• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting White Spots on Roasting Pan - Expert Tips and Product Adjustment

In summary, the white spots on the bottom of the pan were caused by salt, and vinegar can remove them.
pampered.chris
Gold Member
I had a hostess contact me. She used her Roasting Pan for Easter and when she washed it, there are white spots on the bottom of the pan. She just purchased this and received it in the beginning of March, so I still have time to do a product adjustment for her, but what would have caused the white spots? I don't want to have this replaced for her to have it happen again?

Any suggestions?!

Ok this may seem dumb but did she try to wipe it off? Mine get white spots from my water. Or is it White like there is no coating in that spot?

If it doesn't wipe off, maybe she got a pan that the finish isn't baked on properly. I would do an adjustment if she can't "clean" them off!

What did she cook in the roasting pan? I had another roasting pan that after I cooked a turkey I had white marks, and they never came off that pan. I have the PC roasting pan too, but I haven't roasted anything in it yet.

I will be curious to see what the HO has to say.

She made a Ham in it for Easter. First time she has used it and she has tried to clean it off multiple times with soap and water. I am doing the adjustment to get her a new pan, but she wanted "tips" to make sure this doesn't happen again. I really have no idea what she could have done for it to do that. Thanks!!

My Roasting pan got these too. I used Soft Scrub and it comes off. But let's see what HO has to say. And why do these spots appear?
Deb

Could salt cause the spots?? The first time I used mine I put my turkey in it and seasoned it the night before so the seasoning could soak in and I got spots, they aren't as noticable after a while but I just assumed it was the salt. Ham has alot of salt as well. I don't have any scientific info, just a hunch.

pampered.chris said:
She made a Ham in it for Easter. First time she has used it and she has tried to clean it off multiple times with soap and water. I am doing the adjustment to get her a new pan, but she wanted "tips" to make sure this doesn't happen again. I really have no idea what she could have done for it to do that. Thanks!!

I would call the Test Kitchens about this~I have the pan and roasted a ham for Easter and have done many other items in it with no problem. Maybe they will have suggestions for it to not happen again.

chefmeg said:
I would call the Test Kitchens about this~I have the pan and roasted a ham for Easter and have done many other items in it with no problem. Maybe they will have suggestions for it to not happen again.

PC emailed me about the adjustment and forwarded my email to the test kitchen. They shipped her a new roasting pan today and will get back to me asap about why it happened. As soon as I hear from them, I will post it.

The test kitchen got back to me!!
They said it most likely was caused by salt and that VINEGAR will remove it!! I emailed my hostess and asked her to let me know.

1. How do I prevent white spots from forming on my roasting pan?

To prevent white spots from forming on your roasting pan, make sure to properly season your pan before use. This can be done by rubbing oil on the surface of the pan and heating it in the oven for about an hour. Also, avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaning agents on the pan as they can damage the seasoning.

2. What causes white spots to appear on a roasting pan?

White spots on a roasting pan are typically caused by a buildup of minerals from hard water or from using harsh cleaning agents. These minerals can react with the metal of the pan, leaving behind white spots.

3. Can white spots on a roasting pan be removed?

Yes, white spots can be removed from a roasting pan. One method is to mix equal parts of water and white vinegar and let the solution sit on the spots for about 15 minutes before rinsing off. Another method is to create a paste using baking soda and water and gently scrub the spots with a soft cloth.

4. Will using a non-stick roasting pan prevent white spots from forming?

Using a non-stick roasting pan may help prevent white spots from forming, as the non-stick coating creates a barrier between the metal and any minerals or chemicals that may come into contact with it. However, it is still important to properly care for and season the pan to ensure its longevity.

5. How can I adjust my cooking or cleaning habits to avoid white spots on my roasting pan?

To avoid white spots on your roasting pan, try using filtered water for cooking and cleaning. Also, avoid using abrasive cleaners or metal utensils on the pan. Instead, opt for gentle cleaning agents and non-metal utensils. Regularly seasoning and properly caring for your pan can also help prevent white spots from forming.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JulieHaak
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Products and Tips
Replies