Files....to thumb through all of the recipes someone would get when they purchase the DCB...mention that by halving most of the DCB recipes, you can use the RCB too!

I will probably keep using the DCB to cook a chicken at shows (then bring it home for my own consumption, which is explained before I start...that we will not be using the chicken but I will be cutting through to make sure they see it is well cooked after one 25 minutes). When most people say they can't afford the DCB, I will be able to show them the smaller version at a better price.

Chef Gilles said:
I will probably keep using the DCB to cook a chicken at shows (then bring it home for my own consumption, which is explained before I start...that we will not be using the chicken but I will be cutting through to make sure they see it is well cooked after one 25 minutes). When most people say they can't afford the DCB, I will be able to show them the smaller version at a better price.

So what do you feed the guests? Or do you do this as a side demo and something else while it is cooking? Just confused as to why you cook a chicken but don't feed anyone.

Tracy99 said:
So what do you feed the guests? Or do you do this as a side demo and something else while it is cooking? Just confused as to why you cook a chicken but don't feed anyone.

Oh it is just a side. The chicken cooks while I'm demoing a few more recipes. It shows the guests how well and quick the DCB works. The chicken is actually used for MY chicken salad sandwiches for work the next day. Got to do time management well...lol

This is the only item on the open stock list I really want.

It will be great for workplace shows, side dishes, and any environment where the microwave is too small. Can you imagine a lava cake in there? Yum!

If you're planning on the penne pasta, for instance, cut it in half, make it, dump into the DCB to keep warm, and then make the other half while they wait.

I would never tease my guests with a chicken they couldn't eat!

Mine was dellivered yesterday FREE to me for submitting 2 shows in December. I can't wait to use it. I'm going to try a recipe tonight, but I'm at work and my baker is of course at home...does anyone know it's capacity? 2 qt?

TIA!

It says it is 6 cups.

Thanks so much!!!

Chef Gilles said:
Oh it is just a side. The chicken cooks while I'm demoing a few more recipes. It shows the guests how well and quick the DCB works. The chicken is actually used for MY chicken salad sandwiches for work the next day. Got to do time management well...lol

Lol....that is pure evil and a torture of a whole new level! I have heard of cooking the chicken and leaving if for the hist as a "gift" of sorts for them to eat later though.

I earned my in December and got it yesterday. I am so excited to use it. I am planning on bringing mine into to work and making lunch sometimes. Even if we have to eat in shifts. But the DCB is too big for our microwave. But since we don't get lunch breaks that might be a better option.

How long do you cook a chicken breast for? Fresh or Frozen? Thanks!

I'm really excited that this was the free product we earned for submitting 2 shows in December! My DH saw this one when they released all the new product info on Monday, and straight up said that come h*ll or high water, he wanted one. He was completely stoked when my RCB arrived the next day. I've got a show on Feb. 18, and the host wants to do the Lava Cake as one of her two recipes (the other is the cookie truffles from the holiday mini-catalog) and I'm going to use the RCB to do the cake in. I'm curious too... How long do you microwave the chicken in the RCB to get it completely done? I eat a LOT of chicken and this info would certainly save me some time.

monique64 said:

Last night I cooked 2 large, boneless, skinless fresh chicken breasts covered in the microwave for 7 minutes. (I left the cover on for about 10 more minutes to let them finish cooking and cool a bit.) They were perfect! It was my first time using the RCB, so I oiled the bottom with vegetable oil, sprinkled the bottom with Chipotle Seasoning, added the breasts and sprinkled their tops. I love this new version of the DCB! :love:​

LeslieSGI said:
Last night I cooked 2 large, boneless, skinless fresh chicken breasts covered in the microwave for 7 minutes. (I left the cover on for about 10 more minutes to let them finish cooking and cool a bit.) They were perfect! It was my first time using the RCB, so I oiled the bottom with vegetable oil, sprinkled the bottom with Chipotle Seasoning, added the breasts and sprinkled their tops. I love this new version of the DCB! :love:​

I think I will do this tonight. I was looking for meatloaf in the SRB but when I checked the freezer I didn't have any ground beef after all. So chicken it is. Plus I am doing fries with the new french fry cutter. Yummy

For those planning on using the RCB for cakes, are you using 1/2 a mix? I'd be nervous of it overflowing if you used a whole box.

babywings76 said:
For those planning on using the RCB for cakes, are you using 1/2 a mix? I'd be nervous of it overflowing if you used a whole box.

I was thinking of making a Jiffy cake mix in the RCB...do you think that would work? I think the Jiffy mix is only for a one layer cake.

monique64 said:

You cannot put frozen chicken breasts directly in/on ANY stone! The recipes that use frozen chicken are "caserole" type, with rice and sauce, etc. If you put frozen chicken in the dcb or the rcb or any other stone, then cook, you will shock it and it will break.

I defrost frozed chicken breasts in my Mini-Baker all the time. I specifically defrost them first in the microwave on defrost. I have had no problems and have been doing this for years.

I halved the macaroni and cheese recipe and the RCB overflowed - and made quite a mess...I'm afraid the grilled chicken al fresco or jiffy cake would do the same thing. anyone else want to try?

I cooked turkey breasts in the RCB tonight... sprinkled with the dijon mustard rub and microwaved for about 12 min and they were perfect. I'm going to be playing around with this one a lot.

Last edited:
I made the quick bread for DCB in the RCB (halved ingredients)
It turned out fantastic!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/404222_10151242991675314_895215313_22775967_1450281599_n.jpg

ShelbyMichalek said:
I made the quick bread for DCB in the RCB (halved ingredients)
It turned out fantastic!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/404222_10151242991675314_895215313_22775967_1450281599_n.jpg

It looks wonderful

That bread looks absolutely delicious.

I can't find the receipe....could someone re-post it please:chef:

pkd09 said:
I can't find the recipe....could someone re-post it please:chef:

This is originally from user "oracle" with my notes added from everyone's comments (in the Recipe Tips thread):

The quickest yeast bread you'll ever make. Warm, fresh, crusty on the outside and soft on the inside, delicious homemade bread in just over an hour and for about $1.

Ingredients:
5-6 cups all-purpose flour (you can substitute whole wheat flour for 1 or 2 cups)
2 tablespoons dry yeast (regular, NOT rapid rise, yeast) (OR 2 packets rapid)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon salt
2 cups hot water (120° to 130°) Note: water temperature is critical to proper yeast activation - use PC instant read thermometer!

Directions:
1. Grease the Deep Covered Baker and the bowl that you'll let the bread rise in. Set aside.
2. Combine 4 cups of the flour, the yeast, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the hot water and three minutes with a mixer (or 100 stokes by hand). Add the remaining flour (I've never needed to add more than 1 cup) until the dough is no longer sticky. Knead the dough for 8 minutes on a floured surface, (4 minutes in the mixer) adding flour as needed to prevent sticking.
3. Place the dough in the greased bowl and cover with a damp towel. Let rise 15 minutes. Remove dough to floured surface, punch or fold down (3 minutes should do it) and shape into a large loaf. Place the dough in deep covered baker.
4. Cut a slit about 1/2 inch deep along the top of the loaf and several small slits on either side of the first slit. It will look a little like a branch with leaves when you are done.
5. Put the lid on the baker and place in a COLD oven. Turn oven to 400° and bake for 50 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover, gasp in amazement, remove loaf from baker to cool on a rack.
(Make half a recipe in the Round Covered Baker.)​

Thank you! My mouth is watering just looking at it

I think that photo will be my new desktop background. YUM.

I agree with Bobbi! That is one beautiful loaf of bread!!!

I made a cake in it last night and it was absolutely delicious! I used a white Jiffy cake mix, lemon frosting and zest of a lemon. Then made a glaze with powdered sugar and lemon juice. Only took 4 minutes in the microwave!!! I don't think it lasted much longer than that once my family tied into it!

tammym said:
I made a cake in it last night and it was absolutely delicious! I used a white Jiffy cake mix, lemon frosting and zest of a lemon. Then made a glaze with powdered sugar and lemon juice. Only took 4 minutes in the microwave!!! I don't think it lasted much longer than that once my family tied into it!

Wow! 4 minutes?! I wish I could find those Jiffy mixes here. I can never find anything other than corn muffin mix made by Jiffy. I usually just end up dividing a box mix in half. This sounds great, though! I'll have to try it!

Is is my favorite! Even better than the chocolate lava!

tammym said:

Did you turn it onto a dinner plate or serve it out of the RCB?

babywings76 said:
Wow! 4 minutes?! I wish I could find those Jiffy mixes here. I can never find anything other than corn muffin mix made by Jiffy. I usually just end up dividing a box mix in half. This sounds great, though! I'll have to try it!

Look for the Duncan Hines cupcake mixes instead. They are with the cake mixes, and usually towards the top shelf at my stores. But those are the same size as a Jiffy mix, and typically easier to find I have found.

I posted in the New Recipes thread that I want to try to make the lemon cherry crumble cake in the RCB by using a smaller cake mix. It would be perfect for a small family to avoid tons of leftovers!

I have made 2 cakes one the apple dump cake with the Jiffy yellow mix and it was done in 5 minutes and was awesome.
I made the molten lava but after mixing the cake ingredients in the batter bowl I only poured in half with 3 med scoops if icing I liked it but want to try it with more icing My husband like it he had 2nds lol

tammym said:

Okay, I apologize in advance for being annoying ;) :

But, just to clarify, you bought a Jiffy mix, mixed it according to the directions on the box, poured it in the RCB, plopped the frosting on (1/2 tub?), covered it and microwaved it for 4 minutes, THEN glazed it once it was done baking?

:)

Yes, but I only used about 4 small scoops of the frosting. Makes it nice cause you can get about 3 cakes out of one tub this way. It was moist and really tasty.

Fantastic, thank you! This is perfect for shows with no-so-high attendance!!

That's exactly what I was thinking! It was perfect for our family of four. Cut in 6 decent size servings. And you have to love 4 minutes!!!!:)

I am assuming the bread was baked in the oven. looks too brown for micro

sorry, duh just read your directions for the oven! Can't wait to try it

I baked 3 chicken breasts in the RCB in the oven for 25m, then let sit for 10m (lid on entire time) and it was AMAZING! I cooked another breast on the medium bar pan just to compare, and while I've always loved chicken on the stone, the rcb is the way to go! SOOO tender and juicy, it blew me away!

Tonight I'll try to microwave just to see the results... fun!

I made the lava cake with Jiffy last night. It took 4 minutes and was awesome. Thank you so much for sharing. I love this site.

I tried a new version this morning. I toasted coconut and pecans in the rcb for about 1 1/2 minutes. Then I topped with the chocolate batter and 4 scoops of frosting and microwaved for 4 minutes. Turned out onto a plate and drizzled with melted chocolate. Looks like something I would buy at a bakery and took me about 8 minutes! Thinking the rcb might work for a layer cake, as well?? Tonight I plan to try the lemon version but serve with the new lemon-blueberry sauce. Can't wait to try it!

I baked 3 large stuffed peppers in the RCB tonight, in the oven. I think 4 would fit, but I had a package of 3, uncovered.

My lid does not fit right....it rocks and wobbles. Anyone having that issue?

tammym said:
I tried a new version this morning. I toasted coconut and pecans in the rcb for about 1 1/2 minutes. Then I topped with the chocolate batter and 4 scoops of frosting and microwaved for 4 minutes. Turned out onto a plate and drizzled with melted chocolate. Looks like something I would buy at a bakery and took me about 8 minutes! Thinking the rcb might work for a layer cake, as well?? Tonight I plan to try the lemon version but serve with the new lemon-blueberry sauce. Can't wait to try it!

Wow, that sounds really good! Thanks for sharing! :)

<h2>What is the recipe for the Quick & Delicious Chicken in a Round Covered Baker?</h2><p>The recipe calls for chicken breast, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and any desired additional seasonings. It also requires the use of the Pampered Chef Round Covered Baker, which can be purchased through a Pampered Chef consultant.</p><h2>How long does it take to cook the chicken in the Round Covered Baker?</h2><p>The recipe boasts that the chicken will be done in just 15 minutes. This is due to the unique design of the Round Covered Baker, which allows for even heat distribution and faster cooking times.</p><h2>Can I use other types of meat with this recipe?</h2><p>While this recipe specifically calls for chicken breast, it can be adapted to use other types of meat such as pork chops or fish. However, cooking times may vary depending on the type and thickness of the meat.</p><h2>Do I need any special skills or tools to make this recipe?</h2><p>No, the Quick & Delicious Chicken in a Round Covered Baker is designed to be an easy and foolproof recipe. As long as you have the Round Covered Baker and basic cooking skills, you should have no trouble making this dish.</p><h2>Where can I purchase the Round Covered Baker?</h2><p>The Round Covered Baker can be purchased through a Pampered Chef consultant, either through a party or directly from their website. It is also available for purchase on third-party retail websites such as Amazon.</p>

What is the recipe for the Quick & Delicious Chicken in a Round Covered Baker?

The recipe calls for chicken breast, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and any desired additional seasonings. It also requires the use of the Pampered Chef Round Covered Baker, which can be purchased through a Pampered Chef consultant.

How long does it take to cook the chicken in the Round Covered Baker?

The recipe boasts that the chicken will be done in just 15 minutes. This is due to the unique design of the Round Covered Baker, which allows for even heat distribution and faster cooking times.

Can I use other types of meat with this recipe?

While this recipe specifically calls for chicken breast, it can be adapted to use other types of meat such as pork chops or fish. However, cooking times may vary depending on the type and thickness of the meat.

Do I need any special skills or tools to make this recipe?

No, the Quick & Delicious Chicken in a Round Covered Baker is designed to be an easy and foolproof recipe. As long as you have the Round Covered Baker and basic cooking skills, you should have no trouble making this dish.

Where can I purchase the Round Covered Baker?

The Round Covered Baker can be purchased through a Pampered Chef consultant, either through a party or directly from their website. It is also available for purchase on third-party retail websites such as Amazon.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• aprilwithpampered
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefLisa
  • Products and Tips
Replies