• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rice a Roni in the Rice Cooker?

In summary, you can make rice, boxed rice mixes, and veggies in the rice cooker. It can also be used to melt other things, like chocolate.
lisagoins
Does anyone know if it's okay to make rice a roni in the Rice Cooker? I have one, but I've only used it for cakes, and a friend just bought one and wants to use it for rice a roni. Something in the Use and Care about glass bowls? Anyone? Thanks!--Lisa

Yes! Just follow the micro instructions on the box...

Be careful, though. I had a customer ruin hers because she followed the directions to melt the rice mixture in the butter first til brown and it got so hot it all melted into the plastic :( She did get it replaced but Home Office said it couldn't be used that way because of high heat of the butter.
Kelly, have you done something different to prevent that?

I haven't made rice-a-roni, but I have made a lot of the instant Lipton. I have made several of their rice dishes as well as their noodles. They all turn out well!

Thanks--I'll give her the heads up about the butter. She was concerned becausethe Use and Care said not to use things that specified using a glass bowl in the microwave.

cochef said:
Be careful, though. I had a customer ruin hers because she followed the directions to melt the rice mixture in the butter first til brown and it got so hot it all melted into the plastic :( She did get it replaced but Home Office said it couldn't be used that way because of high heat of the butter.
Kelly, have you done something different to prevent that?
Ooops!

I had a rice-a-roni type rice dish, but you didn't have to brown it first. I forgot about that! No...I haven't done that in the rice cooker. Just made flavored "boxed" rice mixes....

Sorry for the confusion!

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

What else can be made in the rice cooker? I don't have the microsteamer yet, can I do veggies in the rice cooker? Can it be used to melt other things, like chocolate? Too bad about the butter...

Hi Lisa,Great question! I have used my Rice Cooker for rice a roni before and it turned out perfectly. The key is to use the right amount of water and follow the instructions on the Rice Cooker for cooking rice. As for the glass bowl, it should be safe to use as long as it is heat-resistant and specifically made for use in the Rice Cooker. I hope this helps and happy cooking!

1. Can I use any type of Rice a Roni in the rice cooker?

Yes, you can use any variety of Rice a Roni in the rice cooker. Just follow the instructions on the package for the water and cook time.

2. Do I need to add any additional ingredients when cooking Rice a Roni in the rice cooker?

No, the rice cooker will cook the Rice a Roni perfectly with just water. You do not need to add any additional ingredients.

3. How much water do I need to add when cooking Rice a Roni in the rice cooker?

The general rule is to use 1 1/2 cups of water for every 1 cup of Rice a Roni. However, it is best to follow the instructions on the package for the specific variety you are using.

4. Can I add vegetables or meat to the Rice a Roni in the rice cooker?

Yes, you can add vegetables or meat to the Rice a Roni in the rice cooker. Just make sure to chop them into small pieces and add them in with the Rice a Roni before cooking.

5. How long does it take to cook Rice a Roni in the rice cooker?

The cook time may vary depending on the variety of Rice a Roni you are using, but on average it takes about 20 minutes to cook in the rice cooker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Senkimekia
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Senkimekia
  • SPAMSTIME
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies