• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can the Rock Crok be used for oven cooking and how does it affect cooking time?

In summary, the Rock Crok is a popular item at parties and is known for its ability to quickly cook dishes such as a s'mores cake in 5-8 minutes. While the cooking time may not necessarily change when using the Rock Crok, it is important to monitor the dish and adjust the cooking time accordingly. Cassy has also noted that for casserole-type dishes, the cooking time is usually around 45 minutes regardless of the type of bakeware used.
Mariaandcassy
Hello All! We have a Rock Crok that we always bring to our party's and it usually always leads to the sale of one, but we have had some questions about cooking time and I am not sure how to answer it: "Does oven cooking time change when using the Rock Crok??"We usually always use it at partys to make a cake of some sort in the microwave. Being able to cook a s'mores cake in 5-8 minutes is usually the big seller to moms! It is a fast recipe that doesn't take a lot to do, but a real crowd pleaser!For the cooking time, I know that we can cook a chicken in the microwave(a full frozen chicken in 45 minutes!) , and we have at home with it. It turns out delicious, but we don't use it in the oven at home a lot. We are usually always on the go and usually always use it in the microwave to cut some time. Your help with this would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much!
Cassy

The time doesn't change if you're doing casserole-type food, which I suspect would always be the case with the rock crok..Unlike the stoneware bar pans - cookies/frozen chicken nuggets/oven fries can take a few minutes longer, because the stone takes longer to heat up than a metal cookie sheet. Cookies I find I always need to add about 3 minutes on a bar pan or pizza stone, oven fries maybe up to 10 minutes. But I'd never be cooking those in a rock crok.Casserole-type recipes are usually around 45 minutes no matter if it's metal, pyrex, or rock crok.

Hi Cassy! Great question! The cooking time does not necessarily change when using the Rock Crok. However, because the Rock Crok is made from a unique material that distributes heat evenly, it may cook your dish faster than a traditional bakeware. It is always best to check the recommended cooking time for your specific recipe and then check your dish periodically to ensure it is cooked to your desired level. Happy cooking!

1. How long does it take to cook in the Rock Crok?

The cooking time in the Rock Crok will vary depending on the recipe you are making. However, in general, the Rock Crok is known for its ability to cook food faster than traditional cookware due to its unique material and design. It is recommended to follow the cooking time guidelines provided in the recipe or to use a food thermometer to ensure your food is cooked to the desired temperature.

2. Can I use the Rock Crok on the stovetop?

Yes, the Rock Crok can be used on a stovetop as well as in the oven, microwave, and grill. It is safe for use on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. Just be sure to follow the recommended heat settings for your particular stovetop to prevent any damage to the Rock Crok.

3. Do I need to preheat the Rock Crok before cooking?

It is not necessary to preheat the Rock Crok before cooking, but you may choose to do so for certain recipes. Preheating can help to ensure even cooking and browning. If preheating, be sure to do so gradually and not exceed the recommended heat settings for your stovetop.

4. Can the Rock Crok go in the dishwasher?

Yes, the Rock Crok is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash the Rock Crok to prolong its lifespan. If using a dishwasher, be sure to place the Rock Crok on the top rack and avoid using harsh detergents or abrasive cleaning tools.

5. How do I clean the Rock Crok?

The Rock Crok is easy to clean and maintain. For regular cleaning, simply use warm soapy water and a soft sponge or cloth. For tougher stains or residue, you can use a non-abrasive cleaner or soak the Rock Crok in a mixture of warm water and baking soda. Avoid using metal utensils or abrasive cleaning tools to prevent scratching the surface of the Rock Crok.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mariaandcassy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefpenny99
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies