• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make a Microwave Cake - Step by Step for Kati

Your Name]In summary, making a microwave cake can seem daunting, but it's actually a simple and tasty process. To make a Rice Cooker Cake, combine a cake mix with water, oil, and eggs, pour it into a greased rice cooker, and microwave for 10-12 minutes. Serve and enjoy your delicious cake!
Kati
Okay, I have read all of the posts on the Rice Cooker Cake- and it sounds great! But, I've never made any of the Microwave cakes and I don't understand!! Sorry- I guess it's over my head! ;)
Will someone please tell me, step by step, the "recipe"?
Thank you, in advance!
Kati

CakeI put all of the ingredients that it says on the back of a box of cake mix into the rice cooker. (Mix,Water,Oil and Eggs) then I mix it up. Then I put 4 med. scoops of frosting from the plastic can on top. I put the two lids on and put in microwave 9 min.

I tried inverting it onto a plate and don't like it as much. But you can do that if you like. It is a little bit drier. Also I didn't think it was very pretty. Oh honestly I thought it was ugly. I just scoop pieces out of the pan and what happens is the pieces kind of roll in the melted frosting and are almost totally covered with a rich sauce. If I serve with ice cream I spoon some sauce over that too. Very decadent! And if you garnish with a bit of fresh mint and a raspberry, very pretty.

This is the same recipe as the 10 minute microwave cake in the fluted stone. What happens is that the icing is more dense than the raw batter and sinks to the bottom of the pan. The result is when you turn it over, the icing drips all over the top of the cake and ices the cake.

I am so excited about this!!! I have a cake in the micro as we speak!!!!! :D

Hi Kati,Don't worry, making a microwave cake may seem intimidating at first, but it's actually a very simple and delicious process! Here's a step-by-step guide for making a Rice Cooker Cake:Ingredients:
- 1 box of your favorite cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggsInstructions:
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix until well combined and smooth.
2. Grease the inside of your microwave-safe rice cooker with cooking spray or butter.
3. Pour the cake batter into the rice cooker and smooth out the top.
4. Microwave on high for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Let the cake cool for a few minutes before flipping it onto a plate.
6. Serve and enjoy your delicious microwave cake!I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or need any more tips. Happy baking!Best,

Question 1: What ingredients do I need to make a microwave cake?

To make a microwave cake, you will need 1/4 cup of flour, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/4 cup of milk, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.

Question 2: Can I use a regular cake mix in the microwave?

Yes, you can use a regular cake mix in the microwave. Just follow the instructions on the cake mix box, but instead of baking in the oven, pour the batter into a microwave-safe container and cook according to the recommended time on the box.

Question 3: How long should I microwave the cake for?

The cooking time for a microwave cake may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave. Generally, it takes about 2-3 minutes on high power for a single serving cake. It's best to check on the cake after 2 minutes and add additional time if needed.

Question 4: Do I need to grease the microwave-safe container before pouring the batter?

Yes, it is recommended to grease the microwave-safe container before pouring the batter to prevent the cake from sticking to the sides. You can use butter or cooking spray to grease the container.

Question 5: Can I add any toppings to the microwave cake?

Yes, you can add toppings to your microwave cake such as whipped cream, chocolate chips, or fresh fruit. Just make sure to add them after the cake is cooked and cooled down to avoid melting or sinking into the batter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefcharity
  • Mel92504
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyCooks
Replies
Views
SmartOne