• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rice Pudding & Brown Rice Questions

In summary, regular rice pudding is made with white rice while brown rice pudding is made with brown rice, which has a chewier texture and nuttier flavor. Any type of rice can be used for rice pudding, but different types will result in different textures and flavors. Common ingredients in rice pudding include rice, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract, with the option to add eggs, butter, spices, fruits, and nuts. To prevent rice pudding from becoming too dry, it is important to use enough liquid in the recipe and add extra milk or cream if needed. Rice pudding can also be made in a slow cooker by combining all ingredients and cooking on low for 2-3 hours.
purrbal
Gold Member
Using the RICE COOKER PLUS

...Anyone ever make Rice Pudding in their Rice Cooker Plus with MILK instead of water???? :confused:

...Brown Rice - anyone make it in their RCP? Does it take more water?? or more time??? :confused:

Last edited:
bump......................

DH does brown rice all the time in the rice cooker - no problems...just like white rice.

Rice Pudding in the Rice Cooker Plus
3/4 c uncooked long grain white rice 2 1/2 cups water
1/4 tsp salt 1 cup milk
1 cup half and half 1 pkg (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding
1/2 tsp Korintje Cinnamon 1/2 cup raisins (optional)

? Combine rice, water and salt in Rice Cooker Plus. Cover and microwave according to package directions.
? In small batter bowl, combine milk half and half, pudding mix and cinnamon; whisk until smooth and beginning to thicken using Stainless Steel Whisk.
? Remove cooker from microwave. Carefully remove lids; lifting away from you. Add pudding mixture and raisins, if desired; mix well using Classic Scraper. Serve warm. Yield 8 servings

Just follow the recipe on the brown rice package.

Thank you both for your help.

What is the difference between regular rice pudding and brown rice pudding?

Regular rice pudding is typically made with white rice, while brown rice pudding is made with brown rice. Brown rice is a whole grain and contains more fiber and nutrients than white rice. It also has a chewier texture and nuttier flavor.

Can I use any type of rice for rice pudding?

Yes, you can use any type of rice for rice pudding, but different types will result in different textures and flavors. Short grain rice, like Arborio, will result in a creamier pudding, while long grain rice will result in a fluffier pudding. Brown rice will also result in a chewier texture.

What are some common ingredients in rice pudding?

Rice pudding typically includes rice, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. Some recipes may also include eggs, butter, and spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. Fruits and nuts can also be added for additional flavor and texture.

How do I prevent my rice pudding from becoming too dry?

To prevent your rice pudding from becoming too dry, make sure to use enough liquid in your recipe. If you're using brown rice, you may need to add more liquid as it absorbs more than white rice. You can also add a little extra milk or cream at the end of cooking if your pudding is too dry.

Can I make rice pudding in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make rice pudding in a slow cooker. Simply combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender and the pudding is creamy. You can also use a slow cooker liner for easy cleanup.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefgirlrd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies