• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Rice in the RCP: Advice Needed

In summary, the RCP (Rice Cooker Plus) can hold up to 3 cups of uncooked rice, which yields about 6 cups of cooked rice. It is recommended to rinse the rice before cooking to remove excess starch, but it is not necessary for a stickier texture. Cooking time varies, but it generally takes 20 minutes for white rice and 30-40 minutes for brown rice in the RCP. Seasonings and other ingredients can be added to the rice before cooking, and the RCP should be cleaned with a soft sponge or cloth and mild detergent after use.
Mel92504
Gold Member
Okay...so I have never actually used the RCP for rice...I've only ever made the Chocolate Molton Lava Cake...

I'd love some advice on how to cook rice in it, so at least I can have some experience with what the product was MADE for...lol

Or maybe I should email HO & tell them to change the name to the microwave cake maker...lmao!!!

i have the RCP and in the use and care guide it says to refer to the directions on the Rice package on how to cook the rice. None of the rice I buy have mw directions besides Minute Rice. So I searched on the web and found the following guidelines, which work pretty well. You might have to play with the time depending on the wattage of your microwave.

Jasmine Rice in Microwave (I use the Rice Cooker Plus)

1-1/2 C. Jasmine Rice
Rinse rice with cold water for a few minutes and put in RCP
Add 2 c. Water
Microwave on high 10 min, stir.
Microwave 5 more minutes.
Ready to eat.
(2 c. Rice to 2-1/2 c. Water)

I've been really pleased with how the rice turns out and the RCP is so easy to clean! I question if it's really necessary to stir after 10 minutes as all the steam is escaping when I open the lid, but so far I haven't not done it. I think next time, I'll let it go 12 minutes and then check to see if it's done and take it from there.

Directions for making rice are on the Use & Care card that came with it.

I had this in my files...

Attachments

• PAMPERED CHEF Rice Cooker Recipe BOOKLET.doc
    302 KB · Views: 1,251
  • PAMPERED CHEF Rice Cooker Book updated.doc
    103.5 KB · Views: 752
  • PAMPERED CHEF Rice Cooker Plus Recipes.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 736
  • PAMPERED CHEF Rice Cooker Safety Info.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 468
  • PAMPERED CHEF RiceCookerBooklet.doc
    44 KB · Views: 472
thanks so much!!!

Uncle Ben's brown rice has microwave directions on the package. It comes out perfect every time.

1. How much rice can I cook in the RCP?

The RCP (Rice Cooker Plus) can hold up to 3 cups of uncooked rice, which will yield about 6 cups of cooked rice.

2. Do I need to pre-wash the rice before cooking it in the RCP?

It is recommended to rinse the rice before cooking to remove excess starch and prevent the rice from becoming too sticky. However, it is not necessary to pre-wash the rice if you prefer a stickier texture.

3. How long does it take to cook rice in the RCP?

Cooking time may vary depending on the type of rice and the desired texture. Generally, it takes about 20 minutes to cook white rice and 30-40 minutes for brown rice in the RCP.

4. Can I add seasonings or other ingredients to the rice while cooking in the RCP?

Yes, you can add seasonings, herbs, vegetables, or even meat to the rice before cooking in the RCP. Just be sure to adjust the amount of water accordingly.

5. How do I clean the RCP after cooking rice?

Allow the RCP to cool down before cleaning. Use a soft sponge or cloth with mild detergent to wipe the inside and outside of the RCP. Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads as they can damage the non-stick coating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
SmartOne
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies