• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Latest Roughed Up Catalogs from HO - Limited Time Offer!

In summary, the email from HO addressed concerns about the quality of the Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs, stating that the issue was due to a change in how they were shipped. Replacement catalogs are available if any are damaged. The Holiday Mini catalog is now available for purchase on a Supply Order. Some individuals did not notice any issues with their catalogs, but others found them to be flimsier than previous years.
DebPC
Staff member
Read the email from HO about those. Mine came fine. Did anyone get those???

I didn't get an email about this.

The email came last week (Sept 27), entitled "Important Information...." from The Pampered Chef Ltd. But here is what mine said:
Dear Consultant,I want to give you an update on our seasonal catalogs - the Fall/Winter 2013 and Holiday Mini.Fall/Winter 2013 CatalogWe've received feedback from some Consultants regarding the quality of our Fall/Winter catalogs. Please know that there have not been any changes to the weight or quality of the paper or staples. However, we've found that in some cases there was an issue with how the catalogs were shipped to us.Our catalogs have always been shipped to us on banded pallets which stabilized the catalogs. The initial shipment we received for the fall season was not shipped on banded pallets, which allowed the catalog packs to shift, causing some of the covers to loosen or tear.Please know we've worked with our supplier to ensure that their processes are carefully followed for all future shipments. We regret this issue and are dedicated to providing you high-quality materials.Should you have any catalogs that are tearing, please contact the Solution Center at 1-888-OUR-CHEF (687-2433) and choose Option 1; or email [email protected] for replacements. Upon notification, we'll ship replacements to you right away.We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.Holiday Mini CatalogBeginning today, the Holiday Mini is available for purchase on a Supply Order. The Mini includes a center spread, featuring four incredible, ready-to-go product bundles, which are available only Oct. 1-Dec. 31. We want you to have the Holiday Minis in time for your October Shows!Available on a Supply Order:TJ60 Holiday Mini catalog/25 pk., $3.75 (English)
TL45 Holiday Mini catalog/25 pk., $3.75 (Spanish)
Sincerely,Rich Hlava
Chief Operating Officer
I myself didn't notice any issues, but then again, my catalogs are still in their box. (no shows on the horizon)

Thanks for sharing what the email said, still don't know what happened to it, obviuosly it must've gotten deleted by mistake.

The catalogs that came in my change over box were fine, but I did order some more, but haven't opened those yet, Guess i will have to look iat them and see if they are ok too.

Mine have all come ok- but they do seem flimsier than previous years.

I agree - the paper does seem thinner, no matter what they said.

What are "Roughed up Catalogs"?

"Roughed up Catalogs" refers to catalogs that have been handled, used, or stored in a way that has caused them to become damaged, worn, or otherwise less than perfect in appearance.

Why would someone want a roughed up catalog?

Some collectors or enthusiasts may specifically seek out roughed up catalogs as they can provide a unique and authentic glimpse into the history and use of a particular item. Others may find them more affordable than pristine, perfect condition catalogs.

How do catalogs become roughed up?

Catalogs can become roughed up through a variety of ways, such as being handled frequently, stored in damp or humid environments, or being exposed to sunlight or other harsh conditions. They may also be damaged during shipping or handling.

Are roughed up catalogs still valuable?

The value of a roughed up catalog depends on the item being advertised, the rarity of the catalog, and the extent of the damage. Some collectors may actually prefer roughed up catalogs and be willing to pay a premium for them.

How can I preserve a roughed up catalog?

If you want to preserve a roughed up catalog, it is important to handle it with care and store it in a cool, dry place. You may also want to consider using archival-quality materials and storing it in a protective cover or sleeve to prevent further damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • LarissaRed123
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830
  • Intrepid_Chef