• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried roasting a whole chicken in a Fluted Pan before?

but I have to agree with the other person that the cavity gets a bit too large.I LOVE my fluted pan, and the chicken is awesome,...but I have to agree with the other person that the cavity gets a bit too large.
rebeccastt
Silver Member
Has anyone made a whole roasted chicken in the Fluted Pan before? I remember hearing about it before I became a consultant where you put the whole chicken on top of the center (put the chicken cavity over it) and place vegetables on the bottom. The juices from the chicken fall down and season the vegetables. Has anyone tried this and can offer some advice? Should I cover it for a portion of the time? I would imagine I would need to cook it for about an hour, keeping it covered with foil most of that time. Should I baste it? Please share how you cook whole chickens in the oven.

Thank you!

I have been wondering about this also. And doesn't the juice drip out of the hole in the fluted pan???

There is no whole in the stoneware version.

Huh!
rebeccastt said:
There is no whole in the stoneware version.

OHHHHHHHHH!!!! Now it all makes sense :p
I really need to get that fluted stone!!

I have heard about this but I don't think your suppsoed to cover the chicken.... though....

To make the chicken using the Fluted Pan, wash the bird, rub oil all over, sprinkle with the seasoning of your choice, plop the whole bird over the "post", cut up veggies in large chunks, place in bottom of pan. Bake at 350 F. for 1-1/2 for a 3 1/2 to 4 pound bird. Don't cover the bird.

SusanBP0129 said:
I have been wondering about this also. And doesn't the juice drip out of the hole in the fluted pan???
Don't feel bad, I was thinking the same thing!!

What I do after placing the chicken on a platter is make and fill the cavity area with a stuffing, either homemade or box/bag type. I place the vegetable around the chicken. I might plop the bird too far down, because that is one ugly bird when I take it out of the pan. Tastes great, looks great in color, but cavity is just a little larger than regular pan roasting. But it is wonderful. I cooked one and had it at ashow and sold 10 out of 15 guests a fluted bundt pan.

All I can say is YUMMY!
I use to use my fluted pan before I got the new baker with lid! I stuck the bird cavity(hole) on the flute part then in the well around the stone I filled it with potatoes, carrots, onions, zuccini, and after washing the chicken, melted butter brushed it on with garlic and seasoned with herbs. Baked at 350 for 2 hours! YUMMS!!!!!! If you have a fluted piece you must try it!

I am so excited to get this pan with my stoneware incentive and try this chicken!

Another thing that is really yummy with this chicken is to zest a lemon, press some garlic and rub that under the skin. You will lose your mind, the house smells so good!!

gilliandanielle said:
Don't feel bad, I was thinking the same thing!!

Good!! Glad I'm not alone!! LOL
I MUST get this stone now!! :D

Another great recipe in this stone is the cinammon buns you make with frozen bread rolls.

strasfamily said:
Another great recipe in this stone is the cinammon buns you make with frozen bread rolls.

Yes I need to try that one also! I've used the 8"saute pan and the mini baker next is the fluted pan!

At my show before I signed up, my director told me about the turkey on the Fluted Stoneware. I thought "wow, that's really cool. I need to buy that!!" But, I haven't used it for that yet. It's too busy doing the 10-minute microwave miracle cake at all my parties : ))))

luvs2cook said:
At my show before I signed up, my director told me about the turkey on the Fluted Stoneware. I thought "wow, that's really cool. I need to buy that!!" But, I haven't used it for that yet. It's too busy doing the 10-minute microwave miracle cake at all my parties : ))))
The 10-minute microwave miracle cake sounds wonderful. Can we have the recipe please?

Purchase a box of cake mix, the ingredients for the cake (prepare as directed on the box) and a container of frosting. Use your kitchen spritzer and spritz the fluted Stoneware. Pour the cake mixture into the fluted stoneware. Open a container of frosting (I use 3/4 of the container --- with more, it's just a total mess when you invert it) and put it in the mixture.

Put fluted Stoneware into the microwave for 10 minutes on high. Let it cool for about 5-7 minutes. Invert on medium Simple Additions square.

People are amazed this cake is soooo good and moist, too.

I LOVE my fluted pan, and the chicken is awesome, however, I need help with the 12 minute cakes. I've only made one. When I inverted it onto a cake plate the cake on top was really soggy - is this normal? What did I do wrong?? I made a spice cake w/apple pie filling. I'd really like to try this again with a little more guidance.

yeah, i did mine in the rice cooker. I tried the lava cake with red velvet cake and cream cheese icing. i thought the icing was supposed to be like a lava cake and flow out. Instead the top of the cake was slimy and gooey. WHAT IS WRONG!

But i love the low fat cake...1 cake mix and 1 can of diet soda. mix just the two things together and put in greased rice cooker, cook 8-10 minutes. serve with fat free cool whip. YUMMY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing! I never thought of doing this! I can't wait to try it! Another thing about those cakes-- I'm having trouble getting them to come out with out falling apart-- I'm stressed 'cause a couple of my shows want to have them and decorate as pumpkins-- what do I need to do differently? I let them sit, let them cool until the sides pull away, but the top hasn't come out right-- I lose most of the top!

pckimboyers said:
Amazing! I never thought of doing this! I can't wait to try it! Another thing about those cakes-- I'm having trouble getting them to come out with out falling apart-- I'm stressed 'cause a couple of my shows want to have them and decorate as pumpkins-- what do I need to do differently? I let them sit, let them cool until the sides pull away, but the top hasn't come out right-- I lose most of the top!

I use the pastry brush and brush the stone with vegetable oil (liquid) lightly before putting the cake mix in. I cook it for exactly 12 minutes in my microwave and when I take it out I only let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes in the stone before inverting it. Mine have all come out perfectly, (except one mishap at a show where the host microwave was too small to rotate the stone! Didn't work as well!!) :eek: Anyway, maybe you are letting it cool too long in the stone and that is causing it to stick?? Or maybe its the way you grease the stone?? I'm not sure but mine usually come out perfectly...hope I've helped.

I think you gave me the key... I did use the pastry brush to put oil on, but I heard to cook it for 15 min, then let it sit in the microwave for another 15 so it would finish cooking.... I will def. try what you told me-- I mixed the batter the way it said on the box-- not with the sour cream... does that make a difference? Would I do the same for the small fluted pan-- Could you do Cornish hens on the small fluted?

I got this on here a while ago. I've used a few of these recipes (the red raspberry, and chocolate cherry are big hits) and I use these exact instructions. Hope this helps...sorry so long...I don't know how to add as an attachment!

Incredible 12 Minute Cakes
Need a quick dessert for a potluck or a beautiful finale to dinner? With THREE ingredients, a microwave and our STONEWARE FLUTED PAN, you’ll have an impressive and delicious cake!
Just follow these simple steps:
Brush your pan with vegetable oil using the pastry brush.
Mix eggs and pie filling in Batter Bowl (a whisk works for most).
Add cake mix and blend well with Mix ‘N Scraper.
Pour batter in pan and microwave on HIGH for 12-13 minutes.
Let cool 10 minutes and invert on platter.
** Note…. If you do not have a carousel, rotate _ turn every 3 minutes. Check with cake tester and if not done, then cook 1 minute more each time before testing again. Garnish with icing, whipped topping, more pie filling, nuts, etc. The Best results are found with cake mixes containing puddings or the new moist cakes.

Apple Cinnamon Spice Luscious Lemon
1 spice cake mix 1 lemon or white cake mix
1 can apple pie filling 1 can lemon pie filling
3 eggs 3 eggs
Drizzle with caramel. Top with a lemon glaze & whipped topping.
Top with ice cream or whipped topping.

Banana Banana Pineapple Upside Down Cake
1 banana cake mix 1 pineapple cake mix
1 can banana crème pie filling 1 cube butter 1 cup dark brown sugar
3 eggs 1 medium can crushed pineapple
Glaze with powdered sugar 16 oz. sour cream
3 eggs
Heat butter, brown sugar and crushed
pineapples in saucepan until dissolved.
Caramel & Apple Mix cake mix with eggs and sour cream.
1 caramel or butter pecan cake mix Pour tepid mixture from saucepan
1 can apple pie filling into fluted pan and spoon cake mixture on
top, then
3 eggs microwave on HIGH for 13 minutes. Place
on cooling rack, let rest 10-15 minutes
remove from pan.

Pumpkin Caramel
1 spice cake mix
Cherry Chocolate 1 16oz can pumpkin (not pie mix)
1 chocolate cake mix 3 eggs
1 can cherry pie filling _ tsp. Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus Spice
3 eggs
Top with fudge frosting, whipped topping,
grated chocolate or cherry pie filling.

Fantastic, Quick Chocolate Cake Raging Red Raspberry
1 chocolate cake mix 1 white or chocolate cake mix
3 eggs 1 can raspberry pie filling
16 oz. sour cream 3 eggs
_ cup chocolate chips Top with whipped topping & grated chocolate
Sprinkle with powdered sugar (for a really
final touch, fill center hole of cake with strawberries!

Compliments of your Pampered Chef® Kitchen Consultant:
Becky Northup_ [email protected]

Oh, those sound so good! I can't wait to get my fluted stone FREE!!

1. How do I prepare the chicken before cooking it in the fluted pan?

To prepare the chicken for cooking, you can season it with your desired herbs and spices. You can also stuff the cavity with lemon slices, garlic cloves, or herbs for added flavor.

2. Can I use a frozen chicken in the fluted pan?

No, it is recommended to use a thawed or fresh chicken for best results. Cooking a frozen chicken in the fluted pan may result in uneven cooking and a longer cooking time.

3. Do I need to grease the pan before cooking the chicken?

No, the fluted pan is designed to be non-stick and does not require greasing. However, you can lightly brush the pan with oil or butter for added flavor and to prevent the chicken from sticking.

4. What temperature and cooking time should I use for the roast chicken in the fluted pan?

The recommended temperature for cooking chicken in the fluted pan is 375°F. The cooking time will vary depending on the size of the chicken, but on average it will take 1-1.5 hours. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.

5. Can I add vegetables to the fluted pan while cooking the chicken?

Yes, you can add vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, and onions to the fluted pan while cooking the chicken. Just make sure to cut them into similar sized pieces to ensure even cooking. You can also add some chicken broth or white wine to the pan for added moisture and flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • legacypc46
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • JackieB999