• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rice Coker for PoPampered Cheforn??

In summary, the customer and upcoming host asked the expert if the rice cooker could be used for making popcorn in the microwave, and the expert said that it is not safe to do so.
gbakes27
Gold Member
I have a customer and upcoming host who asked me if the rice cooker could be used for making popcorn nthe microwave. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I'm pretty sure that use is contraindicated by the use and care. I wouldn't risk it.

Yeah...I agree with Ann. That would be WAY too high of heat, and could start a fire?

I wouldn't!! I think that it would not have enough room to pop and it poses a fire risk.... like Kelly said!

The hot oil could melt the Rice Cooker.

wadesgirl said:
The hot oil could melt the Rice Cooker.
I've never seen oil used when popping corn in the microwave. My mom had a plastic microwave popper when I was younger, and while it worked, it made lousy popcorn because there was no oil and salt wouldn't stick to it (like air-popped popcorn).

Hot oil will melt the plastic. I ruined my old colander bowl set doing this.

I do Micro popcorn using my Classic Batter bowl. I never measure but it is about 1/2 tsp oil and 1/3 cup popcorn. place lid (not tightly) on bowl or use a plate ot plastic wrap. (It must be able to vent steam). nuke 3-4 mins. The 2nd batch will pop better because everything is allready hot. I also try to leave the kernels that did not pop in the BB for the 2nd round.

Last edited:
I haven't made popcorn other than the kind that comes in a microwave bag in so long that I forgot about even needing oil. I wouldn't bother.

Microwave caution: My son cooked a "baked" potato on one of the dots salad dishes and the dish got so hot that he got a blister on his hand. He has done the same thing many times with the small bar pan and even though it's quite warm he has never felt it was nearly as hot as that. Be careful!

I have heard of people doing popcorn in the large micro-cooker before and they addressed the issue with Pampered Chef several years ago. Pampered Chef discouraged people from doing that.... it is hot safe and will cause the bowl to pit.

thanks everyone - i will pass all of that along

DH loves it when I make popcorn on the stove, so I had to keep one of my old copperbottom pans for this because there was no way I was going to risk scratching the bottom of my Exec pans for popcorn.

I use my Executive Stir Fry skillet! I comes out just fine and it's beautiful still! Works wonderful and my kids think I'm awesome for doing this! Hey, another thing I do is add Sweet Caramel Sprinkle to the popcorn! Then they have their own caramel popcorn!;) :D

MissChef said:
I use my Executive Stir Fry skillet! I comes out just fine and it's beautiful still! Works wonderful and my kids think I'm awesome for doing this! Hey, another thing I do is add Sweet Caramel Sprinkle to the popcorn! Then they have their own caramel popcorn!;) :D

Great idea! My DH would love that! I've been doing popcorn on the stove for years. I also make popcorn with olive oil instead of vegetable oil and it gives the popcorn a great flavor. Then I can add whatever seasonings I like. Garlic is a popular one around here. I'm even thinking of trying it with some of the PC rubs and seasonings.

How do you make the popcorn on the stove with the stir fry skillet?

1. How do I use the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker?

To use the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker, first measure the desired amount of rice and water according to the included instructions. Then, place both in the cooker and close the lid. Turn the switch to the "cook" position and wait for the rice to cook. Once the rice is done, the cooker will automatically switch to the "keep warm" setting.

2. Can I cook other grains besides rice in the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker?

Yes, you can use the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker to cook a variety of grains, such as quinoa, couscous, and oatmeal. Simply follow the same instructions as you would for cooking rice, adjusting the water and cooking time according to the specific grain.

3. Is the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing the inner pot with warm soapy water to prolong its lifespan.

4. How long does it take for the rice to cook in the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker?

The cooking time varies depending on the type and amount of rice being cooked. On average, it takes about 20-25 minutes for white rice and 30-35 minutes for brown rice. Refer to the included instructions for specific cooking times and measurements.

5. Can I use the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker to steam vegetables?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker comes with a steaming tray that can be used to steam vegetables, seafood, and other foods. Simply place the tray on top of the rice and water before cooking. This is a great way to make a complete meal in one pot!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pjpamchef
  • Senkimekia
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Senkimekia
  • NewDirectorKaren
  • Products and Tips
Replies