• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cook Perfect Brown Rice with the Help of a Rice Cooker

In summary, anyone can make brown rice in their rice cooker. Just follow the instructions on the box. It usually comes out fluffy.
its_me_susan
Anyone make brown rice in their rice cooker? I've never used the cooker yet and am dying to.

Susan :)

Yep--I always use brown rice...ya know trying to eat healthier & all; it works great! I also use mine for mixes; like broccoli/cheese rice & spanish rice. So much easier to just throw it in the micro than to have to watch it on the stove!

lacychef said:
Yep--I always use brown rice...ya know trying to eat healthier & all; it works great! I also use mine for mixes; like broccoli/cheese rice & spanish rice. So much easier to just throw it in the micro than to have to watch it on the stove!

Lacy, I cant find my instructions... Can you guide me through it please (if you have time to type them)? I'm so excited I can do brown rice!

I used to make it all the time! 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water and then I added 1 or 2 chicken boullion cubes to flavor it and nuked it for 30-35 min. and it was good!

With the rice cooker, does the rice come out fluffy, or sticky like the chinese food place white rice?

I just follow the instructions on the box for microwaving. And I'm out of rice right now, so I'm not sure about the directions! I just follow whatever the recipe says, & it turns out great everytime. It's usually pretty fluffy.

I actually prefer the sticky rice....LOVE IT! If anyone knows how to make perfect sticky rice I would love the secrets!! I know that the chinese food buffets always have it in a crock pot in a Saran wrap "hammock" ...maybe thats the trick? but I do see their trick of covering the scooper with saran wrap so that it doesn't stick....hmm, i can think of a lot of other recipes that that would be useful for!

jenniferknapp said:
With the rice cooker, does the rice come out fluffy, or sticky like the chinese food place white rice?

It's fluffy. I believe the sticky rice is a particular type of rice. Could be wrong, though.

You need short grain rice for sticky rice. Long grain stays fluffy and separate.

i usually use basmati...thanks though!

jenniferknapp said:
i usually use basmati...thanks though!
'what's the basmati like?

its like white....but just has a little bit of a better taste then plain white...not sure how to explain it, my friend's mom's bf is from haiti and is a wonderful cook, and he always makes rice and beans and always uses basmati..so after that I just always get it..

its_me_susan said:
Lacy, I cant find my instructions... Can you guide me through it please (if you have time to type them)? I'm so excited I can do brown rice!

Susan~
You can go to Consultants Corner and print out the use and care information for the Rice Cooker. I find myself having to print it out on a regular basis!!:D

erinyourpclady said:
Susan~
You can go to Consultants Corner and print out the use and care information for the Rice Cooker. I find myself having to print it out on a regular basis!!:D

oh good idea! ::: blushing :::

Thank you for the tips!

its_me_susan said:
oh good idea! ::: blushing :::

Thank you for the tips!

making it now!

1. How do I use the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker for cooking brown rice?

To cook brown rice in the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker, first measure out the desired amount of rice and rinse it under cold water. Then, add the rice to the rice cooker along with the appropriate amount of water according to the package instructions. Close the lid and select the "brown rice" setting on the rice cooker. Once the rice is cooked, let it rest for 5-10 minutes before fluffing with a fork and serving.

2. How long does it take to cook brown rice in the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker?

The cooking time for brown rice in the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker will vary depending on the amount of rice being cooked and the specific model of the rice cooker. Generally, it takes about 45-60 minutes to cook brown rice in the rice cooker.

3. Can I use the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker for other types of rice besides brown rice?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker can be used to cook different types of rice such as white, jasmine, basmati, and wild rice. Simply adjust the water and cooking time according to the package instructions for the specific type of rice being used.

4. Can I cook other foods besides rice in the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker?

While the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker is primarily designed for cooking rice, it can also be used to steam vegetables, fish, and other types of grains. The rice cooker comes with a steamer basket that can be used for cooking these types of foods.

5. How do I clean the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker after use?

To clean the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker, first unplug it and let it cool down. Then, remove the inner pot and wash it with warm soapy water. The lid and steamer basket can also be washed with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry all parts thoroughly before reassembling the rice cooker for future use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefgirlrd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cakepampered
Replies