• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Surprising Dishes Can You Cook in a Rice Cooker?

In summary, the rice cooker can be used for various dishes such as oatmeal, rice, cake, mashed potatoes, and rice pudding. It can also be used to cook hamburger meat, frozen chicken, and macaroni and cheese. More recipes and tips can be found on online forums.
SilverCeladon
I just had my first show and a customer asked me what else can you use the rice cooker for? I told her oatmeal, rice, and of course the cake. What are some other uses for it?

I'm new also, but if you search this forum there are recipes and tips for the rice cooker....just read them earlier today. ;)

here are a fewRice Cooker Recipes

Make a Microwave Cake in the Rice Cooker
All you need is one standard-size cake mix and one
can of prepared frosting. Simply mix the cake mix according to package
directions, and pour batter into the Rice Cooker. Using the medium
scoop, drop 4-6 scoops of frosting into the batter.
Microwave for 10 minutes. Remove cake from Rice Cooker by flipping in
onto a serving plate.

Mashed Potatoes in the Rice Cooker Plus
1. Peel and cut up 5 potatoes, in fairly small cubes so they cook
faster.
2. Add 3/4 cup milk (or enough milk to cover the potatoes halfway) and
half a stick of butter.
3. Put in the microwave for 10 minutes, give them a stir (open lid away
from you, for steam to escape) then put them back in for another 6 minutes,
depending on your microwave, you might need to adjust this time. Test if they are
tender.
4. Mash them up with the a masher, then use the whisk, and season them
with salt and pepper, more milk if required and of course more butter!
5. Makes approximately 4-6 servings.

Rice Pudding in the Rice Cooker Plus
3/4 c uncooked long grain white rice 2 1/2 cups water
1/4 tsp salt 1 cup milk
1 cup half and half 1 pkg (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding
1/2 tsp Korintje Cinnamon 1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Combine rice, water and salt in Rice Cooker Plus. Cover and microwave
according to package directions.
In small batter bowl, combine milk half and half, pudding mix and
cinnamon; whisk until smooth and beginning to thicken using Stainless
Steel Whisk.
Remove cooker from microwave. Carefully remove lids; lifting away
from you. Add pudding mixture and raisins, if desired; mix well using
Classic Scraper. Serve warm. Yield 8 servings

You can also cook hamburger meat and frozen chicken in Rice cooker just as you would in the micro-cooker.

I make Macaroni and cheese about once a week for my daughter. I put the macaroni in and then cover with water, put the lid on and then microwave for 9 minutes. I stir once in the middle and then drain the water and you are good to go. It is a lifesaver around my house.

Mashed Potatoes

6 russett potatoes with a TBL water. 12 minutes and you're supposed to have 6 baked potatoes!

Hi there! Congratulations on your first show, that's so exciting! I'm glad you were able to showcase the versatility of our rice cooker by mentioning oatmeal, rice, and cake. There are actually many other uses for our rice cooker that you can share with your customers. Here are a few ideas:1. Steaming vegetables: Our rice cooker comes with a steaming basket, making it perfect for steaming vegetables. This is a quick and easy way to cook healthy side dishes.2. Soups and stews: You can also use your rice cooker to make soups and stews. Just add your ingredients and let it cook on the "slow cook" setting. This is a great option for busy weeknights.3. Quinoa and other grains: In addition to rice, you can also use your rice cooker to cook quinoa, couscous, and other grains. This takes the guesswork out of cooking these grains on the stovetop.4. One-pot meals: You can get creative and make one-pot meals in your rice cooker. For example, you can make a delicious risotto or even a stir-fry by adding all the ingredients and letting it cook.5. Desserts: Besides cake, you can also make other desserts in your rice cooker. Some ideas include bread pudding, custard, and even cheesecake.I hope these ideas give you some inspiration for your future shows. Our rice cooker truly is a versatile and convenient kitchen tool. Happy cooking!

1. What types of rice can I make in a rice cooker?

With a Pampered Chef rice cooker, you can make any type of rice, including white rice, brown rice, wild rice, jasmine rice, and basmati rice.

2. Can I cook other grains in a rice cooker?

Yes, you can also cook other grains such as quinoa, couscous, and barley in a Pampered Chef rice cooker.

3. How much rice can I make in a rice cooker?

Our rice cooker has a capacity of 6 cups, so you can make up to 6 cups of uncooked rice, which will yield about 12 cups of cooked rice.

4. Can I use the rice cooker for other dishes besides rice?

Absolutely! Our rice cooker can also be used to make soups, stews, oatmeal, and even desserts like rice pudding.

5. Is it easy to clean the rice cooker?

Yes, our rice cooker has a non-stick inner pot that is easy to clean. You can also remove and wash the lid, steam basket, and measuring cup for thorough cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pjpamchef
  • NewDirectorKaren
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KimoMakano
  • chefsteph07
  • Products and Tips
Replies