• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Your Roasting Pan on the Stove Top for Delicious Gravy

In summary, roasting pans can be used on the stove top as long as they are suitable for high heat and compatible with the type of stove being used. The benefit of using a roasting pan on the stove top is that it allows for even heat distribution and can help to brown and caramelize foods. To clean a roasting pan used on the stove top, it is important to allow it to cool down completely before washing with warm soapy water and avoiding abrasive cleaners. Additionally, roasting pans can be used for various cooking methods beyond just roasting, making them a versatile tool in the kitchen.
KayPT
Can the roasting pan be used on the stove top after baking to make the gravy? I don't want to dirty another pan, but I don't remember what the manual said. Thanks!

Yes it can, It can be used for more than just roasting too. Huge lasagna's or a big brownie batch. Don't use higher than Med-Hi.

.... and you can brown up to ten pounds of hamburger in it. It's more than a roasting pan!

big batches of Rice Krispy treats too!!

Great, thank you all!

Ok, I am really bummed now. I want to do a prime rib. I normally start at 500 degrees, for 10 min., but this one is only safe to 400 degrees. Shoot, I wouldn't have bought this if I knew that! Oh well.

KayPT said:
Ok, I am really bummed now. I want to do a prime rib. I normally start at 500 degrees, for 10 min., but this one is only safe to 400 degrees. Shoot, I wouldn't have bought this if I knew that! Oh well.

I used mine for prime rib Christmas day - I found a recipe that calls for browning the roast first, then cooking at 250F until the temperature for the doneness you want. It came out great :)

1. Can I use a roasting pan on the stove top?

Yes, you can use a roasting pan on the stove top. However, it is important to make sure that the pan is suitable for stove top use and can withstand high heat.

2. What is the benefit of using a roasting pan on the stove top?

Using a roasting pan on the stove top allows for even heat distribution and can help to brown and caramelize meats and vegetables better than a regular frying pan.

3. Can I use a roasting pan on an induction stove top?

Yes, many roasting pans are compatible with induction stove tops. However, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure compatibility.

4. How do I clean a roasting pan used on the stove top?

To clean a roasting pan used on the stove top, allow it to cool down completely before washing it with warm soapy water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or steel wool, as they can damage the pan's surface.

5. Can I use a roasting pan on the stove top for more than just roasting?

Yes, you can use a roasting pan on the stove top for a variety of cooking methods such as searing, sautéing, and simmering. It can also be used as a serving dish for stovetop-to-table convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • Belle4562
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Belle4562
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies