1. Want to buy your holiday gifts AND support Chef Success seamlessly in the process? If you click a merchant link like amazon or ebay on Chef Success, Chef Success in turn receives 7% of that purchase. Click here for the merchant list. It's easy!

Roasting Pan on stove top

Discussion in 'Products and Tips' started by KayPT, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Can the roasting pan be used on the stove top after baking to make the gravy? I don't want to dirty another pan, but I don't remember what the manual said. Thanks!

2. Yes it can, It can be used for more than just roasting too. Huge lasagna's or a big brownie batch. Don't use higher than Med-Hi.

3. .... and you can brown up to ten pounds of hamburger in it. It's more than a roasting pan!

4. lt1jane

lt1jane Gold Member

big batches of Rice Krispy treats too!!

5. Great, thank you all!

6. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Gold Member

7. Ok, I am really bummed now. I want to do a prime rib. I normally start at 500 degrees, for 10 min., but this one is only safe to 400 degrees. Shoot, I wouldn't have bought this if I knew that! Oh well.

8. SpiritdancerIA

SpiritdancerIA Gold Member

I used mine for prime rib Christmas day - I found a recipe that calls for browning the roast first, then cooking at 250F until the temperature for the doneness you want. It came out great :)