• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unleash Deliciousness: Rock Crok Recipes for Grilling Perfection

In summary, the Rock Crok is a versatile cooking vessel made of natural clay that can be used on any type of gas grill. It does not need to be seasoned before use, but it is recommended to lightly oil the interior before first use. The Rock Crok is dishwasher safe, but it is best to hand wash it with warm soapy water. It is also suitable for cooking frozen foods on the gas grill as long as recommended cooking times and temperatures are followed.
Merrychef
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be made in the Rock Crok on the grill?
Thanks!

What about scalloped potatoes? When it is hot outside, you don't really want to have your oven on for that long. Indirect heat on the grill, acts as an oven. Or what about boiling water for corn on the cob? Making a rice side dish? If you are already outside barbecuing a main course, you don't want to be running back and forth between indoors and outdoors :)

Something else to mention is that if they are cooking with the RockCrok on an electric stove or microwave and the power goes out, they can transfer their meal to their BBQ :)
(I have never had a gas stove, so I am not sure if they work during a power failure or not.)

Gas stoves will work if they don't have electronic ignition.

ShellBeach said:
Gas stoves will work if they don't have electronic ignition.

And, even then, you can still start the burners and broiler with a match or lighter. The oven won't work, though, without electricity.

As for what to cook, beans are big. Lots of people use their grill almost like an oven in the summer so they don't have to heat up the house. For them, the RockCrok would be perfect.

Thanks for the info on the gas stoves. Greatly appreciated.

1. What is a Rock Crok and how is it used with a gas grill?

The Rock Crok is a versatile cooking vessel made of natural clay and can be used on a gas grill to cook a variety of foods. It can be used for baking, roasting, grilling, and even slow cooking on the grill.

2. Can the Rock Crok be used on all types of gas grills?

Yes, the Rock Crok is designed to be used on any type of gas grill. It is important to make sure the grill is preheated before placing the Rock Crok on the grates to avoid any cracking or damage to the vessel.

3. Do I need to season the Rock Crok before using it on a gas grill?

No, the Rock Crok does not need to be seasoned before use. However, it is recommended to lightly oil the interior of the vessel before using it for the first time to help prevent sticking.

4. How do I clean the Rock Crok after using it on a gas grill?

The Rock Crok is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to prolong its lifespan. Avoid using harsh cleaning products or scouring pads on the vessel, as it can damage the surface.

5. Can I use the Rock Crok on a gas grill to cook frozen foods?

Yes, the Rock Crok is great for cooking frozen foods on a gas grill. Just make sure to follow the recommended cooking times and temperatures for the specific food you are cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered_terry
  • Mariaandcassy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies